• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game of the Year [results]

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • [a id]tf2[/a id]

Content

[alink id="join"]Categories[/alink id]

FAQ

What is this for?

The results of all your votes cast during the Game of the Year voting!

PokéCommunity Game of the Year

Game of the Year [results]

[a id]join[/a id]

Categories

The results of your votes for Game of the Year!

Best Wii game New Super Mario Bros. Wii
    Best Playstation 3 game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Best Xbox 360 game Modern Warfare 2
    Best handheld game Kingdom Hearts: 358/2
    Best PC game Left 4 Dead 2

Best action game
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    Best adventure game Assassin's Creed II
    Best first-person shooter game Modern Warfare 2
    Best role-playing game Borderlands
    Best fighting game Tekken 6
    Best sport game Fifa '10
    Best rhythm game DJ Hero
    Best strategy game Red Alert 3 and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
    Best racing game Forza 3
    Best simulator/virtual life game Sims 3

Best multiplayer game Borderlands and Modern Warfare 2
    Best downloadable content Call of Duty: World at War map packs
    Best soundtrack from a game New Super Mario Bros Wii

Best graphics Assassin's Creed II and Modern Warfare 2
    Best storyline Assassin's Creed II and Modern Warfare 2
    Best sound effects Borderlands
    Best voice acting Left 4 Dead 2 and Uncharted 2: Drake's Fortune
    Best box art Borderlands

Favorite character Ghost from Modern Warfare 2
    Favorite protagonists Captain Price from Modern Warfare 2 and Alex Mercer from Prototype
    Favorite villain The Joker from Batman: Arkham Asylum

Biggest industry announcements PS3 price cut and Project Natal
    Worst industry announcements PSP Go and the black Wii

Most over-hyped game Modern Warfare 2
    Most anticipated release for 2010 Final Fantasy: XIII

Worst games of the year Warhammer: Battle March, Godfather 2, 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand, Australian L4D2, and Shellshock 2

Game of the Year Modern Warfare 2

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me!

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Game of the Year is not surprising. I have bought games since Modern Warfare 2 and havent bothered to stop playing it much. Totally no surprise...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Oh wow...this list is horrible.

This, pretty much.

Seriously, Borderlands as the "best role playing game?" How in the world did Dragon Age: Origins not beat that?

Let alone, how is Borderlands a "good" role playing game. Not talking about the quality of the game as a whole, but it's a FPS with some role playing elements thrown in.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Meh. I don't agree most of these, but whatever. And I didn't know Final Fantasy 23 was in development. *checks "Most Anticipated Release for 2010"*

Yes, I know I'm being a nitpick. XP

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Meh. I don't agree most of these, but whatever. And I didn't know Final Fantasy 23 was in development. *checks "Most Anticipated Release for 2010"*

Yes, I know I'm being a nitpick. XP

Thanks for pointing that out. XD;

To the rest of you, I can't believe you're complaining over this. It's not like this is how the entire world feels. If you had such an issue with it, you were perfectly able to vote differently and obviously the majority of people didn't agree with your choice, if so. :/

And Dragon Age: Origins didn't beat it because it obviously did not receive enough votes. Cause that's how these things work, you know. :|

It's not like I agree with every game that won either, but it's not like this is serious or a big deal.

NatureKeeper

New. Super Mario Bros Wii won Wii Game of the Year?

Of course... Seems obvious... I have not kept my eyes away from the nintendochannel while watching its vedios...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Thanks for pointing that out. XD;

To the rest of you, I can't believe you're complaining over this. It's not like this is how the entire world feels. If you had such an issue with it, you were perfectly able to vote differently and obviously the majority of people didn't agree with your choice, if so. :/

And Dragon Age: Origins didn't beat it because it obviously did not receive enough votes. Cause that's how these things work, you know. :|

It's not like I agree with every game that won either, but it's not like this is serious or a big deal.

Is it that serious or a big deal that we're voice an opposing opinion?

And I would have voted, had I known that such a thing was even going on. Not that PC is that large of a polling sample to get an adequate vote for such things on. And most of the members are a tad young (so many M rated games on there for people who shouldn't be playing them, but alas).

Though Borderlands being considered a "role playing game" or not is not a matter of votes, but judging. If I voted for Banjo-Tooie as the best FPS, the judge should know to ignore such votes as the game (while having many FPS elements at certain points of the game) is not a full FPS.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Uncharted? Really? Uncharted?

Meh, whatever...but new super mario bros wii as well? It's a blatant cash in on nostalgia...I personally would have placed Deadly Creatures over it just for being original, a feature which is apparently forwned upon in modern gaming.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Meh, whatever...but new super mario bros wii as well? It's a blatant cash in on nostalgia...I personally would have placed Deadly Creatures over it just for being original, a feature which is apparently forwned upon in modern gaming.
    Have you played New Super Mario Bros. Wii? Its alot more than a cash in on Nostalgia, its a full-fledged Mario game, retaining alot of what made the original three SMBs & SMW fun while adding in new elements, such a co-op among 4 players. I personally thought it was a blast. Cash-ins on Nostalgia would be MegaMan 9 & 10, and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, although it seems wrong to say that as they are all such great games..well, I dunno about MM10 yet since it hasn't been released. Calling NSMBW a cash-in on nostalgia is like calling Street Fighter IV a cash-in on Nostalgia because they tried to make it play more akin to Street Fighter II.

I usually don't nitpick what wins in catergories, but being an avid RPG fan, I have to say that I don't believe Borderlands is an RPG, I'll grant that it is a Role Playing Shooter, a term itself coined, as well as a genre that is shared by a few other games such as Dirge of Cerberus:Final Fantasy VII and Mass Effect (which is more of an RPG than Borderlands). I personally believe that Dragon Age: Origins, as a more obvious RPG, should have taken its place since if I didn't know or have played it all ready, Borderlands would look like a straight up shooting game to me. However, for clarification, I have played the game and loved it and I totally agree with it getting the "Best Box Art" award.

But all well, its over and we'll all just have to live with it, there's no changing it now.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Woh, it is only a poll guys, not the word of the games industry as a whole ><'

AND YEY FOR FIFA! XD

Good effort to Klippy for doing this.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I can't believe the amount of moaning going on here o.0;;;; If you didn't vote, then you can't be surprised that the games you like didn't win :|

But whatever, I'm just really glad that Red Alert 3 got Best Strategy (:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I like the list. lol

and like Captain Fabio said, good effort to Klippy!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I don't see why people moan so much. Just because their favourite game wasn't top or something. I think idea to do a game of the year vote was great and have to give credit to Klippy for doing it.

A few of the results shocked me but overall they are all good games in their own right.

Only one I would say is borderlands being an RPG but oh well. Its up to personal choice what you class it as.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    Hey Klippy !!
    Thank You for sharing this information !!
    I totally agree with you !!
    Nice stuff !!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    WHY NO METAL GEAR AND I LIKE PSP GO THIS LIST IS ABYSMAL I DEMAND YOU CHANGE IT EVEN THOUGH I NEGLECTED TO VOTE MYSELF!

The only thing i have an issue with is mw2 getting goty when there were so many better games this year lol. But it was gonna win anyway (not just here but the BAFA goty and all others etc) P;eased to see Uncharted 2 made it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    lol why is black wii the worst? I'd be happy for a different coloured wii

Back