• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Galar Region First Impressions

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Spoiler:

What are your first impressions of this new region? I think it looks awesome! Snowy north, lots of British motifs and themes... I'm honestly super hype!

Last edited by a moderator:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Keen for a British-inspired region! The snow looked so gorgeous. They made a point of emphasising "industry", so I wonder how that will come to play.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I love all the starters in particular Sobble; But we will see as the final starters get revealed!
    I am excited!

EDIT: Since it's about the region in this thread; I love the snow and the gems tunnel thing! The large backpack made me chuckle.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Very impressed. This is the first time I've watched a Pokemon reveal and not had any nitpicks. Very happy!

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2019
    Looks Awesome to me. Any idea on what kind of game play this might have? i got to work right when it started so i missed some of it. Single player or any MMO/Multiplayer aspects to the new game?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ah, so I wasn't the only one who got a UK vibe from what they showed us of the Galar region.

Hopefully it'll be bigger than Alola was.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Looking at the map properly now, it does seem to start off quite linear (south to north) but then branch off into a few different paths about 2/3 of the way up which looks quite exciting. Interestingly enough it doesn't seem like there's any clouds etc obscuring any of the map, which is unusual

Years
  • I was thinking either Britain or Germany from aesthetics but the island vibe of the region confirms Britain I guess. Actually it looks more like Westeros to me haha, it has a wall and everything!

Last edited:

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I'm very excited for this new Galar region. From the trailer it seems very steampunk or industrial so I'm expecting a lot of Steel types and for that to play heavily into the story.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Looks great. It feels like they put all the islands of the UK into one long map lol, I dig it though. It's definitely seems to be the most linear looking map we've had to date.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • Looks very nice, though the artwork makes me fear it's going to be very linear, but if it's fully explorable and not limited in linear routes it will likely be far larger than any other region so far. Also, I hope there's going to be caves and paths not related to the main storyline in all those mountains.

Years
  • Given that they made an entire city based on Paris I'm kind of surprised London is nowhere to be seen... but then Kalos was only half of France and it looks like the southern most part of Britain is cut off. I mean I don't really care that much since I have no loyalty to London but it just really surprises me that south England is the part they cut out since that is where our capital is.

...Unless Galar is Britain but rotated by 180 degrees like how Hoenn is Kyushu but rotated by 90 degrees. That looks like Big Ben in a city in the far north on the western side.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Given that they made an entire city based on Paris I'm kind of surprised London is nowhere to be seen... but then Kalos was only half of France and it looks like the southern most part of Britain is cut off. I mean I don't really care that much since I have no loyalty to London but it just really surprises me that south England is the part they cut out since that is where our capital is.

...Unless Galar is Britain but rotated by 180 degrees like how Hoenn is Kyushu but rotated by 90 degrees. That looks like Big Ben in a city in the far north on the western side.

Just seems to me that they took pieces of London and scattered it across the various cities in the region.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • So far it looks gorgeous! I like the overall European/UK-like theming on the region. The grass, the mountains, library, the lake and everything looks nice.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    It looks beautiful and the starters are adorable, but the very North-South disposition of the map makes me fear yet another linear adventure where you kind of always know which town to go to and in what order. I'd love a gen 1 Kanto-style "open" game

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Because London is the only city in the UK with that kind of aesthetic...

What's with the attitude man? I'm just giving you my opinion lol. You got a couple cities with big clock towers. The one in the middle kind of reminds me of the parliament building. The city all the way at the top has the big ferris wheell. So yeah, it just seems to me they took pieces and scattered it around.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It looks freaking amazing! And I am so so glad that it is a colder region instead of another spring/tropical/summer region. And the scenery is amazing, especially the water. I cannot wait for this games just to explore.

Last edited:
    Back