• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gallery] GibbyGibson's Random Gallery

Years
  • I don't have many examples of works that I have done that are Pokémon related. Being a graphic designer, I have many works that are for other clients, personal stuff like websites and posters, and friends and family. But I don't think those kinds of things are worth posting here since most people want to see something they can use. So everything I will post here will be stuff that you as a user can use for yourself anywhere at anytime. There is no need to say if you are using something unless you want to.

So I will start with a few simple animated .gif files I made of various Pokémon to teach myself about pixel art. I'm new to this style of art and haven't delved much into it, but I think I'm getting the hang and understanding of it some. I know that I like to put a great deal of detail in them, so they may not be the kind of works some people like, but I enjoyed working on them nonetheless.

These are all size 50x50 (so they are deviantART safe).

So, these four were my Pokémon tests I did for shading and general design concepts. I started with the Teddiursa and made it really small, so I expanded the size, tis why it seems so pixelated.

After that, I moved to Drifloon, and Espeon. Drifloon was a simple animation since it just floats there and Espeon was the funest to 'draw' up to that point.

Umbreon is so far the one I liked the best, so I am using as my own avatar here on these forums.

A little while ago, I was looking for a wallpaper that I would like to use. I was looking for one that would appeal to me, yet wouldn't be an eye sour in design or brightness when I turn on my desktop each morning. While I was browsing around on deviantART, I found these two designs: Pokeball Wallpaper by oshikuma, and Neapolitan by MangoTangoFox.

I really liked the design idea, but I wasn't too thrilled with the flat nature of it, and how the first one was kind of bright for my eyes. So I took the premise, and made my own.

That wallpaper is the same idea as the previous ones, but I gave it a little more depth, and changed the colors some so that it was more to my level of brightness. If you would like to use it for yourself, bellow is the none-screenshot version in the original size: 2560x1440. Just like the avatars above, you are free to use this to your hearts content. I give no restrictions on it. So enjoy.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    While these are pretty cool and everything, this section is purely for graphic art and photography (there's a separate section for Pixel Art). If you tend to show more than one medium such as you have, you should post your thread in the Art Gallery. So I will be moving this for you.

If you would rather have a thread in this section make sure you have 4 examples or more of graphic art with the inclusion of photography if you desire. Same goes for Pixel Art, if you wish to have a thread there, you will need to just post your 4 examples of scratch pixel art. Good luck buddy!

Moved

Years
  • I like the wallpaper! Do you mind if I use it? :P

No, I do not mind. :) Use it for all it's worth. I give no restrictions on anything I make. If you want to use it, edit it, change it, anything at all I'm fine with. Just as long as people enjoy it, that is all I care for. So good luck with it.

GibbyGibson

Years
  • Just curious, the wallpaper is a vector art, right? I really love the way you've made it more dynamic by giving it depth. Do you have any more such cool wallpapers?

Years
  • Just curious, the wallpaper is a vector art, right? I really love the way you've made it more dynamic by giving it depth. Do you have any more such cool wallpapers?

It's a vexel art piece. I didn't use Illustrator or any other vector making software on it, but I did make it 'appear' vector like in appearance.

As for other wallpapers, I haven't made any personally since that one. I might make more in the near future, but that depends on my schedule and how things go along with it.

Acrios90

Pokemon Artist & DJ
    Years
  • These are really cool pictures, A little critic though. The teddyursa looks a little off to me (Maybe too skinny/tall) and the shading on espeon makes it look like it has a wierd light source. But overall they are fine, the critic is just my nitpicky side getting out :D

Back