• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
  • Ok, I have done sooo much with my game.. this will be long.

Before heading back to Goldenrod from Violet City, I decided to try and nab a Poliwag last night. I was unsuccessful with that, but I did come across and catch a Shiny Bellsprout. So, it all worked out.
    I traveled back to Goldenrod this morning, sent Repete in for some training at the Bug-Catching Contest, then Trained up Pete by battling some random Trainers.
    I FINALLY go to the Goldenrod gym, and... I completely pwned it. No damage. Annihilated the place. No challenge whatsoever.

After getting the Squirtbottle, I go and catch sudo. I turn it into a rock smash slave, then head up to ecruteak. Owned Kimono Girls, and got Surf.
    Beat up my rival in the tower, watched legendaries fly by me, then decided I was too weak to take on the Gym (I only had, like, a lvl 30 Pete and a lvl 30 Repete, you know?) I head over to the Lake of Rage, teach Quilava Flame Wheel via battling, then travel back to Ecruteak. While at the Lake, I caught a Pidgeotto to Fly me around whenever I please.
    After killing the gym, Itaught Pete Shadow Ball, plowed over some more trainers, then went to Olivine. I got Strength, taught it to Pete as well. Went fishing for a slave, snagged a chinchou. I then killed everyone in the lighthouse, then saved and shut off.

Pokemon:
    Pete(Aipom)- lvl 34
    Shadow Ball
    ThunderPunch
    Ice Punch
    Strength

Repete(Quilava)-lvl 34
    Flame Wheel
    Headbutt
    Quick Attack
    Dig

HM SLAVES:
    Pidgeotto- lvl 16: Fly
    Bellsprou- lvl 7: Cut, Flash
    Sudowoodo- lvl 20: Rock Smash
    Chinchou- lvl 20: Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall

EDIT: I forgot to mention: That Odd egg I picked up at the Day Care hatched a tyrogue. Too bad it wasn't a shiny(50% chance of the Odd Egg hatching a Shiny).

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • I havn't advanced too much. I'll do another log when I catch Heracross.

Speaking of which, can Heracross be caught during the day? For some reason I thought it could only be caught at night. XP

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Just a lurker...but you can catch him at either time of the day.

-flees-

Hope no one eats me for answering. D:

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • I think you have got it right, SilverSmeargleSplatter.

I am going to start working on my pokedex, now that I have "completed" this challenge.
    ACk, I wanted to fight red again.... He disappeared...

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I'll join this =]
    Trainer Name: Magick
    Version: Silver (GBC)
    Pokemon: Chikorita / Heracross

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I feel so slow :(. Anyway, congratulations to Atlas and darkshiek for finishing!!! *applause*. Hopefully I can finish at least 10th XD!

My last update came from Violet, so here is where I is now!:
    -Trained Electro to 17, then entered Union Cave
    -Pyro made it through easy enough, only losing about 20 HP
    -Beat the Rockets in Slowpoke Well
    -Got Lure Ball from Kurt; gave him a Wht Apricorn that I should be able to pick up today
    -Trained Pyro to 20 and Electro to 19
    -Faced Bugsy without Healing or Saving (again) and easily beat him and his Buggedness
    -Just took on my rival (Khan) and won handily with Electro
    -Chased down that annoying bird and received HM 01-Cut
    -Was forced to teach it to Pyro... :(
    -Made my way through Ilex Forest;easy
    -While in Goldenrod, I bought Thunderpunch and Fire Punch for later use ^.^
    -Cleaned out the Underground and picked up the Coin Case... because under-aged gambling is "fun"
    -Went into Whitney's Gym and easily took on all of the trainers... winning each time
    -Then, it was time to face Whitney.

I started off with Electro, to try and save Pyro for the Miltank. Clefairy's first move (and ONLY move... >.<) was Metronome. Normally, I love seeing what crazy moves Metronome gives, the case was the same here. The first Metro was Acid Armor (Def Up), the second was Amnesia (Sp. Def Up), and she got a third in (Thanks to Amnesia >.<) which was Rage. Easily took it down >D!

