• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gale of Darkness Question

Super Smash Kid

StraightEdge Member
Years
  • I think people say say it's Espeon, but I think it is Umbreon, cuz he's got good defense, and sp def, and can learn psychic. While Espeon has weaker defense and sp def.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Depends what else you use on your team. One can't really compare them anyway, as they do different things - e.g. Espeon is a fast Special Attacker/passer, while Umbreon is a Wall. Depends how you use them and all.
    Vaperon is ok, but gets Water Gun as the best water move (no surf TM), until Hydro Pump... Fleareon suffers a tad for high attack but lack of attacking moves (but some nice specials... ?), Jolteon good for helping to catch (Thunderwave) for the others.

So, it doesn't matter, as long as you don't repeat similar Pokemon and/or weaknesses in your team.

jess1029384756

Trainer in Process
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2009
    It also depends on your opponent's pokemon. If the opponents use fire types mainly, vaporeon's the best. Otherwise, there's no difference.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    I went for Vaporeon. Also, when you get Shroomish, use it. It gets Spore, which will make it so much easier to catch Shadows.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I like using Jolteon. He's fast, powerful, and has Thunder Wave which works on a good variety of Shadow Pokemon to ease capture. Plus he's spiky:) I usually have a high defense Pokemon (Dusclops) to switch into if his poor defense becomes a liability.

Years
  • Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness has the following available for the same types as Eeveelutions.

9 Fire
    10 Water
    6 Electric
    8 Psychic
    3 Dark

Any Pokémon with two types that both fit into this catagory, such as Sharpedo, are only counted once. Even if I counted them all for their other types, Dark would still have the least. Therefore, I say go with Umbreon.

And no, I did not spell "catagory" correctly.

King_Lucario

An eternal struggle...
    Years
  • I would say Espeon is the better one of the two. Umbreon is good as a tank; it does not have sufficient Attack or Sp. Atk to really take out an opponent. It is true Espeon is the weaker one when it comes to Defense and Sp. Defense, but it makes up for it with Speed and Sp. Attack. Both Espeon and Umbreon can learn Psychic, but Espeon has better healing capabilities, making it a threat in battles. I started the game with Espeon and had few problems with it. The only problem was that my Espeon was undertrained at times and often loss, but after I trained it enough it could take out a whole team alongside my Flygon.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • It's really your opinion but:
    Vaporeon: Quite a good pokemon and learns hydro pump I think?
    Jolteon: Can beat the birds quite well at the end and a good all-rounder.
    Flareon: Learns quite good moves and thereb are quite a lot of grass pokemon.
    Espeon: A decent and good-looking pokemon with decent attacks.
    Umbreon: Similar to Espeon.

I personally chose Espeon but it's your choice ;) XD

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • In XD, you pretty much go all-out attack. For that, Jolteon and Espeon are the best. Umbreon and Vaporeon aren't as useful as they are on the competitive scene perhaps. Jolteon grants you a lot of speed and a STAB Thunderbolt that lays a hurting on so many things. It's probably your best bet, and Espeon is good too.

I would try and avoid Flareon to be honest. It's slow and can't take a physical hit.

Back