• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you will never finish

pkmin3033

Finally, someone said it.

I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever finish Skyrim. I've had it for years and I just...can't be bothered. xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Finally, someone said it.

I'm beginning to wonder if I will ever finish Skyrim. I've had it for years and I just...can't be bothered. xD
    oh yeah, i never finished Oblivion either. there's just So Much To Do and it never ends.

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
    Years
  • 4 me The games that I never finish are:
    Pokemon SM/USUM, Guilty Gear Judgment, Dragon Quest 7 and Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Minecraft, doubt I would have the patience to do everything necessary to reach or even defeat the Ender Dragon without going on Creative Mode

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Cave Story. The true ending on Normal, at least. I just don't think I'm that good at platformers. I last went through some of the game on Easy Mode, but I don't know if I'll ever be motivated enough to play it again.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Confession time.

...Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Grill me for it if you want I guess, haha.
    I picked it up for a trip I went on (because video games make travel way better) and I tried my best to keep playing it. I love Mystery Dungeon and I even adore Gates to Infinity but I just could not play SMD. It felt like the plot never picked up after several hours (I talked to a friend about this and he told me apparently I was still in the tutorial section? After like, 5 or 6 hours?) and it felt like the game just tried to cram so many new or interesting mechanics I couldn't keep up with and never once cared about it. It got to that point where since I was playing it because I was interested in Mega Evolution, I just thought "it's just gonna be some weird hard to understand gimmick isn't it?" and lost all my interest. Every dungeon I went through felt like a slog until I was finished so I could save the game and stop playing. I want to give it another chance one day! I'm just unable to right now.

Other than that, another game I'll probably never finish is Love Live School Idol Festival All Stars, because it's a mobile gacha game I play daily and don't spend much money on. Stuff is still releasing for it consistently and it probably won't stop updating any time soon. The game can be pretty grind-heavy and you don't really get enough resources to level up the amount of cards you get if you're free to play. And do gacha games really have an "end"?
    Not that I want it to end. I don't.

Years
  • dunno if i'd say never, but i still haven't finished octopath traveler, or switch tales of vesperia, and i haven't even gotten started on hollow knight, so....

will i beat them someday? probably. just maybe not anytime soon. i only have so much time, attention span and motivation. :c

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Sleeping Dogs. I like the plot, setting and gameplay, but the combat is such a turn-off for me. Bought it over a year ago and still haven't finished it.

Years
  • Kingdom Hearts 3. It skewed more toward its Disney heritage than any other KH game I've played before. It felt most obvious in its writing and dialogue. I got through a good amount of Tangled before I was just, like, "nah..".

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    Kingdom Hearts 3. It skewed more toward its Disney heritage than any other KH game I've played before. It felt most obvious in its writing and dialogue. I got through a good amount of Tangled before I was just, like, "nah..".

It just doesn't have the same charm the first two games had. Feels empty and soulless.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Oh dear, I have a category in my Steam library called "In progress" that currently holds eight games... some of which haven't been played since 2019. I think I'm still going to finish them... maybe? :D

Then there is also Crosscode, which is repetitive and frustrating enough that I drop it after 2-10 hours of playing but then keep picking it up after several months because it is interesting enough in some ways... so I guess I'll have that finished sometime 2024-ish. :')

As for games I am not going to pick up again: Disgaea had this weird council bribe mechanic that was just plain boring, time-consuming and very uninteresting. That kind of halted the game for me, sadly. It's very frustrating that I had to drop it because of one stupid aspect, because there is a lot to love in the game.

Back