Next was the dreaded Miltank. I believe I got REALLY lucky on the first move when Ember burned it! Yay! The next few turns were simple, use Ember/Quick Attack and STAY ALIVE! That strategy worked well, as I easily won the match!

-Won the Plainbadge and TM 45 (Attract)
    -Made my way up to Sudowoodo
    -Caught it for use for Strength
    -Went back to New Bark to catch a Sentret for Cut/Surf

Team:
    Pyro (Quilava) L: 30
    -Tackle
    -Quick Attack
    -Cut
    -Ember

Electro (Flaafy) L: 28
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Thundershock
    -Thunder Wave

HM slaves: Sentret L: 2 (Cut/Surf), Spearow L: 10 (Fly)

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Update. May not make it much further today because I'll be a bit busy, but at least I'm working on it.

Trainer Name: Jax
    Version: Silver
    Pokemon: Cyndaquil/Sentret

After reaching Olivine, I caught a Raticate and a Krabby because I really didn't want Masaki to be an HM junkie (as apt as that would be). Then, I hit the lighthouse, trained Mayumi and Masaki up for a bit, and hit the ocean.

At night.

Which means I realized why I don't like the GSC day/night system. Oh, it's great. Except I can't see anything if I'm Surfing. Great job, Nintendo. Make the rocks flickering and the water near black. That's great.

In any case, somehow managed to get to Cianwood (after nearly killing both my Pokemon in the process -- luckily I had a Revive for Masaki), got the Secretpotion, and hit the Gym.

Chuck wasn't so bad. Primeape went down in a pair of Flame Wheels. I was aiming for another burn, but whatever.

Switched Masaki in after that to give Mayumi a rest (and because Poliwrath would probably kill her). He attempted to use Dig the first time, leaving Hypnosis to miss and taking out only a small bit of HP. When he came up, Poliwrath used Lock-On. Figuring I could get it to miss by having Masaki Dig again, I had him go down.

So, apparently, I forgot that Lock-On ignores things like Dig. Wow. Next move was give Masaki an Awakening or he'd die, and luckily, Dynamicpunch missed. Praying to all things good and holy it would miss again but I would hit Poliwrath, I had Masaki use Slam. And lo and behold, Poliwrath gets knocked down to only a small bit of HP left, and Dynamicpunch misses for a second time. The tadpole was finished off with a Quick Attack. Stormbadge get!

Although I have Fly and some sucker's Spearow (You know, the one you should be delivering to some guy near Violet.), I'm going to head back by Surfing. Masaki and Mayumi need a bit more training before hitting Jasmine and her WTFSteelix.

Team

Mayumi (Quilava) L: 35
    - Quick Attack
    - Tackle
    - Smokescreen
    - Flame Wheel

Masaki (Furret) L: 34
    - Dig
    - Fury Cutter
    - Slam
    - Quick Attack

HM Slaves

Paras: Cut
    Raticate: Strength
    Krabby: Surf

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Finally got started with this!

UPDATE

Trainer Name: Nick

Badges: 1

Pokedex: 1

Time: 1:10

Version: Gold

Team:

Totodile Level 16
    Stats: HP 48/ ATK 28/ DEF 28/ SP.ATK 21/ SP.DEF 22/ SPD 21
    Attacks:
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -Rage
    -Water Gun

Newbark Town+ Newbark Town--> Mr. Pokemon's

I headed up to the lab, and picked up my femal Totodile, didn't give her a nick, 'cause I'm like that. Well that little Totodile got me to Mr. Pokemon's and back easily, completely spammed Scratch. And when I finally met my rival, named Tom, my Totodile was level 9 and completely destroyed his Chikorita!

