• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games Started but left unfinished

Years
    • Seen today
    Does anybody have a game right now they started but just can't get to finishing? For some reason or another. I've gotten into this habit recently.

I started Super Mario RPG, for some reason my progress was set back a couple hours. Although I hit every save block I pass, now because of this I haven't felt like playing anymore.

I also started Majora's Mask, got around the Great Bay Temple, and my urge to play just ran out. I forced myself for an hour yesterday.

Then I bought Final Fantasy 10, which I know I'll get back to soon. It's just that 5 hours in and I'm not captivated like I was for the others.

Years
  • CTR Nitro Fueled: Can't be bothered looking for all the CTR tokens so it remains unfinished at 70% or something like that.

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair: It's just hard to get all the Beetalion Bees and Tonics. And the "Lair" really is "impossible"

There are other games, but too lazy to list them.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    SWSH's DLC: Isle of Armor. I know, I know, I feel enough shame as it is. :(

I just can't stop with Animal Crossing.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    One of these days I'll get around to finishing Breath of the Wild lol

Years
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition and Assassin's Creed: Origins are two games that I've recently been unable to finish no matter how many times I've picked them back up in the last few years. It's a shame cause they're actually both pretty good, I've just never got round to finishing them haha

Casey55

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Dragon age inquisition for me. I liked it at the start then got bored of it and left it.

pkmin3033

Assassin's Creed Origins is one I really want to finish, as it was quite enjoyable...but it ultimately wasn't as fun as Odyssey and I had other things to play so I dropped it. I might finish Persona 5 Royal eventually too...maybe.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • I'm gonna blow a lot of people away and say : I have Platinum and Black and just can't get to the point of actually playing lol. Was literally handed Soul Silver over the weekend too but haven't touched it much either lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    One of these days I'll get around to finishing Breath of the Wild lol

This post reminded me that I started Breath of the Wild 2 years ago and still haven't finished, so ouch.

I felt like I could have went into Ganon's Castle, but I had 2 more dungeons and didn't want to skip basically half the game. At the same time I was completely tired of playing it, so I probably should have just finished it.

Years
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition - I think I sticked in for about 2 hours, before deciding that this game is anything but a good RPG and great follow up to previous two games. There was literally nothing that would make me want to play. The story was weak, even compared to second game, combat was awful and it just seemed like badly made MMORPG.

Metroid: Samus Returns - I put this game aside because I had something else to play. It has been almost 3 years, but I'll return to it. I swear.

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy - I already talked about this game a lot in last few weeks, but I really hate changes to movement in this game and would rather play the original games on PS1.

Years
  • Most games I play I don't finish. It's just hard to continue when I'm not that interested in the game and I feel like my free time is already so limited that I'd rather not waste it on games that aren't immediately capturing my attention.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I guess I technically left Dead Space 3 unfinished also.. huh. I mean at this point I can't be spoiled I already know how it ends but I don't remember having escaped, now that I'm thinking about it. My husband and I just kinda.. stopped playing, lol.

If we're splitting hairs I left Soul Silver unfinished too.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
  • Both Dishonored games. I love them but never seem to be able to get around to finishing them.

And I've beaten this by now, back in 2015, but honourable mention goes to FF7 for taking me almost 20 years from when I first played it to when I beat it.

Years
  • omg... so many

harvest moon story of season (3ds)
    mystery dungeon dx (switch)
    final fantasy maxima (switch)
    bravely default (3ds)
    fantasy life (3ds)
    okami (switch, though I did beat the original ps2 version ages back)
    kingdom hearts dream drop distance (3ds)
    mario & luigi dream team (3ds, and in my defense the game keeps freezing after beating a certain boss so I just stopped trying..)
    professor layton vs phoenix wright (3ds)
    puzzle & dragons z + super mario bros (3ds)

oopsss

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Many, but two that come to mind are Glory of Heracles and The World Ends With You. I got stuck near the final boss on both of those. :x

Back