• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game maker 7.0?

K-K-Slider

SQUIRTLE!
Years
  • No. It's not. I can garuntee that you won't be able to do it. Game Maker is a beautiful program, that outlaps RPGXP by miles in my opinion. But making a solid Pokemon system has proved in the past to be harder and more time-consuming than making a FPS with GM. Although this is me assuming that you don't have any experience. For all I know you could be a pro. And another thing. Unless it's registered, don't even think about it.

Oh, and for lots of good games, go to gmc.yoyogames.com

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • All the Pokemon Games I started were made with Game Maker.

Did any of them got finished at all ¬¬?

Well, if you don't wat to pay for rmxp, I do recommned going with Sphere. It's harder to use it, but it's a lot more versatile. Well good luck finding one.

Waudby

Well, if you don't wat to pay for rmxp, I do recommned going with Sphere. It's harder to use it, but it's a lot more versatile. Well good luck finding one.

In all honesty, Sphere is no harder than RMXP, it's just RMXP has the advantage of a starter kit.

The languages are of equal difficulty to learn in my eyes.
    But yeah, unless you are a master of GM7, probably RMXP or Sphere would be your best bet. Sphere is very rewarding if you give it the time.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Well in my opinion since it was brought up by Waudby, RMXP has another advantage and that it the map editor. I've messed around with both programs and out of every common game maker, I feel RMXP has the best map editor by far. Much easier to newbies to get to grips with its UI then sphere.

Waudby

Well in my opinion since it was brought up by Waudby, RMXP has another advantage and that it the map editor. I've messed around with both programs and out of every common game maker, I feel RMXP has the best map editor by far. Much easier to newbies to get to grips with its UI then sphere.

Well, I've gotten used to Sphere's map editor and while it's not the best, I don't find it difficult to work with, the unlimited amount of layers really opens up new possibilities if you're willing to experiment.

I used to use RMXP to make the bases of a lot of maps and then import them into Sphere, but now it's just as quick to do it all in Sphere.

I guess it really comes down to what you feel happiest using.

Back