• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GameStop Deoxys

Years
    Eh? So... is that how people can get more than one pokemon from these events, like the ones that got like 8 Darkrai's from the TRU gig? o.o

No, deleting the wonder card does not allow you to do the event again. Along with the wondercard, the download puts some sort of mark on your save file to mark that you have done the event already.

Years
    between myself (4) my wife (2) and my son (2) we have 8....

but there are a few ways to do it. most commons are

1) download pokemon, trade to a different game pack, reset first game pack, download pokemon, rinse and repeat.

2) save your game state to a PC before you claim your darkrai, but after you recieved the wonder card. Download darkrai, transfer to a different game pack, restore game save, rinse and repeat.

Kratos_Aurion88

Waiting for the GSC Remake
    Years
    between myself (4) my wife (2) and my son (2) we have 8....

but there are a few ways to do it. most commons are

1) download pokemon, trade to a different game pack, reset first game pack, download pokemon, rinse and repeat.

2) save your game state to a PC before you claim your darkrai, but after you recieved the wonder card. Download darkrai, transfer to a different game pack, restore game save, rinse and repeat.
    Good lord man, what do you need 4 game cards for?:laugh:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Good lord man, what do you need 4 game cards for?:laugh:

He must like D/P... alot.

But that a good idea. After all, you only need the Pokedex to participate in the event. And unlike the Darkrai Event, not only is it the whole day, but it happens 2 weekends. A perfect opportunity to snag as many Deoxys as possible. Unfortunately, I only have 1 Diamond and 1 Pearl (1 for me and my bro). And neither of us wants to restart our game or buy a new game. So I guess we're only getting 1 Deoxys.

Years
    I have 1 diamond and pearl that i will plug into my AR and test codes, try things and stuff, and 1 diamond and pearl that never touches my AR.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Bleh, nobody does that. The easy way is to just save 20 or so D/P ROMs to a flashcart, and then download the Poke 20 times (one per save).

Of course, what are you going to do with that many Deoxii?

CheeChee

Future Lendary Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    I'm Going to Gamestop!!!!! ME WANT IT!!!!!! (Is it f-free?)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Bleh, nobody does that. The easy way is to just save 20 or so D/P ROMs to a flashcart, and then download the Poke 20 times (one per save).

Of course, what are you going to do with that many Deoxys?

Trade them away, perhaps? And how is creating 20 different directories and copying the ROM 19 times, likely leaving little to no room for anything else, easy?

I'm Going to Gamestop!!!!! ME WANT IT!!!!!! (Is it f-free?)

Yes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Trade them away, perhaps?

Well... for what? Maybe it's just that I have no interest in shinies or events (especially if they're not mine).

And how is creating 20 different directories and copying the ROM 19 times, likely leaving little to no room for anything else, easy?

It just is. All you need to do is back up all the stuff currently on the cart, then copy a D/P ROM onto the cart. Rename the ROM and the save so they don't overwrite each other, then copy again until satisfied.

True Justice

Years
    Don't American and Japanese event IDs usually correspond to the date the event started?
    Ex. TRU Manaphy: Sept. 29, 2007- 09297
    ALAMOS Darkrai: May 31, 2008- 05318

So why does the Gamestp Deoxys ID say 06218 when the event starts June 20. Did they start the event 1 day early?

True Justice

Years
    The Aeroblast Deoxys may have been an error on Bulbapedia's part. They don't mention Deoxys having Aeroblast as a special move if you search Aeroblast but they do mention Darkrai having Roar of Time and Spacial Rend if you search one of those two. That Deoxys may have been a fan event, not an official event.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Bulbapedia must've screwed up, then. 'Cause on its last changes, it once said there's a way for Deoxys and Lugia to know the other's signature moves through Special Means: Lugia, after being purified in XD, and Deoxys...

Gues I can't trust Bulbapedia THAT much...

KatyaDiDGroove

Sinnoh League Champion
    Years
    • Age 42
    • NYC
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    you don't need directories just sav files and roms to match - I just use the 6 "copies" files I have for each main file , take all my freshest saves off the nite before - save all the rom saves to my computer before taking off any events, so I can reload them if I want and start creating a collection of them... But it's tiresome boring awful work - I've done it three times now for darkrai. June 1st TRU - and june 9th and 10th NWS.... Blech its an awful job - but you event collectors would have nothing to collect if not for people like us, so... yeah...

anyway does anyone know what the status on shininess for the deoxys will be? And what are the best nature (obviously the speed natures will be big) and I suppose a much more varied collection of natures than darkrai considering the various forms...

Also does anyone know what the ceiling for each stat will be?

Trade them away, perhaps? And how is creating 20 different directories and copying the ROM 19 times, likely leaving little to no room for anything else, easy?

Yes.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    = I, myself am going for a speed mix sweeper, which will be hasty. I will reset for hours if i have to, to have good iv's (atleast 20+ speed, HP, attack, and sp. attack)

@Kat, well, it depends on the form. Deoxys and its 3 forms have so many natures to choose from...

I wil be going to the event, once i find out the hours of the event.

Back