• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G/S Remake for Special? Should it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Yes like the Battle Froniter Pokemon was being controlled, however the Pokemon will do something more drastic such as the Pokemon may be the army of the evil antagonist and will reeking havoc towns and cities or even worse the evil antagonist find a way to time travel and the brainwashed Pokemon from the Safari Zone reek havoc on ancient town and cities which could have some affect on the present-day time. The people would think that they are under a curse and would try to find a scapegoat. If it is dimension travel they could go to a two-dimensional world, a three-dimensional world, a reality world, or another animated world and the Pokemon reek havoc on those world and the people in those world would come to believe that Pokemon are sinster creatures that must be destroyed at all cost.
    You know, I hate to reference back to the anime, but I think that in the...7th? 8th? Movie, there was a past scene where Pokemon were used as war weapons. That could be an idea (Not completely the same, of course, I just thought Pokemon warfare might be interesting to see.). And as for the scapegoat, maybe one of the Dex Holders could be a resemblance of someone in the past and...Get...Chosen as a scapegoat. >.> Maybe Silver? (I don't dislike Silver, I just think he might be the best type for a scapegoat. *Shot by Silver fangirls*)
    Okay then let's say that Cynthia did went to Johto because she discover some Pokemon bones it would be one of the Pokemon of myths bones which are not quit considered Legnedary Pokemon such as the pseudo-lengendary dragons, Gyarados, Milotic, or Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss.
    Or Arcanine? ( I TOTALLY did not think of Crystal when I said that.)
    Yes it would be I am hoping that they include the Regis and explain how they were found in both Hoenn and Sinnoh.
    I always just thought that someone like Brandon went excavating, found them, and captured them. Or it could have been Roark or somebody like that, dunno.

Yes that does bring up some questions of it own and I wonder which Dragon would the writers of this choose in the HGSS arc for to raise? Though that is probably something that we will not know until it is shown in the arc if the writers decide to use that as a plot device.
    I can't exactly imagine Gold (or Green) trying to raise a miniature Dragon, for some reason. Something that all powerful (and previously used in plot, I am going to assume *Stares at D/P and Platinum arcs*) shouldn't be given to teenagers. Or adults, at this point, whichever. Maybe this whole summoning act could be a kind of Legendary meet? I wish...

Well I know that we mentioned earlier that the Notched-Ear Pichu would be from the past so what if she went to the future which it is the present time and the Pikachu-Colored Pichu is want attracted her attention she battle PCP and when he defeated her she decides to join the group. Though since Pokemon cannot speak any human language no one will know what she is saying unless the NEP could have Psychic powers and can communicate telepathically or if someone could read her thoughts such as Yellow.
    Well, I gave a reason why I don't think Yellow would return before. But the NEP could have a better use in Pokespe, I'll give it that.
    If our theories are right maybe completing the Unown dex in its entity along with Arceus and one of the Dragon Trios could open some kind of gateway to time and/or dimension traveling.
    I AM LOCKING THIS SUBJECT AWAY UNTIL THE RELEASE OF THE HG/SS GAMES AND/OR THE START OF THE HG/SS ARC. *Takes key, locks the subject, then eats the key*
    RubyJB88 said:
    That's the place in the Sevii Islands in FRLG where you can get all the Unown
    *Facepalm* No wonder I don't know about it. I never finished that area. Wait, then why didn't they show it in the FR/LG arc? Hmm...

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    *Facepalm* No wonder I don't know about it. I never finished that area. Wait, then why didn't they show it in the FR/LG arc? Hmm...

