• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game-based movies

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    What do you think of games being adapted into movies? Do you like this idea? List some of the game-based movies you liked, and the ones you hated. (not much, eh?)

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
  • It depends on the game. If it was something like Resident Evil, Tomb Raider or Prince of Persia then I wouldn't mind. But if they try to reboot or use a similar idea like they did with Super Mario Brothers, Doom, Tekken, Street Fighter (1 and 2), King of Fighters then I would gladly say 'No thank you'.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I hate game adaptions of movies.
    The only good ones were the Resident Evil series.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I like the idea. Haven't liked the execution thus far though.

Except Pokemon which are basically long episodes, so you know what to except. I can't decide if the Mario movie had good execution or not. I actually like the movie

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Resident Evil, and a few other's I liked, but one's such as Disney ect... Nah...won't go there

Years
  • The Harry Potter games were terrible, imo. I would honestly like to see more games such as Zelda, etc. turned into movies though, If the directors put enough time into it, they could turn out to be incredible

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    The Harry Potter games were terrible, imo. I would honestly like to see more games such as Zelda, etc. turned into movies though, If the directors put enough time into it, they could turn out to be incredible

The Harry Potter games were terrible, but the movies were okay. And I would also like to see Zelda movies or the such.

Years
  • Moves made from games are just merchandise. I can't remember seeing one that was very good. Movies and games are different creatures and in general I'd rather see an original story in a movie than one which came from a game.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    If it exists as both only one can be good. Rule of thumb V_V

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I think that movies can be adapted into games but the reason why it hasn't worked very well so far is because the people who work on videogame adaptations have no talent. If the people who worked on the movies were talented then they would be good, but people who have talent do not want to work on videogame movies, especially writers.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I always enjoyed Mortal Kombat movies and the games are pretty interesting. That's probably the one game-based movie I like.

Years
  • Hmmm... A movie based on game from Need For Speed series...
    Naaaahhhh, bad idea.
    First Mortal Kombat movie was based on game? I must admit, that the first movie wasn't bad... MK game series are pretty awesome.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Hmmm... A movie based on game from Need For Speed series...
    Naaaahhhh, bad idea.
    I don't think that it's a bad idea. I can imagine watching watching a movie based on street racing and such. It'd be pretty watchable.

As for other game-based movies, I haven't watched any of them if I remember correctly. I don't like the idea. Movies and Video Games don't intersect. But I would want to give it a shot at watching something like LoZ. :D

Years
  • I don't think that it's a bad idea. I can imagine watching watching a movie based on street racing and such. It'd be pretty watchable.

As for other game-based movies, I haven't watched any of them if I remember correctly. I don't like the idea. Movies and Video Games don't intersect. But I would want to give it a shot at watching something like LoZ. :D

Especially movies from NFS Carbon or Most Wanted. Action is the same and it's all about illegal street racing and Police. We have Fast and Furious series now...

Anyway... Legacy of Kain series. These games had really nice story. Shame, that it's quite too old to make movie from these.

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
    Years
  • What about Final Fantasy VII Advent Children?

I remember the game although I never finished it (still somewhere on disc 2, i think) but it is one of the most memoriable videogame-based movie's I've ever seen. It recaps you roughly through the game and then follows it up correctly (almost or exactly like back to the future) like a sequal should be.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • I like the idea, and even though they usually don't turn out well it's always fun to go see them. I remember seeing Resident Evil as a kid and thinking it was awesome.

Back