• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you can't stand!

Blacephalon

Will you survive?
Years
  • Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (and Generation II in general) are both games I simply cannot tolerate. The level distribution is horrendous as shown after Ecruteak City since, depending on which way you go, you're either a little over-leveled to where grinding is a pain or under-leveled when going the Mt. Mortar route. Johto as a region is extremely small and Kanto is nothing but an empty shell of it's former self. The Johto Pokemon also felt underused in my opinion considering only half of the gym leaders used Johto Pokemon as there aces (Morty is an exception I guess but how does that gym not have anyone using a Misdreavus?). There is more stuff I could go on but these cover some aspects as to why I dislike Generation II/HGSS as a whole.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Call of Duty, Madden, and 2k games. Mainly because I'm tired of people trading them in thinking they're worth something and they get diddly squat and think it's my fault. So it's more of an annoyance with them, and not even for gameplay. Just the people that bring them it. lol

Not a game per se, but I hate the Xbox 360 for similar reasons. People constantly call us about having issues with them (literally, I never hear any calls about any other console) and I'm just like ???? And then the wall with the 360 games is a damn mess all the time. I hate that wall. lol Work has made me hate the 360 so much, it's insane.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (and Generation II in general) are both games I simply cannot tolerate. The level distribution is horrendous as shown after Ecruteak City since, depending on which way you go, you're either a little over-leveled to where grinding is a pain or under-leveled when going the Mt. Mortar route. Johto as a region is extremely small and Kanto is nothing but an empty shell of it's former self. The Johto Pokemon also felt underused in my opinion considering only half of the gym leaders used Johto Pokemon as there aces (Morty is an exception I guess but how does that gym not have anyone using a Misdreavus?). There is more stuff I could go on but these cover some aspects as to why I dislike Generation II/HGSS as a whole.
    Some valid criticism here (although I love HGSS for the record =p), but the bolded bit I feel is most certainly rectified in HGSS. The downsized areas in Kanto in GSC (which were supposedly due to a lack of memory space) were Viridian Forest, Rock Tunnel, Mt. Moon, Seafoam Islands, and Safari Zone and Cerulean Cave cut off. Of the first four only Mt. Moon wasn't redone in full in HGSS (and tbqh Mt Moon wasn't the most enjoyable cave personally), we got a Safari Zone in Johto (with a bonus route as well to increase its size along with Pokeathlon) and a Pal Park where it was in 1st gen, and Cerulean Cave was also back in.

I'm much less keen on FIFA these days despite playing a lot of it as a kid. Not much has changed and in the case of Nintendo consoles it really hasn't changed beyond squad updates. :V

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Oooo! I just did one of these on a different forum!

-All MOBAs
    -Dark Souls
    -Survival Games
    -CoD
    -Aaaand PAYDAY 2 until they remove Microtransactions, which will then shoot back up to my top 3 games!
    -Hell any game with any microtransaction or Pay-2-Win system!

Oh, and most JRPGs

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Oooo! I just did one of these on a different forum!

-All MOBAs
    -Dark Souls
    -Survival Games
    -CoD
    -Aaaand PAYDAY 2 until they remove Microtransactions, which will then shoot back up to my top 3 games!
    -Hell any game with any microtransaction or Pay-2-Win system!
    Just curious, why Dark Souls specifically?

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • I can not stand Undertale. It is so overrated. When i first saw it, i instantly thought it was a lame rip-off of Earthbound. And in my opinion, that's what it is. I also can't stand the fanbase. The only character i find that i can STAND is Sans.

Another game i really hate is Watch Dogs. It suffers the case of good trailer, but awful game. The whole environment and feeling of the place is boring. I didn't really understand and i never actually liked the missions the game has. But those trippy digital stuff a guy sells you were so awesome.

Pokemon HeartGold. I'm cutting SoulSilver out of this because SoulSilver has Lugia in it. I really like both of them and their respective themes aswell, but... i just didn't like it. I didn't like the fact of my Pokémon being level 33+ and Trainers using level 20's. I also disliked the part of the 5th Gym, where the Gym Leader only has 2 Pokemon. One thing i can find positive though is the kickass soundtrack the game offers.

These are the games i can't stand at the moment.

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • One thing that strike my mind, it's Tetris. I hate puzzle, i hate thinking and it's blowing mah mind.. That's all, k bye..

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I used to get easily riled up about games I hated, but I don't really 'hate' games anymore. I just let people like what they like. Most obsessive game fandoms make me worry about the way were going as a species tho (hi tumblrtale).

