• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gameboy Color Annoying Noise?

Eight.Bit

May
Years
  • I finally got my Pokemon Blue version in the mail, and I started playing it last week. It works perfectly, saves, it's like brand new except for the Gameboy Color has this annoying noise coming out of it. It works perfectly as well, except when I use headphones, there's a low-pitched, slightly distorted humming sound coming out of them in addition to the game sound, even when the volume is turned down to nothing (volume of the strange noise is constant, volume of the game sound adjusts correctly).
    I tried a different pair of headphones, same problem. Occurs on both mono & stereo settings. No difference if I wiggle or rotate the headphone plug. The volume control works fine, as does the GBC's speaker.
    Anybody know if this is normal? And if it's not normal, what should I do about it?
    Any advice is welcome. :)

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • You speaker might be bust or not making contact with the bord. The speak isn't soldered down on the GBC, just held there by the case

Back