• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen G/S/C Monotype Challenge

Years
    @ BebbZ: If your Eevee is the one you get from Bill, it could take some while for it to evolve, since it doesn't have as many level-ups as a breeded one would have, and level-ups give the most happiness points.

@~Hot n' Cold~: Wow, that's a huge project, good luck with it

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    Eevee finally evolved, just in time to learn psychic. And I do regret not breeding it, thats for sure. (And yes, I took to salon daily, except when I took smoochum).

So update is: Beat Elite Four.
    Moved on to Kanto.
    Beat Lt. Surge.
    Am now working on getting Staryu and a Waterstone to evolve it once I get it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    Big Update:
    -defeated ghost gym
    -killed red gyrados
    -defeated ice gym
    -got medicine for ampho
    -defeated fighting gym
    -defeated steel gym
    -defeated tr again
    -defeated dragon gym
    -caught hm slave(water)
    -got to t4
    -deafeated t4 in first run (lol)

My Team:
    Gengar Lv.54
    Hypnosis; Shodow Ball; Dream Eater; Hp Electric (IMBA strong one, stronger than shadow ball)
    Missdreavus Lv.54
    Swift; Psybeam; Confuse Ray; Perisch Song

T4 was pretty easy, only the dark pokemons were annoying. The champ was ridicully easy because of gengars hp.

@Hot´n Cold
    You forgott Ghost in you list.
    ------------------
    So I´ve got it now, red vanished, I´m the champion of the world again.
    My Final Trio:
    Gengar Lv.64
    Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Hp Electric
    Missdreavus Lv.65
    Swift; Psychic; Confuse Ray; Perish Song

AND

Cutty/Oddish Lv.10
    Cut; Flash; Absorb; Sweet Scent

Relaxo was hardest but I just killed the Rest and than he was killed by Perish Song^^
    Cutty don´t even joined the battle.

Last edited:
    Years
    Congratulations, but how is it possible that Snorlax (or Relaxo, if you want to stay with the German names) was the hardest, it can't even touch Ghosts because all its attacks are of the Normal type...

Oh, and ~Hot n' Cold~, you didn't just forget Ghost, you also forgot Ice, Dragon, Steel and Dark, apparently you orientated on the banners (some types are missing there) when putting the list together.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    Ok just to update, I'm at Red on my psychic run, but my pokemon are ridiculously underleveled, and I'm gonna be grinding them up via the Elite 4 for a while.

(My pokemon are all mid-50's, I dunno how to explain myself, I did awful...and I skipped less trainers than normal too :P).

Edit: Nevermind, I used the money mum was saving (107,000) to buy hyper potions and revives, and beat Red with my ridiculously low leveled team.

Jynx was the hero really, capable of taking out Pikachu with no problem.
    My water/psychic pair (Starmie and Slowbro) dealt with Charizard easily.
    Espeon was surprisingly a problem with 6/10 of it's psychics landing critical hits on Slowbro, as I aimed to revive and heal Starmie, Espeon and Jynx.
    Snorlax made the battle extremely difficult, so I used the same strategy as Urwald, and used Perish Song (going back to Jynx being the hero)...had to endure using that strategy a few times, before eventually Red had no pokemon left to switch to.
    Venasaur was taken out quickly by Kadabra. It used Solarbeam, but didnt have time to charge before it lost.
    Snorlax came back, took out Kadabra. Jynx forced the switch again.
    Blastoise stupidly used Surf repeatedly on Starmie, though eventually winning as Starmie failed to use 4 Zap Cannon's.
    Slowbro had to endure as I revived the rest of the team.
    Starmie's 5th Zap Cannon worked, but didnt' faint Blastoise, however left him weak and Paralysed.
    Espeon finished Blastoise off.
    Snorlax returned to Haunt me again. Used Perish Song.
    Snorlax took out Jynx, Starmie, and (with a critical hit) Slowbro, but Espeon was alive to sit there and watch it faint due to Perish Song.

Psychic run=complete (and a lot harder than expected).

Next run=No idea, any ideas guys?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    Relaxo was annoying because i´coulden´t kill himm, too. Why? First of all he uses Amnesia and Rest, also he got huge stayer quallities (LP and Spez.Def)

Years
    @ BebbZ: Congratulations again. Which run next? I let my graphing calculator create a random number, and it's a 7, which is the Fighting type. How about that?

@ Urwaldbewohner: Now I understand, after 3 Amnesias, Misdreavus' Swift must have been your only way to hurt Snorlax, and really I can't imagine it doing much.

