• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Game maker Pokemon system and stats?

Chrisario

Friend code :0018 2912 2366 let me know
Years
  • I've been working on this game on game maker so I downloaded pokemongm7 to see some working functions like the abilies and pokemon data evs stats etc,So on gmc.yoyogames no one could help me out with it there. I also need the thing when which object comes where since I have no Idea how to use it because I get errors like:
    Unown variable "myNum" at line 99
    What does it mean sorry for all this noob questions but I really don't know how to script in gml
    Thanx email me me if you know of how to make the codes work

Last edited:

Chrisario

Years
  • Currently why I'm using Game maker cause of the d3d objects for the buildings so I can't seem to add that to RMXP is it possible to put it in oh and how do I add the primal kyorge and groudon ability since I don't know thanx Maruno

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I don't know anything about Game Maker, so I can't help you.

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
    Years
  • Game Maker i have not heard about that in years. i would like a link so i can take a crack at this for you. as for put in 3d objects in rpg xp. i have code im useing in my game engine that might be portable to rgss

Chrisario

Years
  • Game Maker i have not heard about that in years. i would like a link so i can take a crack at this for you. as for put in 3d objects in rpg xp. i have code im useing in my game engine that might be portable to rgss
    Yes thank you please that would be nice and the link is yoyogames.com.

I got this bug in essentials of v14. When I throw a pokeball the pokeball just float and the pokemon turns red I was testing the Desolate Land ability but it did not work cause water type move is not suposed to be hit by harsh sunlight I just copied the sunnyday and add a 70 after the =.

EDIT:I just had to copy the pokemonanimations over so now the bug of that is gone but all my move animations is deleted

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    Well, i used that engine time ago, solved that problem by myself and i added some changes. I don´t remember all the changes i made, but here´s my GMK file so you (And anyone can use it).

Go to "Game information" when you have the file opened in GM8 to see the changes i made and to see which people you should give credit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74906564/pmg0.4.gmk

Years
  • Currently why I'm using Game maker cause of the d3d objects for the buildings

I'd suggest using XNA/Monogame then. Both are free, faster, and in my opinion easier to use since you have full customization to your code.

as for put in 3d objects in rpg xp. i have code im useing in my game engine that might be portable to rgss

Well not really, you'd have to do some special work with this. See, the main problem is if RMXP's "Graphics.update" call isn't called at leas 1 time within every 10 seconds, the Hangup Exception is called and if you call it, then it redraws the screen (which will not give you desirable results)

Again, your best bet is to use something along the lines of XNA/Monogame. Alongside with that, you can copy most of Pokemon Essential's code (but you'll need some work around for things like the Input module) and use it in any Ruby interpreter.

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
    Years
  • I'd suggest using XNA/Monogame then. Both are free, faster, and in my opinion easier to use since you have full customization to your code.

Well not really, you'd have to do some special work with this. See, the main problem is if RMXP's "Graphics.update" call isn't called at leas 1 time within every 10 seconds, the Hangup Exception is called and if you call it, then it redraws the screen (which will not give you desirable results)

Again, your best bet is to use something along the lines of XNA/Monogame. Alongside with that, you can copy most of Pokemon Essential's code (but you'll need some work around for things like the Input module) and use it in any Ruby interpreter.
    Monogame hmm. Maybe my RCD GameEngine could fill this role. but it very young in development

Years
  • So can you also transfer essentials to game maker since I don't know how to translate ruby.

Yes and no. Yes you can convert it to GML and no because it's not just a simple copy/paste.

Also, Essentials' core is made in Ruby and only uses specific RMXP structures for rendering/audio/inputs. In general there is absolutely no method of just copying the data to a new engine, there will always be some work needed on the scripts.

Chrisario

Years
  • Thanx for the tip so game maker 's pokrmon engine is a bit buggy since after try to change or add more new moves the defaults are just peck and tackle.

Back