• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Game-Breaking News!

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    nooooooooooooo
    underground not good

how will you traverse? you can't use fly... another HM? awwwwww :(

i never liked caves in Pokemon anyways. now an underground WORLD? better bring my nightlight...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Also, Crunch and Bite are already physical attacks. All Dark type moves are based on the Attack stat.
    Uh... no they aren't. =\ Dark type moves are special attacks. Why do you think Tyranitar's Crunch is as weak as it is? And I'm not saying Tyranitar's Crunch would be utterly useless, but it would definitely be stronger if it was a physical attack.
    aragornbird said:
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Omg, do you know what this means? Certain good Pokemon will now suck, certain bad Pokemon will become better, and certain great Pokemon will be practically over powered!

Sceptile and Alakazam will suck if they change moves like Thunderpunch and Leaf Blade to run off of the physical Attack stat.

Sneasel/Weavile will be much better if Dark attacks like Crunch are physical moves. Fighting pokemon like Machamp will also be awesome with physical Fire Punch and Ice Punch.

Can you imagine how much stronger Salamence and Tyranitar will be if Crunch and Dragon Claw are now running off their outstanding 135 base Attack? And Gengar, with Shadow Ball as a special move, will rock things as well.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~
    I completely agree with you. Some Pokémon will make the game imbalanced with these new changes. <.< But certain Pokémon, like Crawdaunt for example, will finally get the attention they need. Sceptile and Alakazam are going to be horrible. All good moves on Sceptile (Apart from Substitute and Leech Seed.) will become physical attack. Unless of course Leaf Blade won't be a physical attack, which would make no sense at all. Charizard also just became a whole lot more useful. Fire Punch + Swords Dance + STAB + possible Blaze hax. That's just awesome! O_O

Let's just hope Alakazam will get a new special attack in D/P, otherwise it will be utterly useless. Shadow Ball and Psychic won't take you far.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
    I'm most excited about the possible stat changes, it seems more exciting to ome. But it will definitely break the metagame for a while. I agree with aragornbird and Smarties-kun

I actually am hoping Nintendo goes with the new starters. It's not that there is anything wrong with fire/water/grass, I just think since they are doing so much new stuff, why don't they sorta start fresh with different starter types.

Years
    im not so sure about the new stater triangle. say u start with the phycic starter, ur rival would get the dark and then ur phycic atatcks would be useless instead of hurting them a little like in the other triangle

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    My only concern having gone over this news for quite sometime is the incredible boost in power Metagross gets. As you probably know, Metagross is capable of learning two of the three elemental punches (Thunder and Ice), giving it virtual access to a physical boltbeam running off of its insane 135 base attack power. Combined with its current Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Sludge Bomb and Explosion, Metagross's type coverage only becomes that much more complete.

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    The starter change kinda shocked me a bit. I have a tradition of always choosing Grass as a starter, so now I'm in a bit of a rut now. Dark will only be good for me if they create better Dark attacks, as while both Fighting and Psychic both have attacks that exceed 100, Dark doesn't, so Nintendo had best keep that in mind assuming they go through with this.
    I was always wishing that the classification of attacks would be based more on the attack itself, because it's hard to get how Ice Beam can be Special, but not Hyper Beam, or why Scratch would be physical, but not Bite.

Back