ThwackX

I dont exist.
    Years
    ThwackX's G/S/C Monotype Challenge: ROCK: UPDATE 4

- Got SS Ticket from Elm.
    - Travelled to Vermillion City
    - Graveller Swept Thru Surge
    - Defeated Sabrina, tight battle
    - Attempted Erika, failed horribly. So i left it until later
    - Thru Rock tunnel
    - Went to power plant, activated the Machine part event..
    - Got Machine Part 4 power plant, then TM07
    - Interupted Misty's date ( i dont feel bad, its not like that relationship was going anywhere...)
    - After leveling to 60, i was able to beat Misty and Erika, still, they were tight battles.
    - Went to Fuschia, defeated Janine easily.
    - Talked to Blue, got him to battle with me
    - Meanwhile, I defeated Blaine easily ( Corsola )
    - And defeated Brock ( Corsola again )
    - Blue owned me with his Exeggutor and its solarbeam the 1st attempt. But the second time i used Graveler and Rollout, and the rollout Swept thru half the team xD. Got his gyarados with Corsolas ancientpower and Arcanine with Sudowoodos earthquake and the rest were rollouted.
    - Got Oaks permission to go to Mt Silver

Current Team

Corsola Lv63

- Ancientpower
    - Surf
    - Strength
    - Whirlpool

Graveler Lv62

- Earthquake
    - Dynamicpunch
    - Rock Smash
    - Rollout

Sudowoodo Lv62

- Low kick
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Strength

NEXT UPDATE: THE BATTLE WITH RED! =O

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    Thanks. And thanks for randomising for me, fighting sounds good. Gonna do this one on Crystal.

Update:

Caught Poliwag.
    Beat 1st and 2nd Gym.
    Beat rival (didn't realise at the beginning that Poliwag was so easy to get...so I chose Totodile, big mistake) thanks to hypnosis.
    Caught Heracross.
    Caught Oddish as Cut slave (for now).
    Caught Abra, traded for Machop (thats allowed right? Because it's in-game trade?) <- nevermind, I never got round to using it anyway. Beat gym with Heracross and poliwag.
    Got Surf, taught to poliwag, got strength taught to Machop.
    Went through Mt. Mortar, caught a Machop of my own, beat Fisherman Tully (wanted to do this as soon as possible, in order to hopefully get a water stone)
    Beat Rival, saw Suicune.
    Beat all of gym trainers, Poliwag evolved into Poliwhirl.
    As I went to pokecenter, got call about water stone (earlier than I was expecting o.o)
    Poliwhirl evolved into Poliwrath.
    So I now have all the fighting pokemon I can possibly have until I obtain Waterfall.
    Beat Morty with Poliwrath
    Beat 5th gym with Heracross and Poliwrath (Heracross died due to me training Machop in this time).
    Beat Jasmine with Heracross and Poliwrath.
    Saw Raikou, followed by shiny Farfetch'd on way to Red Gyarados. Didn't attempt to capture any. (Would've if it'd've been Shiny Raikou D: )
    Machop evolved into Machoke, and immediately into Machamp.
    Kicked TR out of Mahogany, and beat Gym with no effort.
    Kicked them out of Goldenrod too.
    Beat Claire.
    Beat Karate King, got Tyrogue.
    Tyrogue evolved into Hitmonlee.
    Bred Hitmonlee with Ditto to get egg (planned to be Hitmonchan).

Am currently: Waiting for egg to hatch, then time to train Tyrogue up to E4 level.

Current team:

Machamp, lv38
    Vital Throw
    Strength
    Fire Punch
    Low Kick

Poliwrath, lv38
    Surf
    Submission
    Icy Wind
    Hypnosis

Hercule/Heracross, lv38
    Take Down
    Horn Attack
    Fury Cutter
    Rock Smash

Hitmonlee, lv 30
    Tackle
    Focus Energy
    Hi Jump Kick
    Lock-on

Tyrogue egg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    Hmm, now I`d like to do something challenching, which type is hardest?
    PLS give me an Idea.

@Bebbz: I always liked Hitmonchan most of the Tyrogue evolves.

Last edited:
    Years
    I would say Grass since it has a lot of disadvantages against Johto's gyms and Team Rocket's Poison Pokemon, but you already did that...

How about Rock, it has common weaknesses, tends to have bad dual-typings that make it even worse, has slow speed and low Special Defense.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    Thank you mondays, I´ll start it now
    --------------------------------------
    -started game, choosen a boy named him Klopapi
    -maked start things (get egg etc.)
    -catched an Geodude, named him Stone
    -defeated sprout tower and first gym, geodude is Lv.15
    -defeated second gym
    -defeated third gym
    -got an Sudowoodo, named it Tree
    -got an Corsola, Named it Cora
    -got badge nummer 4,5,6 and 7 (chuck was hard..)
    -kicked the ass of tr in dukatia
    -trained long time, than defeated gym 8 out of luck
    -got to t4
    -catched an Rhyhorn, named it Horn
    -got problems with Nr.3 and 4
    -finally deafeated all (Lance in first try)
    now standing in front of my house^^

My Team atm:
    Tree/Sudowoodo Lv47
    Slam, Dynamicunch, Rock Slide, Faint Attack
    Cora/Corsola Lv.46
    Ancient-Power, Mirror Coat, Surf, Recover
    Horn/Rhydon Lv.46
    Stomp, Iron Tail, Horn Drill, Icy Wind
    Stone/Golem Lv.52
    Strenght, Earthquake, Rock Smash, Rollout

The last attack of Stone explains why he´s overleveled.
    I´ll get an Slugma now!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    I like both of the Tyrogue evolves that were in RBY. Not a big fan of Hitmontop.

