• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game production revival

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent destroyer

pokemon prof. for team rocket
Years
  • This thread is only for games that have been started but were never finished. According to the sticky thread: What's most annoying about fangames, over 50% of people say it is that a game never get finished and don't get me started on how many games have disappointed me.

Rulez:
    1. Only give games that you are never going to try to make again.
    2. Only the games that you started or if you worked on the game and have recieved word from the developer that it is abandoned if the developer is no longer a active pokecommunity member then you may give.
    3. Give games that have had reasonable progress done to them only.
    4. Don't just give a demo or part of the game just give the whole so it can still be worked on.
    5. Make a document of details about the game for the next person.
    6. Only accept a game of you are devoted to finishing it.

For game donators:
    1. Inform me of the game and how you will send the game file.
    2. Send over the game to me.
    3. I'll put the game info on this thread.

Or fill and post this form:
    Game:
    EST. progress:
    Game maker:
    Story:
    Aditional info:
    Features:

For game adopters:
    1. Contact me and include the game you want, why you want it and if possible any examples of your work from previous games.
    2. The best application will get the game and I will send it to you.
    3. I will remove the game from the list.

Games available:
    None yet, Please donate.

Example:
    Game: Pokemon: Time after time
    Made in: RMXP and with poccil's starter kit
    Story: You are a part of a team who chases after rare and ledgendary pokemon. But while you are after a celibi, you discover a time disruption. What was the cause?
    Features: Travel though various time zones.
    No longer the kid who wanted to go on a adventure.
    Alot different to the usual stories.
    Progress: about 50% of story, sprites, maps. Scripts are complete.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Dude... Do you realize pretty much every game on this site is on that boat? Only a couple are done out of hundreds

agent destroyer

pokemon prof. for team rocket
    Years
  • Dude... Do you realize pretty much every game on this site is on that boat? Only a couple are done out of hundreds

Yes i am well aware of that. That is why I am doing this and also the games need to be a fairly good amount complete before I put them on and I am hoping a lot of developers what to continue the work of possible brilliant games.

Also this conversation is off-topic. If you have more questions VM or PM me.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • I agree with david... No matter what your rules are, even if the game goes in 40 hands, it might still not get completed...

Historically, at least for the game projects, unless the person who is continuing the project was once part of the developing team, the new developer isn't able to do much. In that case, this thread becomes pointless.

Also, I won't give the project to just anybody... And if I do know the person, to whom I'm giving the project, again this thread is pointless.

Most projects die because the Author suddenly looses interest, is bored w/e, again most projects wouldn't even make it to this thread.
    They would even assume that they will continue the project later and not "donate" it.
    And what would you do if the person had a technical problem?

Would you rather auction off your project or give it to someone you trust? This isn't even an auction, since the author isn't getting anything in return of his hardwork?

Years
  • We already went through this once and I closed it back then. Don't think you can come here and push it through again just because there aren't any mods associated with the section.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back