• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Idea

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    So I was thinking of this cool pokemon game idea. This could recapture the good old days of pokemon, as well as the newer versions.
    Essentially it is a pokemon game that consists of all the pokemon games. In the beginning, you pick what versions you want to play. For example, for me I would choose:
    Red
    Gold (We are leaving out heartgold/soulsilver, as well as firered/leafgreen)
    Sapphire
    Diamond
    White
    Black 2
    X
    (This is leaving out gams like yellow, crystal, emerald, platinum, and possibly Z if it is ever released.)
    You could also pick games like blue, silver, ruby, pearl, black, white 2, and Y, but i prefer the ones I chose. More of a preference thing I guess.
    Then, you start in the first region. Kanto, for me red version. You pick your starter and play through. Updated graphics. Cool version. Everything is the same, just updated graphics and a few gameplay mechanic tweaks. Then you get a pokemon to level 100. After you beat the elite 4, you go to the new region in Gold. (Or silver) Then, to balance things out in a new region, once you get a pokemon to level 100, it stays that way until the new region. But then you have the option to upgrade it, to level 1 tier 1. Now every pokemon you find in that region is tier 1, and you level up, play through again, same thing. Then we arrive in hoenn. Tier 2. This system continues throughout the game, to avoid massive level caps like 500-800. Also, you cannot dominate competitive play with tiers because you must get to the next region. You can only battle trainers in your tier range.
    Once you beat the game, you reach max tier. I would imagine it would be like getting a level X pokemon card, higher than 100.
    Also, in each region you buy tier-based pokeballs, so pokeball tier 1 can catch you a nice tier 1 pokemon in gold easily, since the regular pokeball is essentially useless against a level 102 pidgey on route 4.
    Although this probably will never realistically happen, it's nice to fantasize and ponder over, what could have been.
    This game should retail for about $100, since you get EVERYTHING in one edition. Or it can be standard $40-$60, and Nintendo/Gamefreak can release a $100 Deluxe edition where you get cool things with it, exclusive content, and like free dlc or something if that ever occurs.
    This could be called Pokemon Ultimate or something, Gamefreak can probably come up with a fitting name.
    Well, if you stuck with me this far, jebus you must be tired! It took me a while to write, so i appreciate any constructive criticism to make this idea better and possibly even polish it enough to get Gamefreak or Nintendo to notice!
    So thanks guys.
    -Beaver
    (P.S. Did I put this in the right section? I am new here and I used this starter guide thing at the top of my page that linked me here, this seemed like the most fitting category I am aware of!)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    An "ultimate" game where you visit the different regions has been suggested, and I would love to get remakes with updated graphics, but it just doesn't seem like something Gamefreak would do. I feel like it'd be such a massive project that they'd much rather come up with something new than just revisit the old games. This differs from like individual remakes because that's more or less a smaller project. Something this big just deviates from the style of games they've churned out over the years.

Back