Years
  • Sport games mostly (excluding those with nintendo and other characters like mario e.t.c) and games that have a massive population of people and lag a lot like wow (however some of them not all :)).

P.S Dark Souls probably because it's a very hard game that's why he/she may hate it lol. But overall it's a very nice game

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    The one that comes to mind first is The Witcher. I was super excited about it because everybody was saying great things about it (basically, everybody made it out to be kind of like Dragon Age but with fewer dialogue choices because the MC had his own personality instead of whatever the player made it, which is fine since I'm used to that anyway).

Then I started playing it, and was like, "WTF clunky controls? Super-slow everything?" It played like a drunken elephant trying to perform Swan Lake. Fortunately, I mitigated the worst problems with some mods, to a point, and managed to make the gameplay somewhat bearable.

But as I continued playing, I began to notice something--literally everybody in the game, except for that one dwarf friend of the MC's, that redheaded nurse woman, and that detective guy
    Spoiler:
    is completely unlikable. It wasn't even that they were just rude to the MC because he was a Witcher, they were objectively awful people. I made it as far as the city and did a few quests there, but I eventually just said "Forget it, I don't care about this world, let it and everybody in it die in a fire," and quit playing. There is a difference between a dark world and one that is so assholish that it would be a mercy to wipe it from existence.

Yes, I'm bitter. I tried so hard to give it a chance and I really wanted to like it, but I just couldn't.

Killua

Hmm FF1 was stupidly hard by the start and i only finished it this year.
    Pay to win games
    But the popular ones that i hate are COD, WWE and PES

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I mostly can't stand Call of Duty. Mostly for its extremely franchise-oriented release schedule. I don't think it's a sign of quality to be releasing a new entry every single year. Same goes for Assassin's Creed I suppose, but I've actually played AC and just found myself not enjoying the experience at all. I honestly don't see the appeal.

Years
  • I mostly can't stand Call of Duty. Mostly for its extremely franchise-oriented release schedule. I don't think it's a sign of quality to be releasing a new entry every single year. Same goes for Assassin's Creed I suppose, but I've actually played AC and just found myself not enjoying the experience at all. I honestly don't see the appeal.

That's definitely shareholder pandering by having a consistent release that they know will sell. Hell, at one point 5 or 6 years ago, Bobby Kotick outright said that Activision wasn't interested in series that they couldn't release yearly (though they've been very hands off with Blizzard itself, interestingly enough, but that's probably because of WoW and, more recently, Hearthstone).

As for me, I can't think of any titles I can't stand off the top of my head (there probably are a couple, though).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Undertale.

Not the game itself, just the toxic fanbase that pisses me off. Take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcizm6s15E4
    Game Grumps tweeted they would resume Undertale episodes in a few days, so they upload another game to fill the slot. As a result, that fanbase starts disliking the video because they'll be damned if they don't get their daily dose.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I've never liked Counter-Strike: Global Offensive at all. They're mostly over it now, but many of my friends had a yearlong phase where that was all they wanted to play, and they kept wanting me to play it with them.
    I like most FPS games a lot, but that's a big exception.

Oh and Call of Duty. Ew.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Not much I can think of. Since I'm a fan of sandbox games in general, I'm okay with sports games (but it's especially sports management games), GTA and so on. I'm neutral about FPSs and games which are notorious for fanbases (e.g. FNAF, Undertale) though.

There's actually one trend which I really can't stand, which is the _____ Simulator joke simulator games which are spammed often on Steam. I'm not talking about general simulators like Euro Truck Simulator 2, I'm talking about these stupid joke simulator games which are on Steam just to get the attention of obnoxious Let's Players on YouTube due to the success of Goat Simulator and Surgeon Simulator without knowing what makes these two games funny. I'm looking at you, Grass Simulator and more joke simulator games that are soon to be spammed onto Steam.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • I know this may come as a shock considering my username, but I'm honestly 9000% done with the Five Night's series. A lot of it was fans ruining the game by not talking about anything but this series, but it honestly was mostly because I feel the quality of the games kept dropping with every installment. What I liked about the original game became so watered down and people got more interested in the plot than ever and it just felt that the creator decided to focus more on that than on the scares. I don't hate this series, but I'm very over it, to the point of being slightly annoyed with it. Other than this, though... Mobile games that get adds too frequently, a la Clash of Clans? I guess? I don't really dislike any games too strongly.

Back