• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Game Corner

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • Who still gets a kick out of the Game Corner? What do you think of it? How many coins have you got? Post away people.

I have around 4900 - 5100 coins unsure but am collecting to get 15000 which means Gyro Ball tm. I spend all my time when bored from training and travelling at the Game Corner and had shiny clefairy up for 12 12 rounds. Got 2059 coins out of that I think. The Game corner was a great invention from Red and Blue and yes, I do still get a kick out of it.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • before i deleted my game, i had a lot; about 26000. with the clefairy bonuses, i get quite a lot from it, even though where he points it gives you replays. but more often i got a ditto clefairy.

i had well over enough to get Flamethrower for Ponyta. recently, i havent been in it because i am not as far into the game :\

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    My problem is with the game corner is that they took out some of the cool pokemon out you could get

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    If you are talking about the Games Corner as in all the games, this is not the right place. If we're talking about the D&P games corner, yeah, i'd say i still get a kick out of it. I haven't actually played that much there, but it is pretty good.

Circuit

Years
  • If you are talking about the Games Corner as in all the games, this is not the right place. If we're talking about the D&P games corner, yeah, i'd say i still get a kick out of it. I haven't actually played that much there, but it is pretty good.

Yes, I mean the one in D/P not all the games.

My problem is with the game corner is that they took out some of the cool pokemon out you could get

Yeah, like Porygon in G/S.
    I miss the Game Prizes which could be Pokemon. The only flaw in G/S is that you need 999999 coins to get Porygon. O_o wierd, why do that?

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    Yes that was weird about the polygon being so expensive but it made the game corner far more fun because you could get alot of nice pokemon out of that deal.

Houndoom666

I like mah teem rite nowz. ^.^
    Years
  • Yeah, I still get a kick out of that. ^ ^
    I used to be really really good at that back in the G/S/C games, but I just dont got no luck no more. So I just buy the coins and buy stuff. ^^

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
  • the thing is, with the game corner, you can't win unless there is a pokeball on view. even then, it is about a 95% chance you will win with the pokeball, great ball etc.

Circuit

Years
  • Yeah, I still get a kick out of that. ^ ^
    I used to be really really good at that back in the G/S/C games, but I just dont got no luck no more. So I just buy the coins and buy stuff. ^^

You'll need a lot of money then coins don't come cheap but they're cheaper than what they used to be if I remember correctly.

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    It was fun to get the coins cause then you thought oh what am i gonna get there are those nice cool pokemon i could get myself a Dratini or i could save up for that expensive oh which will i get of course i always went for the Drantini first what can i say i love dragon pokemon

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I pretty much only have about 200 coins left since I use them to but TMs.
    I still get a kick out of the game corner. I like the Clefairy Bonus in DP.

Aikochan

Sexy Trainer Aiko
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    The game corner was always better when you could get mon from them. it is a tad bit fun but it isn't overly exciting

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
  • Well, ever since my "Accident" with the game corner, I rarely use it. What was my accident?

Well, it all happened when I was about 10 or 11. We were driving home from a vacation to NB. I was in the back seat, playing Pokemon Gold if I remember correctly. I had been trying for ages to get a jackpot, but I just couldn't. Anyway, I became so frusterated with it, I picked up one of my sister's dolls from her backpack and whacked my GameBoy Color's screen with it.

Now, of course, knowing my luck, the doll I picked up had a wooden head. Yupp, bye bye GameBoy. The screen instanly filled up with this jagged, black hole. It was pretty weird.

True story...
    I was pretty P.O'd. :<

___4

<(^.^)>
    Years
  • Yeah, like Porygon in G/S. I miss the Game Prizes which could be Pokemon. The only flaw in G/S is that you need 999999 coins to get Porygon. O_o wierd, why do that?

On pokemon r/b/g/y they werent so expensive.

But the game corner probably wasnt really designed for collecting coins to win prizes. It was probably just for fun.

BattleBeastEXP

Competitive Double Battler
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    It's weird, I've never really played in the Game Corner. Mostly, I just buy the coins so that I can get TM's like Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, or Flamethrower.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • I like the game corner, but the D/P/P Game Corner isnt that good. I like winning, but the odds are so high thats its taken the fun out of it. One round I made over 7000 coins. That never happened before. Plus this one doesnt have the second game you can play. GSC had Card Flip and RSE had the Roulette. The only good thing about Veilstone's Game Corner is the music. I petition that Porygon returns to the Game Corner!

Back