• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Dev Contest

Josh1billion

Game Developer
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 23, 2008
    Flameguru makes a good point. If the contest is run again in the future, I'd like to see entries with only original content* be accepted. It's not good to profit off of someone else's work.. check out the "Credits" section of the Shadows post and you'll see the author used artwork and music from a total of 19 or 20 (depending whether you count the "Special Artwork" listed at the bottom) sources. If "Run Robert Run" really was created completely from scratch, it seems unfair.

* Rules would have to be in place to designate what is allowed and what's not, as I don't think anyone would be expected to write their own graphics engine, for example.

In response to the games themselves, though, I can't make a judgment yet, as I haven't had a chance to play Shadows (both download links are currently not working).

Back