• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Game Freak Wishes You A Happy Birthday! :D

Game Freak Wishes You A Happy Birthday!

• Awesome! :D

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • that Ok.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Stupid. :P

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Late happy birthday to both of you!

The Pokemon Center "celebration" is a neat touch but not much of a reward or anything. It makes sense though, since you could probably abuse it by just changing dates on your 3DS, right?

Yeah but if it was one time only that it gave out an event pokemon, would it really matter if they changed their birthday?

Years
  • Too bad my birthday was 4 days before X/Y came out. xD

But yeah, I think it's a really nice addition. I hope, this is not gonna be one of the good things that they are gonna abolish in the next game.

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • Well I think the guy in the first video is overreacting a little by repeatedly saying how amazing it is, but it's a nice little addition. Gotta wait til 2/2 next year to see it myself, though.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Yeah but if it was one time only that it gave out an event pokemon, would it really matter if they changed their birthday?

Oh, if it's a one-shot thing, sure. If you got a gift every birthday, then...yeah.

My birthday was 3 days before the release of the game. Glad to see I'll have a bit of a wait before I can experience this :P

(Ewww I'll be an adult then D: )

LATE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Too bad my birthday was 4 days before X/Y came out. xD

But yeah, I think it's a really nice addition. I hope, this is not gonna be one of the good things that they are gonna abolish in the next game.

LATE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Can't wait to see this - my birthday is coming soon - on Friday the 13th this December.

EARLY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I've seen it before on another YT video. Found it pointless, though.
    What would've really been nice was if GameFreak programmed it as an event, like the Mystery Gift Torchic. But everyone gets a special event Jirachi from WISHMKR OT on their birthday

epic

The birthday thing is a nice minor touch; there should be more confetti and stuff, though. XD Oh, AND CUPCAKES! A Mystery Gift Torchic/Jirachi like that would be awesome, and would help people who can't access events.

I guess a "one-time" thing would make more sense, but considering people can re-use the Jirachi bonus disc from Pokemon Colosseum for infinite Jirachi (and infinite Deoxys?/Manaphy? from that Pokemon Ranger event thing) and can breed the event XY Torchic for better Torchic, you might as well make it each birthday. XD (or maybe's there's a list of special Pokemon that you can receive on your birthday, and it's randomized each time?)

Dude492

Hoenn Champion
    Years
  • I agree with the majority of People on this thread, the theme and the Suprise is great but there needs to be something nice for the player (Not too nice or else people will keeping changing the Time)
    like a Max Reieve or a Rare Candy or Maybe... Just Maybe... A Master Ball!

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I remember in Black it told me "happy brithday, please keep using the pokecenters for years to come" and it was annoying because they said that every time I visited a pokecenter, so I got really sick of it.

Back