Update: Beat Elite 4. Hardest they've ever been for me.
    Obviously the psychic types were a big problem, I had to rely on beating their second type to stand a chance. (And Heracross' fury cutter after the pesky Xatu's were out the way).
    Koga was equally annoying, especially his crobat and its flying moves.
    After I finally got past Koga it was a walk in the park, beating my fellow fighting types in Bruno's team easily (where possible I made it his v. mine of the same pokemon, I OHKO'd all his).
    Then the dark pokemon were easy, even the ones that weren't dark I just took down with Poliwhirl's surf.
    Mega Punch took care of Gyarados, then Poliwhirl cleaned up the rest with Surf and Icy Wind.
    Beat Blue eventually, though it seemed like his team was prepared specially to beat me, whatever he sent out seemed to just cause me more trouble, but I beat him finally. Alakazam almost OHKO'd all my pokemon, and I had to sacrifice Heracross (using take down) to win.

Red is tough. His Espeon can OHKO everything with psychic, meaning I need to wear down his PP with revives to stand a chance. D=

Charizards Wing Attack also OHKO's everything.

Man, fighting pokemon have it tough.

Edit:

Ok, done with the Fighting challenge, went in there planning to bide my time until Poliwrath's Quick Claw kicked in, due to Charizard OHKO'ing everything last time, and having the speed advantage. That didnt happen, because he decided to use Fire Spin against Poliwrath, which missed, Surf took over half its HP, then Poliwrath managed to Survive a Wing attack. Machamp and Hitmonlee took out Snorlax. Easy.

Blastoise was no problem either, Poliwrath put him to sleep and then Machamp Cross-Chopped away at his health. Venasaur was not much of a problem either, except that it survived long enough to wear down Heracross' HP due to Espeons Reflect.

But long story short, I finally won with my fighting pokemon, despite the type/level disadvantages I had against Red, and the awful typing in the Elite 4.

Fighting was a good Challenge, but I definitely used too many pokemon in my team, especially considering 3 of them were Pure-fighting type.

Next challenge...could you randomise it again? I like not knowing what I'm doing until I start ^^.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    Ok, grass it is then.

Guess I'll be picking Chikorita as a starter then.

Years
    Unexpected Update: Beat Elite 4. They were not as easy as I was expecting, but I managed to beat everyone on the first try.

Will: No comment
    Koga: Forretress lived quite long, but Umbreon beat it. The rest was more or less swept by Murkrow, with Double Team being the only annoying thing.
    Bruno: Murkrow used Fly
    Karen: Annoying. The Houndoom first took a Return and then KOd Murkrow with a Flamethrower. Umbreon beat the rest easily, though.
    Lance: Umbreon beat Gyarados, somehow. Murkrow OHKOd one Dragonite with Icy Wind, but the second one survived and KOd Murkrow with Blizzard or something. I had only one revive which I had already used after Karen, but it didn't matter, Umbreon easily defeated the rest with the help of some flinches from Bite, Moonlight and 1 or 2 Potions.

Hall of Fame Team:
    G/S/C Monotype Challenge

Krow / Murkrow m Lv.57 @ Nevermeltice
    - Fly
    - Return
    - Faint Attack
    - Icy Wind
    As seen above, VERY frail.
    G/S/C Monotype Challenge

Overhyped / Umbreon m Lv.54 @ Amulet Coin
    - Quick Attack
    - Bite
    - Moonlight
    - Return
    Still didn't get rid of Quick Attack...

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    I´m fuched red again^^
    Now with rock pkmn
    My finall Team:
    Stone/Golem Lv.54 @ Amulet Coin
    Strenght, Rollout, Eartquake, Rock Smash; First killed Pikachu with EQ and later he killed Relaxo and Charizard with Rollout
    Horn/Rhydon Lv.54 @ Nevermeltingice
    Bodycheck, Icy Wind, Horn Drill, Iron Tail; He hasn't joined the battle
    Saurus/Aerodactyl Lv.33 @ Dragon Fang
    Fly, Bite, Ancientpower, Dragonbreath; Killed Venusauer with Fly, don´t got hit cause Venu. just used Solar Beam
    Tree/Sudowoodo Lv.54 @
    Rock Slide, Faint Attack, Slam, Dynamicpunch; He hasn´t joined the battle, too.
    Cora/Corsola Lv.56 @ Fokus band?
    Surf, Mirror Coat, Ancient-Force, Recover; Killed Espeon and Blastoise with Mirror Coat

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    Congratulations, Urwald.

I've beaten 2 gyms on my Grass-run.
    Current team is Oddish and Bayleef. They had to combine to beat Scyther. Bayleef's reflect and Oddish's poisonpowder. + Fury cutter missing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    WoW! This sounds fun!

I think I will use Ground on Crystal. (Yay! I will gather my old Ground team!!)

Starting now!!!!

PS: Oh man I remember when I used grass types.. damn Lance and Red were so freaking hard!!!!
    any way any one that beat those two are my idols =P

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    @Massterchief: Look at my Signature

@Bebbz: Get an Hoppip it is the most usefull Seeder because of it fastness

Last edited:
    Back