• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Franchises You've Never Really Gotten Into

Years
  • Are there any franchises that you and/or your friends have expected you to be a fan of, but that you just don't find yourself caring about? Do your gaming preference trends turn out to be rather opaque? I know I have some of these:
    • Animal Crossing
    • Fire Emblem
    • Kingdom Hearts
    • Castlevania
    • Metroid
    • Kirby
    • Ratchet and Clank
    • Wario
    • Mother
    • Monster Hunter
    • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    • All FPS's except BioShock and TF2
    • All fighting games except Super Smash Bros.

I don't hate any of these; I just find myself profoundly indifferent to them.

TY

Pokemon, i mean its fun, but i dont see myself playing it for a long time and i see myself never into the competitive scene of it.

runs before entire PC kills him

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    A few franchises I've never really gotten into are Kirby, Mother, Animal Crossing, and Final Fantasy.

Ok, I've played 4 FF games: Crystal Chronicles, XIII-1, X-2, and I think it was VI. Couldn't finish the latter two. Although I will admit that playing X-2 before playing X was a bad idea. And I wanna get Lightning Returns sometime, but beyond that, I've never cared much for Final Fantasy.

And I think there's something else, but I don't remember.

EDIT: That's what I was forgetting. GTA and Gears of War. I don't care much for those either.

Last edited:

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Never really got into any of the Warcrafts, played some of WoW but it just didn't appeal to me. To this day, I think the only warcraft related game I might actually play is Hearthstone, but I see it as more akin to Magic the Gathering than warcraft, imo.

My friends, after playing MTG and pokemon TCG together, really expected me to be more into yugioh than I was. Don't get me wrong, it's a fine card game, but there's just no place for someone like me, someone who experiments with combos and quite honestly doesn't follow any meta. The banlist is also my biggest problem. Sure, I appreciate being able to use the whole library of cards, means I do that for other games anyway, but my mindset is that there is always, always a counter strategy to major threats. Outright banning them before they are found I feel actually hurts the meta, not helps it.

I'll admit it, I prefer Halo over Call of Duty. Heck, I prefer Ghost Recon over Call of Duty. It's over-hyped in my opinion. Sure, the stories can be good, but I feel like the majority of people playing them are doing so for the multiplayer, which honestly, doesn't change much.

Rhythm games. I don't care if its DDR, Guitar Hero, even the steam one that eludes my memory currently. I can't stand them.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Grand Theft Auto, Persona, Legend of Zelda, Warcraft, Fire Emblem, Assassin's Creed, Borderlands, Mario, Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur, Tales of Vesperia, Secret of Mana, Monster Hunter, Dragon's Quest, Batman's Arkham series, Need for Speed, Grand Turismo, Rayman, Portal, Half-Life and God of War.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Quite a few.

-Halo
    -Saints Row
    -Metroid
    -Gears of War
    -Madden
    -Hitman
    -Battlefield
    -Pikmin
    -Prince of Persia
    -Resident Evil
    -Tomb Raider
    -Warcraft (or any MMO for that matter)

I know I'm missing a lot more, but these are the most popular ones.

PMG

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I never found myself getting into the Halo series. First game I got was Reach, and I only really played through it with a friend of mine. When we beat it, I don't think I ever really played it again.

There's also the Legend of Zelda series. I've played a couple in the series, but I never found myself really jumping at the chance to get any more games. It's not a bad series, nor is Halo, it's just not really my cup of tea I suppose.

Years
  • I guess for me it's more genre based..

FPS, I lack the reaction time necessary to play "well" .. I try, but it's just not my thing, and I end up not enjoying myself as much.. unless there's some kind of gimmick involved where I don't have to take too much of an "active role" like laying down mines or something along the lines of that.. not a lot of FPS out there does that.

"Games like GTA" .. It's not really my thing. I play games to "forget" reality and escape, not live out some fantasy I'd want to do in reality but couldn't/wouldn't. Its kind of the subject matter.. and it kind of isn't.. I'd actually play Saints Row.. if it takes itself too serious, I just have problems.. because rarely, even the games I enjoy with all my heart, I don't take seriously. Some people may wish they could run people over with cars, me, I'd rather ride a dragon and shoot fire from my hands. To each their own.

Saddly, JRPGs.. and I used to be such a fan of them.. I really don't know what's happened. They're just all the same, kinda wussy, kinda half assed.. in some ways exploitative where it doesn't need to be.. I miss the days when Chrono Trigger was kickin it, ya know? Thats what a JRPG is. Even titans like Final Fantasy have been leaving me cold and mostly irritated at how far they've let themselves deviate from their once proud pedigree. We'll see how Bravely Default turns out.. please don't make me sad Squaresoft.

Zelda .. The 3d Ones mostly. Was never a Zelda guy, surprisingly.. OfT, Majora, Twilight Princess etc. For varying reasons. OfT was just clumsy for me.. or rather, I miss having the ability to see around the corners of a room to solve puzzles.. I appericate Twilight for it's art and story, but it's not really something I'd play personally. Oddly enough, Windwaker was the only 3d one that I kinda sorta liked.. the music, the concept of sailing around from place to place.. but it was a little too "easymode" and kinda Baby's First Zelda (and I mean that in the kindest way possible) and kinda samey after a certain point.

Horror Games. SCREW.. YOU..

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Shooters are shooters so I'll not repeat myself.

For some reason Final Fantasy and Zelda... I never get into the mood to even try it... I think if I actually tried them I would like them but I still haven't.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Zelda, Final Fantasy, God of War, Metroid, Fire Emblem, and Terarria. I attempted to stay away from FPS games because they would just flood my list.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Don't want to repeat too many same name games - but any games that deal with War I'm not interested in (COD, Halo, Gears of War) - I always hate war, never been interested in it.

Most games that deal with too much shooting and bad language (too much cursing - GTA, True Crimes, Driver) loosing interested in those games

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    Tekken, Street Fighter, and most fighting games. I was really turned off by that branch of the gaming community years back. The way people play when you're trying to learn things and ask for help is disgusting at best.

Assassin's Creed. It wasn't the story, but when I went to play I got too far into side quests and things that threw me off the main plotline. Just a very busy set of games.

★Dark Soul Umbreon★

Totally not a furry
    Years
  • Meh I never really get into war games (except Black Ops 2) or the fighting genre either (Tekken, Street Fighter). MMOs aren't really something I do either (World of Warcraft, League of Legends, and 1 billion more)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I don't really like Halo, to be honest. I'm a huge fan of first-person shooter games, with this being the only exception. Not sure what, exactly, but... something about it just ticks me off. I've tried Halo 3 once, and returned it back to the store next day. If it wasn't for friends constantly forcing me to play it, I wouldn't have bought it at all. xD" I also dislike Resident Evil. A lot of people play RE, but I personally have never been able to get into it as I don't like horror.

Years
  • For me it's Assassin's Creed

I should like the games by all accounts, but considering how story-based the games are, and how...idk dry the first game is, I just couldn't finish it, and because of it I feel no interest in moving on to any of the sequels, although I do really enjoy the multiplayer.

As a runner up, It would be Battlefield. I like most FPS's I play, I can even tolerate most of the Call of Duty Games in small doses, I don't think I can nail down one thing in paticular about Battlefield, I just doesn't hold my interest as well as the rest of the lot do. This is only worsened since Planetside 2 has been released.

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
    Years
  • Jak and Daxter. It didn't catch my eye as much as Ratchet and Clank did with humor or the characters.

Blazblue. The artwork is good, but the story seemed a bit haphazard for me, and the villain is unbearably overpowered.

Back