• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that -broke- you

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • By 'broke' I mean that there was always that one game that made us really in-tuned with playing it, whether it came from the story, or trying to beat that really big achievement on it. Whatever the case, we may of gotten emotionally attached, one way or another.

What's that game for you? What are the games that you've felt the most emotion towards?

Yukari

Probably Kingdom Hearts 2 I played Kingdom Hearts untill I literally wore the disk out, I just couldn't get enough of it. ;-; Normally I quit playing a game after I beat it an, may come back later... but that never happened with kingdom hearts 2...

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • Final Fantasy: Tactics. Made me feel white rage towards Algus, who treated Delita and Teta like crap for not being nobility. When Algus' reputation was smeared thanks to his father. He made me want to jump into the game and knock his teeth out. Where did he get off you kiss-butt.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • As far as emotional attchment to the story, there's always MGS3...

Metal_Gear_-_Big_Boss_Salute_%28Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater%29.gif

But as far as attached to the game itself, probably Dark Souls is the game I've been more 'in to' than any others. I took the time to farm all of the achievements on it, and let me just say that one "Obtain every weapon" achievement was hell. It took at least 3 playthroughs on one character to get, given that there were three different weapons that could be made from Sif's Soul (which you could only get one of per playthrough).

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I really felt a weird emotional attachment with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I really liked Subspace Emissary and played that a lot. It was fun and cool and I had a great time doing it.

I miss my Nintendo Wii :(

Outlier

Halo 3. Seeing what was meant to be the end of Master Chief's journey. Playing through the first two Halo's made the experience even more bittersweet. I think Halo has some of the most beautiful music out of any game I've ever played. Sometimes the soundtrack alone is enough to make me emotional.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • The Last of Us and The Walking Dead

How can one not get attached to the characters of these games? XD
    They're just so realistic and to see the things they go through just breaks my heart T.T
    I don't really want to spoil anything but, the Last of Us's opening made me just stop and go wow did that really happen? XD love both games

Outlier

The original Bioshock 1 and Infinite as well. Hell on earth did I manage to forget these two gems.

TY

StarCraft: Brood War. Its story is far more impressive than any other RTS story. Plus a lot of characters i liked so much died in that game, which just broke my heart, but i couldnt stop playing the story cause i just got sucked into it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I guess... Atelier Ayesha? The whole story finished with beautiful ending.
    Guess that could be the one.

And obviously Persona 3 and 4 'cause... simply Persona. I love each and every character.

Similar to Persona, I feel the same emotional attachment to Zero Escape characters.

Years
  • I was really into Final Fantasy Tactics A2 for a while. I wanted to beat it before 2014 started, but the final boss ended up being much more powerful than I'd thought and I didn't make it. I haven't touched it since.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Bioshock and Bioshock: Infinite. I don't think I'll ever forget playing through these games, when I did I had no prior knowledge of what was going to happen, and I was completely into the plots.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    NieR has made me feel things that I've never felt before.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Definitely The World Ends With You. I often come back to it on occasions just to play through the whole thing again. The story and everything else is just so amazing.

There's also Kingdom Hearts 2. I can tell I've played it too much because the disk is now worn out and won't play anymore. I need a new one. :/

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it would have to be Assassin's Creed II. The plot was amazing; I was extremely into it. Part that made me feel most emotional would have to be the beginning, when Ezio's family members got executed. All AC games are great in-general, but II stands out to me the most. :p

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • StarCraft II...until I consistently hit Master League and achieved what I wanted to achieve. Since then, I'm on and off.
    Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Quests...and more quests.
    Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. See above.
    Final Fantasy X...well, spoiler below.
    Spoiler:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • For me it was definitely Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu (Genealogy of the Holy War).

While Awakening was a close second, this game provided many moments of shock, betrayal, and heartful moments when it came to character's deaths, or just general plots throughout the story. It was really amazing how they did it; while Fire Emblem doesn't provide much opportunity to give characters development, I felt as though each and everyone one of the characters in this game were amazing, and whom I can really relate too.

Sometimes I was like, 'oh that son of a...!' as well as 'OMG NO!' throughout the story! Ah, I really hope that future Fire Emblem games would follow Genealogy's example of character developing, as well as sticking to their overall original gameplay! The maps in this game are really amazing, and they make me in tuned on using my head on strategy to save towns and villages, and conquering castles, and feeling frustrated whenever I lose an ally or failed to save a town, hehe. ;o;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Basically any game I've played with a grinding-based skill system has broken me. The most notable examples from the past are Runescape and Skyrim, both of which took up far more of my time than is probably healthy, but even games like League of Legends have had this effect recently. When I'm so close to leveling up I just can't stop myself from pushing it over the edge, regardless of whether it's 5 am or I'll be late for lectures - I guess I'm a bit of an achievement addict? :D

Back