Don't worry, I never finished the Sevii Island quests. But good question. Perhaps it's a plot hole waiting to be filled? ;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    You know, I hate to reference back to the anime, but I think that in the...7th? 8th? Movie, there was a past scene where Pokemon were used as war weapons. That could be an idea (Not completely the same, of course, I just thought Pokemon warfare might be interesting to see.). And as for the scapegoat, maybe one of the Dex Holders could be a resemblance of someone in the past and...Get...Chosen as a scapegoat. >.> Maybe Silver? (I don't dislike Silver, I just think he might be the best type for a scapegoat. *Shot by Silver fangirls*)
    I do not dislike Silver either but what if Silver had an ancestor that was bandit and resemble him and the people of the past thinking that Silver is his ancestor and tries to persecute him and that could also meaning trouble for Gold and Crystal if they are with him.

Or Arcanine? ( I TOTALLY did not think of Crystal when I said that.)
    You just gave me an idea what if those theorized bones that Cynthia found are some how related to Crystal's Arcanine in someway.

I always just thought that someone like Brandon went excavating, found them, and captured them. Or it could have been Roark or somebody like that, dunno.
    I thought that Brandon did capture them because he was shown battling with Emerald in the Emerald arc.

I can't exactly imagine Gold (or Green) trying to raise a miniature Dragon, for some reason. Something that all powerful (and previously used in plot, I am going to assume *Stares at D/P and Platinum arcs*) shouldn't be given to teenagers. Or adults, at this point, whichever. Maybe this whole summoning act could be a kind of Legendary meet? I wish...
    Well we willl never know until we see it though I can imagine raising a Dragon is very difficult to say the least.

Well, I gave a reason why I don't think Yellow would return before. But the NEP could have a better use in Pokespe, I'll give it that.
    It does not have to be Yellow just someone who can read Pokemon thoughts.

I AM LOCKING THIS SUBJECT AWAY UNTIL THE RELEASE OF THE HG/SS GAMES AND/OR THE START OF THE HG/SS ARC. *Takes key, locks the subject, then eats the key*
    All right we will not discuss it at the current moment.

Speaking of that it was said that Suicine subplot is going to be extended and I was wonder if the Tanoby Ruins on the Sevii Islands would be related to it in someway. It is also said that Eusine story from Pokemon Crystal will be expanded meaning that he might get some kind of supportive character role in the HGSS arc just like Cynthia probably would. If so I wonder how those two would get along though sense they have not interacted with each other at least not as we know of?

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Years
    Don't worry, I never finished the Sevii Island quests. But good question. Perhaps it's a plot hole waiting to be filled? ;)
    Perhaps...Like MewTwo?
    I do not dislike Silver either but what if Silver had an ancestor that was bandit and resemble him and the people of the past thinking that Silver is his ancestor and tries to persecute him and that could also meaning trouble for Gold and Crystal if they are with him.
    Yeah, his ancestor with red hair. XD And Silver might feel guilty and try to sacrifice himself to save his friends...I just know I'm going to get- *Shot by fangirls* Yep, there it is.
    You just gave me an idea what if those theorized bones that Cynthia found are some how related to Crystal's Arcanine in someway.
    ...Really? Idk...I don't think Crys' Arcanine is THAT old...

I thought that Brandon did capture them because he was shown battling with Emerald in the Emerald arc.
    Oh yeah...So maybe they were found in Johto...Or...They were transferred to Hoenn?
    Well we willl never know until we see it though I can imagine raising a Dragon is very difficult to say the least.
    Heh. Although mind you, I think it'd be pretty amusing to see how Gold would fair in trying to deal with a baby Dragon...

It does not have to be Yellow just someone who can read Pokemon thoughts.
    ...Lance? OH COME ON, there's no way they'd leave him out of a remake arc, no way!! (And I would be sad if they did. >.>) What happened to him after G/S/C anyway?