Newbark Town--> Violet City

Finally battling some trainers my Totodile leveled up easily on our way to Violet. And that final Bugcatcher leveled her up to level 13!

Violet City

After quickly healing up Totodile, I headed to the Sprout Tower, which is barely worth mentioning. By spamming Scratch the entire way, and getting Flash, yay!?... But I did level up my Totodile to level 15! Then I went into the Gym and crushed Falkner's trainers with a bunch of Scratches, yet again.... Falkner was slightly harder, but not horribly so, the only difference was I had to use a Potion during our battle. And I came out with both the ZEPHYRBADGE, and my Totodile at level 16, almost level 17... so close!! After my gym battle, I headed to the Pokemon Center, and picked up the useless Egg, which will hatch to the equally useless Togepi!

Then I saved and shut off the game, prepared to head to Azalea, and catch my Mareep.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2019
    I'll join this challenge:

Trainer name: Tim
    Version: Crystal
    Pokemon: Chikorita/Zubat

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    So, do you know if someone gets a prize yet? Also, does red go away for ever? Or just a day or so?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I don't have an idea for a prize yet. :/

Red should come back after you beat the Elite 4 a second time.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • UPDATE TIME!!!
    I Surfed over to Cianwood, beat up eusine, then challenged Chuck. While battling Gym Trainers, Repete evolved into Typhlosion!!! YAY!!
    Chuck's Primeape Flinched from a Headbutt, then died from a Flame Wheel. I sent out Pete to take care of Poliwrath with 4 Thunder Punches. Stormbadge obtained!
    Flew back to Olivine, then gave Jasmine SecretPotion. To prepare for battle, I taught Pete DynamicPunch(Only to change it back to Ice Punch after beating Jasmine!)
    After Repete killed off the Magnemites, Pete used Dynamicpunch 3 times, and all 3 times it connected, knocking out the big iron snake.
    I flew to Mahogany, caught Gyarados, then I went with Lance to clobber Team Rocket. Then taught Chinchou Whirlpool. I headed to Mount Mortar to train, then saved and shut off.

Pokemon:
    Repete: Typhlosion-Lvl39
    Iron Tail
    Headbutt
    FlameWheel
    Dig

Pete: Aipom-Lvl40
    Ice Punch
    Strength
    ThunderPunch
    ShadowBall

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • I don't have an idea for a prize yet. :/

Red should come back after you beat the Elite 4 a second time.
    Yay, time to rock their socks.

I have never found Take Down to be as usefull as it is now. Defeating Bruno with nothing but Take Down drops the hp of Heracross to a point where he can use reversal to its full effect.

Taking out flying dragons with a fighting style move, priceless.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Updating my progress on raising Mufasa to solo red standards, he beat Koga and Will without a scratch. And Bruno. And the freaky dark lady. But not lance :(. Because he ran out of PP on the last Dragonite. Went back to red. Showed his pikachu an uber flamethrower. Beat Espeon still with no damage. Blastoise knocked out Mufasa with a single surf, and some rain, and some dancing. Useless Revived Mufasa and finished off Blastoise. Beat snorlax with 2 dynamic punches (missed one in between though), Charizard went down to the tune of Thunder Punch, and Venasaur once again, died before using Solar Beam. Pff, Noob.

2 tries later, with Mufasa only at level 75 (he leveled up during the battle though), he nearly went through red without getting hurt, unfortunately, Charizard got a single wing attack, so I thunder Punched him, in the face, again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Eh, another update thing.

