• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game consoles 'cause skin sores'

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Oh please, this is nothing compared to the intensive ratiation poisoning I get from playing my 360. Got several forms of Cancer. But nooooooo...that gets no attention.

The 360 even caused the death of Superman, what with the high levels of kryptonite. Red rings of death has a whole new meaning.

Totally worth it. Got my Amulet of Reflection from Oblivion after 35 consecutive hours of playing.

Years
    Lol, Sims. Honestly, I think Super Smash Bros has to be the most painful game to play for extended periods of time. (Melee was the fastest) Even with my Wavebird I had to take breaks. That never happened with other games...

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Thanks Archer. Wanted to post this without double-posting.

First off, this isn't one reported case, this is one case we are seeing.

Let's stop fooling ourselves into thinking that video games are ever so perfect, & anyone who speaks otherwise is a loon. Video games can have faults too. And yes, sores are one of them.

As everyone says, they have goten sores just playing Mario Party. Let's face it--those mini games required some hard rotating, and those controllers weren't meant for that. The stick wasn't padded enough, and it made for some blisters on my palm. If your're gonna market a game towards kids, expect them to play hard, and accommodate.

Same with Wii. You can blame those idiots that can't get a grip, but even with the strap, the remote ca fly out of sweaty hands. Why wasn't the Wii built with some sort of grips? They have come a long way by replacing those weak straps, adding a grippable, soft cover, etc.

My point? Don't immediatley jump at every report that seems like it is against games. The PS is somewhat known for its akward controller.

I like how the article does not mention the girl having a PS3 at all, either.

Some logic you fanboys have.

All he said was he likes the 360 controller more. He never said anything against the PS3, other than Sony's awkward controller. And I agree somewhat, PS1/2/3's controllers are somewhat akward. Surprise, it's possible to dislike Sony's controller, or Sony in general, without being a fanboy. Only one using that term is you. Pretty insulting.

The Red Chain

Why not just make things simple and call it 'blisters'?
    You professionals and your complicated names.. x_x
    Just like the unnecessary 1185 letter word to describe a protein..
    On topic, this made me laugh. D u h holding a video game controller for a long time will cause blisters.. I mean that's just common sense.
    >_>;

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 3, 2009
    It's not so much about the console...Knowing the BBC, they have just picked up on the PlayStation because it's the most commonly-known console of their target audience (please don't think I'm trying to predetermine their audience for them).

Personally I've never got blisters from gaming, I have got hand cramp and a dislocated thumb once but my joints dislocate periodically anyway. I think you'd have to play almost non-stop to get blisters, or play a game involving shakingthe controller, or vibrating controllers (like the Wii for example).

But it is a little typical of the BBC to feature negatively on video-gaming again, quite often on their weekly shows such as local news/topical shows they are verging slightly towards the narcissistic. There is often little to no coverage of game culture in the regular, regional news, which is fair enough as it is considered a 'niche market' by the BBC.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Wow.... too much video games anyone?? The only time I've ever gotten an injury from video games is when I was 7 and hurt my pointer finger from mashing the A button of the Dreamcast Arcade Control Pad while playing Power Stone. Ahhh Dreamcast, the good ol' days.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's not so much about the console...Knowing the BBC, they have just picked up on the PlayStation because it's the most commonly-known console of their target audience (please don't think I'm trying to predetermine their audience for them).

Personally I've never got blisters from gaming, I have got hand cramp and a dislocated thumb once but my joints dislocate periodically anyway. I think you'd have to play almost non-stop to get blisters, or play a game involving shakingthe controller, or vibrating controllers (like the Wii for example).

But it is a little typical of the BBC to feature negatively on video-gaming again, quite often on their weekly shows such as local news/topical shows they are verging slightly towards the narcissistic. There is often little to no coverage of game culture in the regular, regional news, which is fair enough as it is considered a 'niche market' by the BBC.

Darn liberals and their darn anti-everything campaigns!!

Seriously though, your post is spot on. The term playstation is only being used because it is one of, if not the most, recognised names in gaming here in the UK.

Years
    Darn liberals and their darn anti-everything campaigns!!

Hey, hey! No political bashing on a non-political thread. XD Liberals aren't anti-everything you know >.>

As for all of these replies, I agree they just probably use the PS name due to it's popularity.
    But then again the console wars are good for us gamers. =P

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Yeah, i never liked the PS3 controllers AT ALL. They're too, well, SQUARE for me. You probably think i'm nuts by now, but i'm basically saying that the PS3 is a lot more uncomfortable than the 360. The Wii (although the 360 and PS3 have way more Popular games) is also comfortable. I wish Sony would change the design of their controllers. It's one of the only things that hasn't changed ever since they made that original PlayStation.

Back