Speaking of that it was said that Suicine subplot is going to be extended and I was wonder if the Tanoby Ruins on the Sevii Islands would be related to it in someway. It is also said that Eusine story from Pokemon Crystal will be expanded meaning that he might get some kind of supportive character role in the HGSS arc just like Cynthia probably would. If so I wonder how those two would get along though sense they have not interacted with each other at least not as we know of?
    YOU JUST GAVE ME A NEW CRACK PAIRING. CynthiaxEusine=Trackershipping. *Shot repeatedly*

Getting serious, they both track legendary Pokemon (Eusine tracks Suicune, and Cynthia tracks down the Legendaries and TG in the games), so maybe they would. You'd think Eusine would know more about Johto's legendaries then Cynthia would.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Perhaps...Like MewTwo?

Yeah, his ancestor with red hair. XD And Silver might feel guilty and try to sacrifice himself to save his friends...I just know I'm going to get- *Shot by fangirls* Yep, there it is.
    That could somehow tie into the heart and soul concept that is associated with Gold and Silver respetively. It is known that the soul pertains to a person emotional and moral nature though heart deals with the soruce of emotional life as well as an individual vital character. So Silver attemps to sarcrifice himself that meaning could be incoporated and Gold tries to convinces him not to.

...Really? Idk...I don't think Crys' Arcanine is THAT old...
    I wonder what is an average Arcanine life spand or are they immortal. Anyway Crystal Arcanine could have still have some connection to the theorized Arcanine bones whether he live during the period before Ruins of Alpha came ruins such as the Arcanine could have belong tribe of Arcanine in which he descendant from.

Oh yeah...So maybe they were found in Johto...Or...They were transferred to Hoenn?

Heh. Although mind you, I think it'd be pretty amusing to see how Gold would fair in trying to deal with a baby Dragon...

I wonder if the there will be ruins in Johto in the HGSS games located somewhere in Johto were the Regis are seen since they have almost all of the legendaries being in Johto. I heard the news about Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos being in HGSS as well. This make me think that their is a possibility legendary Pokemon reunion is going to take place in the HGSS arc though it most likely would be taking in the arc somewhere. Though how could Jirachi be in it if it has gone to sleep for a thousand years unless this reunion is going to take place 1000, 2000 years, etc. in the past.
    ...Lance? OH COME ON, there's no way they'd leave him out of a remake arc, no way!! (And I would be sad if they did. >.>) What happened to him after G/S/C anyway?
    That is a good idea Lance could be the one that reads the Notched-Ear Pichu thoughts and I agree that they should bring Lance back because he like some other character have not be seen since the GSC arc.

YOU JUST GAVE ME A NEW CRACK PAIRING. CynthiaxEusine=Trackershipping. *Shot repeatedly*

Getting serious, they both track legendary Pokemon (Eusine tracks Suicune, and Cynthia tracks down the Legendaries and TG in the games), so maybe they would. You'd think Eusine would know more about Johto's legendaries then Cynthia would.
    I like the idea of that shipping. Though I just thought what if Cynthia and Eusine actual met each other a long time ago in some sort of Pokemon school academic though it is unknown by us readers. Though it could be mention and hinted in the games as well though.

Last edited:

Clover Cat

Years
    HG/SS NEWS LEAKS!!!

NEW SPRITES!!!

RETURNS OF OLD LEGENDARIES!!!!

UPDATED AREAS!!!!!

And, most importantly...NEWS THAT THE HG/SS ARC WILL BE IN THE WORKS!!!!!!! *Insert major fangirling here* People, discussions, discussions!! THERE'S SO MUCH TO TALK ABOUT!!! WHY AM I TYPING IN ALL CAPS? *Shot*

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    No suprise that the new arc is coming. ;) Now it's just a question of what will be in it and when will it come out.

The Pokemon sprites look different. A little off if you ask me. :/ But everything else looks excellent.

Clover Cat

Years
    RubyJB88 said:
    No suprise that the new arc is coming. ;) Now it's just a question of what will be in it and when will it come out.

The Pokemon sprites look different. A little off if you ask me. :/ But everything else looks excellent.

Really? The Pokemon ones do? I was more impacted by the Leader/Trainer/Elite sprites. SPEAKING of which...