-Easily took on Morty with Pyro and won. Electro got knocked out by Gengar thanks to Hypnosis, Dream Eater, and the fact that when he falls asleep, it's for the whole 5 turns!
    -Fogbadge obtained + TM 30 (Shadow Ball)
    -Defeated Khan with ease in the Burned Tower
    -Electro evolved!! It learned Thunder Punch, then I taught it Fire Punch
    -Made my way down to Olivine, tanking Pyro along the way
    -Obtained HM 04 (Strength) from that one sailor dude...
    -Surfed across the Ocean to Cianwood. Only facing like 5 Swimmers :/
    -Got the Secretpotion from that one guy
    -Beat Chuck with minor difficulties. No need to heal though
    -Obtained HM 02 (Fly)
    -Flew back to Olivine to give Jasmine the Secretpotion
    -Took on the Gym and won with about 4 Flame Wheels to the FACE!
    -Obtained the Mineralbadge and TM 23 (Iron Tail). That makes 4 Badges today :D!!!
    -Pyro evolved... finally.

Team:
    Pyro (Typhlosion) L: 36
    -Flame Wheel
    -Quick Attack
    -Cut (Ugh...)
    -Thunder Punch

Electro (Ampharos) L: 35
    -Fire Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    -Thundershock
    -Thunder Wave

HM Slaves: Sudowoodo L: 20 (Strength), Sentret L: 2 (Cut, Surf), Spearow L: 10 (Fly)

It's really hard to focus on moves when there's a whole bunch of letters mushed together >(!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Second Update...

Well, I haven't been on for two days...
    Anyways, I just defeated the 4th gym. I breezed through Bugsy using my Blaze, Whitney wasn't hard with Poisonpowder in my Venus' arsenal, and Morty was quite hard, but I got still through.

Venus evolved to Weepinbell when I was training for the 3rd gym. I also saw Raikou at Route 31, too bad I couldn't catch it (for the Pokedex).

My Party:
    Blaze Lvl 32 (Quilava) @ Charcoal
    Flame Wheel
    Quick Attack
    Ember
    Smokescreen

Venus Lvl 25 (Weepinbell) @ Quick Claw
    Vine Whip
    Acid
    Poisonpowder
    Sleep Powder

Hm Slaves:
    Paras Lvl 6 Cut, Flash
    Sudowoodo Lvl 20 About to teach it Strenth and Rock Smash
    Pidgeotto Lvl 15 About to be Fly
    Sentret Lvl 3 Surf

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Well, just started a bit today, so this isn't a HUGE update or anything.

-Walked back to Ecruteak then swam to Mahogany
    -Went up to the Lake of Rage and killed the Gyarados, which triggered the Rocket side quest
    -Kicked the Rockets out of their hideout
    -Lance gave me HM 06 (Whirlpool)
    -Wiped out Pryce with Pyro and Thunder Punch :)
    -Obtained the Glacierbadge (only 9 to go!) and TM 16 (Icy Wind)
    -Made it through the first half of the Rocket Tower thing...
    -Creamed Khan in the Underground
    -Finally got rid of the Rocket menace... now it's time to go to Blackthorn and defeat Claire!
    -While exiting the Radio Tower, I picked up a Radio Card for my Pokegear; I forgot to earlier -.-
    -Got through Ice Path with no problems
    -Finally got Cut off of Pyro
    -Defeated Claire... but I have to chase her for the dang Badge >(! And now that she gave me the badge... that makes 8! Now onto the Elite Four (after a bit of training) and Kanto!

Team:
    Pyro (Typhlosion) L: 46
    -Flame Wheel
    -Quick Attack
    -Thunder Punch
    -NONE!

Electro (Ampharos) L: 46
    -Fire Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    -Thundershock
    -Thunder Wave

HM Slaves: Sudowoodo L: 20 (Strength), Spearow L: 10 (Fly), Sentret L: 2 (Cut, Surf), Tentacool L: 20 (Whirlpool)

Last edited:

LawlRly

Spelunker Extraordinaire
    Years
  • MY GOD I AM SO FAR BEHIND.

I just killed Whitney, so... :x That's practically my only update.
    I'm a bit worried I'm not going to be able to finish this (and/or finish last) because I think I'm like the only person here not using a VBA. And you guys have the speed option.. curses.

My back is killing me... but that's besides the point.

Back