• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Game Mechanic: Friend Safari

Years
  • I love Friend Safari. Mine's a Poison-type so I'm quite fortunate in that respect considering everyone seems to need a Fairy-killer :P Not too sure what the Pokémon in there are though.
    Also Hidden Abilities and starters - win win.
    still looking for a FS with the Gen VI starters in though

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Hey everyone. I've been snooping around for a while and I just want to see what was people's actual feelings for the friend safari.

No doubt it was a good idea by the developers to make this section of the game. However, I feel like it is sort of unfair for a LOT of people. For example, I don't have the greatest friend safari in the world. It stops almost everyone from adding me. It's rather unfair to those people. On the flip side, if you have a good friend safari, you can basically get any Pokemon you want. I feel like there should have been some way to give everyone a chance for a good safari or at least randomize the Pokemon every day.

So how do you guys feel about it?

I think it's funny how you made a thread on this subject. I added you and sent you a message telling you shortly after XY came out. Considering I have Ditto in my Safari, everybody wants on my Friends List. I just deleted you last weekend due to you never confirming the add request and not having space on my list. If you think the system is unfair and you need more friends why wouldn't you accept my request? Regardless I have too many pending requests as it is and have already deleted you.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I've really enjoyed it, I went through a period of playing pokemon x where I did nothing except search the friend safari.

I managed to catch a shiny delibird thanks to it.

Years
  • I love it with a large amount of bias as it has produced three shinies for me.

Good IVs, hidden abilities and (potentially but in no way proven) easier shinies seems good to me. Though it is frustrating when you can't find someone with the safari you need.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    I think of it as just a plus to the game. I add people for other reasons and the friend safari is a positive that comes with it. I have no idea what's in my friend safari though & I didn't know there was a limit of friends you could have until I read this thread. Learning something new everyday! :)

Back