GIOVANNI IS BACK. And not just him. There's now a Gold & Silver vs. Clair & Lance double battle, Wake from Sinnoh is here, and Steven Stone from Hoenn is also present. I can't wait to see all this in Pokespe, it'll be SO. EPIC. 8DD

But there are two things that worry me. The first is that the BF from Sinnoh is completely unchanged, including the Brains. Building wise, this probably wouldn't have been that important, but if the Brains are still the same, how's Pokespe going to deal with it? Maybe I could understand Palmer, but still...He has a family back in Sinnoh. How's the manga going to be able to explain the Brains being in two places at once?

The second thing is what I view to be slightly more important: Pryce. He's still the Mahogany Gym Leader, albeit with a slightly revamped look. But in Pokespe, he's gone, dead, nada, zip. Or at least he vanished into the voids of time. They can't just ignore it, because he IS a gym leader, but how can they bring him back? Or rather, would they bring him back? Because the game is now doing what happened in the manga. TIME TRAVELLING. With Serebii, and with both the main character and the supporting character delving into the rival's past. Now THERE'S a plot in the making.

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    My, clover, you're quite enthusiastic over the HGSS manga ;)

Quite a lot of outsiders visiting the older regions, I must say. Whether this will be addressed in Special or not is up to Kusaka.

Giovanni's back? Hm, interesting. Even if he didn't reappear in HGSS, he still needs to reappear in Special. I forgot, is he dead or something?

About Pryce, there's a chance that they might pull him out of the time vortex thingie. Time travel seems to be frequently addressed now, with Celebi and Dialga leading the way (speaking of, how long is it until we actually see Palkia and Dialga in DPP?).

I'm not exactly the best when it comes to theories, so I'm planning to sit back and watch read the show manga.

I am hoping, however, that the older Pokedex holders finally get a break after the HGSS manga. If they're in their late thirties and they still have to save the world-*headdesk* I like them, but they have to be laid off sometime.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    Really? The Pokemon ones do?

Yeah, their angle looks different. :/

With Serebii, and with both the main character and the supporting character delving into the rival's past.

Heh, you mean Celebi. ;)

As for the Battle Frontier and Pryce, I'm sure there's a way the writers will work around that.

TheSystemIsDown said:
    I forgot, is he dead or something?

I believe he's ill. His time with TR is almost over.

Clover Cat

Years
    TheSystemIsDown said:
    My, clover, you're quite enthusiastic over the HGSS manga
    What gave it away? The fangirling or the screaming or the hyper speculating? XD

As for my theories...Lol, I'm just going to copy and paste them from what I've already said (yeah, lazy, I know):

At the end of GSC, they do get sent back more than three years, because it was when Pryce was young and when Glacier had just been born. Unless you're trying to say that Pryce aged very quickly because of mental shock, but the Daycare Couple, Oak, Agatha, and Kurt all prove that more than that much time has passed. To heck with it, Green probably wasn't born back when Pryce lost his Lapras.

Sunny's theory sounds good. Maybe some other villain (*side glances at Sird*) finds out what happened in the time vortex and tries to alter what happened three years ago. I think that, if they do succeed to a certain point, it could be a liable excuse in bringing Pryce back. If Pryce is still the Mahogany Leader, Pokespe can't just ignore that gap. So, if Pryce was saved by some...outer force (*again looks at Sird and the warped space behind her in Emerald*), he could still be alive, but the Dex Holders don't know it. The main problem with this is that his heart melted, so I don't think he'd be a villain any more...

Besides, Gold should hurry up and explain what happened in the vortex afterward. 8D Serebii has to have something to do with it, and seeing as time and space go hand in hand--ARGH, no, I brought the concept back when I locked it away! >.< *Clutches at head*

AND I JUST SAW SOMETHING UTTERLY SHOCKING. Or at least mildly surprising. Apparently, the NE Pichu does serve a purpose in this game; it seems you can find out it's backstory if you take it to Professor Elm. That backstory being that...

