• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Game Pak Error

Years
  • I still exist.
    So I was doing my first run of Pokèmon Crystal on some dumb thing called PlayR.org.
    I was also so freaking close to fighting suicune without it running away.
    Then the game displayed this screen that said:
    This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color.
    I am SO mad right now and I have NO idea how to fix it.
    ...Is it even possible to fix?

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
    Years
  • I still exist.
    So I was doing my first run of Pokèmon Crystal on some dumb thing called PlayR.org.
    I was also so freaking close to fighting suicune without it running away.
    Then the game displayed this screen that said:
    This Game Pak is designed only for use on the Game Boy Color.
    I am SO mad right now and I have NO idea how to fix it.
    ...Is it even possible to fix?

Place the cartridge in a Gameboy Color or Gameboy Advance. It won't work in the original Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, or Gameboy Light.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Sounds like an emulator issue rather than an issue with the game itself. Not sure how that site works, but I guess reload it if possible? You'll be back to where you last saved I'm sure, but better than not being able to play. Since this is on a site, maybe there are help links there you can find for this issue.

I don't really encourage emulators, but if you really want to use one to play the game, I recommend a more reputable one like VisualBoy Advance rather than this site. I've never even heard of it so I don't know how reputable or reliable it is, but I've not run into issues with a VBA in the past.

Back