• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gameplay Time

Romaov

Orra
Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    how long do you think the game is gonna take to complete(main) since the game has moved to a cartridge with more space on it?

Riansky

Purr
    Years
  • In my opinion that really depends on a player itself. It could take 30h + or 8h. Just really depends on how much time you play it. I don't think Pokemon had a set time of gameplay in any of the games really.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • It generally takes me around 20 hours of just normal gameplay to get through the games, but with how expansive the world is looking I'm hoping it's going to take longer to complete it. There's the option for the people who want to dig through every nook and cranny of the games, which makes their playtime huge, but for someone just playing the game casually I'm hoping for something between 30-40 hours.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think it might take a bit longer this time around, if only going by how huge Lumiose city itself looks.

Hopefully there will be plenty of side quests and diversions to take part in too.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • Honestly? I would imagine the main sequence to be about the same length as other Pokémon games. I have however noticed that the games in the main series have been growing longer, one of the most notable jumps being between GenIII and GenIV, which was a change in console much like the jump between GenV and GenVI. I would imagine X and Y will be longer than Black and White 2, most definitely.

The main increase I am expecting will be in the post-main story sections. Of course the main storyline will be longer, at least I think it will be, but I anticipate the parts which happen after the defeat of the Elite Four/the criminal gang/your rival being significantly longer and more extensive; it will be more fleshed out.

That is something I would definitely look forward to.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It depends on how fast the player is to complete the game if you don't bother EV training during Pokemon's story mode. I have a three day limit on trying to complete the story mode, due to my mentality that there are hidden achievements that will be lost forever if you don't get them, forcing me to start the game all over again.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • White 1 took me about 30 hours and White 2 took 15:15. I am hoping X and Y take at least 45 hours of gameplay to clear the first time. I hope they add another 20 hours of post game stuff.

MJT1990

Unhatched Suicune Egg
    Years
  • I really think that this time around, the game will take around 45+ hours for me. Why? Becuase numero uno, LOOK AT THAT FRIGGIN REGION!!!! I mean that region is HUGE, Im not even exaggerating! And look at all the hidden caves! Those may be sidequests but I'm one of those peeps who does all of the sidequests! And second wee dont know what the gyms have in store for us. Maybe there will be some elite 4 level gyms towards the endgame but seriously. 45+ Hours is my guess.

bashau

Distinct Phantom
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Main wise no longer than w2/b2 did. Whole game wise about the 3 quarters of the length of hg/ss. I am hoping for a lot of side stories and replayable parts of the game.

Years
  • wow i must be really slow in comparison. i finished black 2 yesterday (i got a little sick of it for a while) and i realized i had clocked 80 hours. i would be pretty darn happy if x and y managed that

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2013
    20-22hrs the first time. Without a guide or something else.

18 hrs the second time. Mainly because you will already know what to do.

I guess it depends in how big (And good) the storyline is

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • it really does depend - i think it'll take me forever because i like to explore everywhere

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Even when I race through my pokemon games, they usually take about 15 hours to complete because I afds (afk variant of ds? :D) a lot.

But, with a game like that I'll be enjoying every moment before I go race mode. All I'm hoping is that the game will last longer than my only other 3DS game I have; Mario Kart 7. Boy did that game disappoint me :/

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Even when I race through my pokemon games, they usually take about 15 hours to complete because I afds (afk variant of ds? :D) a lot.

But, with a game like that I'll be enjoying every moment before I go race mode. All I'm hoping is that the game will last longer than my only other 3DS game I have; Mario Kart 7. Boy did that game disappoint me :/

Back