THE NE PICHU WAS EFFECTED BY TIME TRAVEL.

O.o What? WHAT!?

Okay, let me get this straight. The NE Pichu time travelled with Celebi, which is how it came to be in Ilex forest. This is also why it won't evolve and why you can't trade it to other games. And who came up with this explanation? Why, Professor Oak, of course!

OMGAAAAAH. That must mean that Oak begins to research time travel extensively in HG/SS, right? And that would mean the NE Pichu appears, right? And then, and then...MAYBE WE COULD FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO GOLD IN THE TIMESTREAM. Oh Mew, with this and Silver's time travel backstory, I'm sensing some very epic moments in the coming arc. Not that we didn't know that already. XD

So there's what I think on Pryce as well as the NE Pichu. Yeah, time travel really is starting to become a major point in the games, isn't it? But it just means more epic plots in the manga, so I don't mind~ <3

RubyJB88 said:
    I believe he's ill. His time with TR is almost over.
    You know, that cave where he's supposedly in exile in the games...Isn't that a lot like what Silver's hideout could be where he took him in the manga? But either way, I don't want him to die. D8 We still haven't seen a father/son confrontation! It would be so touching.
    Yeah, their angle looks different. :/

Eh, I don't see any difference. Oh well.

Heh, you mean Celebi. ;)
    Thanks for the catch. ^^

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
    You know, that cave where he's supposedly in exile in the games...Isn't that a lot like what Silver's hideout could be where he took him in the manga? But either way, I don't want him to die. D8 We still haven't seen a father/son confrontation! It would be so touching.

Could be. And no, I don't want him to die either. Well...since Ruby's dad did *die* but came back to life, I wouldn't be shocked or really upset if Gio did. :/

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I liked to have a father son proper reunion too ^^ not one were one or the othe is knocked out or asleep or whatever ^^

Years
    Dang, this thread is the only active one here? XD

Anyways, we still need to finish the DPP arc no? Sird is still on the loose and we don't know what happens to Team Galactic yet.

But yeah, wonder how the Father-Son relationship is going. XDDDD

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    wow...

the fact that you guys are looking forward to the HGSS arc, and i haven't started DP makes me feel... sad T_T

anyways, i don't think that they necessarily need to bring Pryce back, since after all, on the FRLG arc they only passed the 'extra' part of Sevii Islands, which means there is no point for the other Gym Leaders to really even be mentioned o_0

must... read... PokéSpe!!!

manhattan

missing in action
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2014
    (What I'm really afraid of is that they switch Crystal for doubtfullooking!Crystal. Aka Soul.)

But yes, Palkia, Dialga and Giratina have opened the door for the return of Celebi and even Pryce. And time traveling is effing awesome, and stuff.

My fingers are crossed, they just can't kill off the greatest, evilest bastard alive. Giovanni is freaking immortal, man! If he dies, I'll be like "AH, F@CK!" because he's really awesome like that.

About Sird (or Storc, whichever) -- I kind of think she's going to be Jupiter. Albeit I saw Jupiter as a comic-relief type of villain, while Sird is just flat-out epically vicious. But, whatever, I'm not looking as forward to the end of DPP arc (because I pretty much miss the gang) as I am to the begining of the HGSS.

(Call me old-fashioned, but I think DPP games weren't as good as all the others -- I found the plot lacking.
    )

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
    If you ask me, Crys' part will be down played a little but she definitely won't be "replaced". Her role in Emerald was decent even though she was hardly a Gen III character, so there's no question it'll be stronger than that.

I do think that Kotone will be introduced though, possibly with the name Heart or Soul, as she has no colour to name her after, that would be a first wouldn't it?

What does worry me is if they decide to make her Crys, as in make Crys change her costume to match Kotone's, or if they don't put Kotone in at all...
    Surely it wouldn't go so against their usual naming habits that they can't even make a new character?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back