• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that you're apparently "too young" to have played

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    One game that I did play, was Doom for the PSX, and I was only 5, and it was rated 18. The cyberdemon really scared me as a little kid xD

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I don't think I ever had any limitation for any game I played. Except for SSBB. FOr some reason it got a T rating. (Perhaps because of the VERY MINOR MASTER HAND BLEEDING in Subspace that you only saw for a total of 12.5 seconds.) My came close to raging and returning the game, because I was 11 years old and I WAS PALYING A T RATED GEAM.
    Also a couple of years back when I purchased an Xbox along with Modern Warfare 2, the guy at the counter gave me the face of "Oh great, another stupid kid online".

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I can't really recall if there were any games that I played that I was "too young for"... though I may or may not have had something like GTA: Vice City a little too young. Honestly can't remember... heh. I may have had Metal Gear Solid a little too early, as well. But again, my memory is hazy on that far back. Geez, I sound so old... D=

Speaking of, I mostly have trouble with people saying I'm too old for games-- including Pokemon, because its something people seem to group with childhood. At least in the case of my family. I guess there are just some people who will never understand...

Sir Codin

Bloody. Gory. Violent. Contained lots of colorful imagery. Played it when I was 5. Had one hell of a time.

I'm also enjoying loads and loads of 8-bit and 16-bit games right now that have been around longer than I've been alive. Nothing wrong with it.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
    Years
    Correct me if I am mistaken, but you do not mean people said that six is too young to play Pokemon, rather you mean that being 12-13 is too young to have played Pokémon Crystal since it was released in the nineties. If I am right, this really has nothing to do with being five and playing GTA or other examples like that I saw. But you really are not to young to have played Crystal. I was born in '96, and I played Silver and Blue when I was six and seven respectively. ('02 and '04). You can never be too young to have played a game, considering that every game is available for purchase somewhere online, and most are available for free.

Cid

Years
    As Jolteon said there can be two meanings for this question: being too young to have reached the time a game was released or relatively popular yet still having played it; and being too young for the demographic of a certain game you've played. I don't mind whichever was meant so I'll answer both.

As for the first one, I don't think such a thing exists. Like most of you said you're not really limited to playing the games made after you were born, as much as that was the norm. But to stick to that question, I have played a lot of NES games like Super Mario Bros., Ice Climber and Balloon Fight back then even though the PSX and even the PS2 were more in-time with my "conscious" age. I suppose we got the older consoles way past their popularity. Even in emulators, I still play games way older than me.

Me being too young to have played games from a certain demographic though? I have experienced that. A childhood friend of mine a few years older than me enjoyed violence way more than me, even before violence was evidently prolific in media like it seemingly is now. So at around eight years old during pretend trips to an arcade of sorts, I've played Grand Theft Auto: Vice City in another house, obviously not a very appropriate game to play for kids like us. And I couldn't say it was something my parents were happy about.

Back