• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

garage sales

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm sitting here manning the garage sale, but no one's paying us the time of day so of course I'm sitting on the computer.

Ever had a garage sale? Make lots of money? Ever buy anything from one? Find any hidden treasures worth millions of dollars?

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I hate garage sales with a burning flaming passion. Every year my mom holds one at my Grandma's house. They always put out a bunch of useless ♥♥♥♥ that no one wants and I have to sit outside in the blazing sun while people show up and look around and buy nothing and then we end up putting everything on the Free table because no one wants anything and I hate setting it up and I hate taking everything down and UGH. I hate them so much.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • Nah, we don't do that kind of stuff in Bulgaria. I think it's more of a 'Murican tradition, or some ♥♥♥♥.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I had a garage sale once, I remember it was between four of us kids in two houses. In the end we each made exactly $40.15 each lol

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    My parents have yard sales a lot. We don't have garages in The South™. At least once every summer. Sometimes we make a few hundred, sometimes we make enough to grab fast food for dinner, lol.

And they love a good yard sale, so I've been dragged to a bazillion of them since I was little. Not all of them have been lost causes, though.. we've actually found some pretty neat vintage stuff for a couple bucks that we turned around and sold online. We found a vintage sterling silver pen last summer, (was from some fancy company, I don't remember the name) still in amazing shape, bought it for 50 cents and sold it for $120. Yard sales are fun. ^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I haven't been to any garage/yard sales since I was little, but a few years ago we held a sale, and I made a good chunk of money selling a bunch of my old books ^-^

Years
  • Nope, not once have I ever had a garage and/or a yard sale, nor have I shopped at any either. There are these neighbors in my neighborhood though that have yard sales every once in a while, and they post signs all over to advertise the sale, and it actually does bring quite a bit of traffic into our development.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The one time I had a garage sale I was a little kid and just found all my old toys and wanted to keep them....

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My family and I did have garage sales before, but personally haven't sold any of belongings. Last time they'd done one was about 12 or 13 years ago, when I was around eight. None of us keep anything in our garage, basement, or any of our storeroom, usually, because, well, we just don't like to see them messy and packed, so to speak. Whenever we don't feel like using something anymore--clothes, for example--we donate them to charity any time possible. Have I bought something from any garage sale in the past? Nope, nada. This kind of stuff always happens around my neighborhood, but I rarely go to them. If I were to purchase anything at all, though, I'd most likely limit myself to video games only.

Years
  • I can't say as I've held one myself, but I always like stopping by garage sales (especially larger community ones), as I generally seem to find some good stuff hanging around. Just off the top of my head, I've managed to pick up a limited edition Zelda DS Lite + HeartGold at one for $40, an original Xbox with 4 working controllers for $5, and a 2GB Micro SD card just a few weeks ago for 25¢.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I've never encountered a garage sale here in my country. To be honest, before I encountered the internet I literally had no idea what the hell a garage sale was.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • I enjoy the manly attendance of garage sales, but unfortunately to avail oneself of good deals one must be awake at a most unmanly hour. As a manly man, I prefer to achieve my manly sleep goals in order to remain boldly handsome.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I love seeing garage sales, but I've never really been to one. Well that's not true, I've been to like two but I was just a kid when I went to them.

My friend's mom is obsessed with them whereas I'm pretty sure I'll never buy something from a yard sale because I just don't know if something will last whereas I probably wouldn't hesitate much to buy it if I saw it in the store.

Years
  • My family has probably held one garage sale, total. We aren't that big on it, but neither is most of the people in our neighborhood. Garage sales are a pretty rare occurrence around here, so when one does pop up they're usually pretty well received. Hasn't been for a while though, and we usually never actually purchase anything, simply go to check out what's in the inventory.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    I lived in an apartment until I was twelve, then the family moved to a townhouse, so we never actually had our own garage/yard to do that kinda stuff. Even if we did I doubt we would find much to sell, my mom and I are both major packrats and we keep all our old books, games, clothes, trinkets, etc.

When my brothers moved from their house, they had a garage sale and I took all their old PC games and some random car ornaments. I think that was the only garage sale I've ever been to.

Years
  • My mom has always proposed doing a garage sale because I have a significant amount of items lying around my room that aren't really useful and are just taking up space, but we never got around to it and probably never will \: It'd be a good idea since it would free up some space in my room. In terms of going to garage sales, I used to ride around with my cousins and their parents when we were younger. Ever since moving 7-8 years ago to another neighbourhood, I've rarely seen them.

Years
  • I've never held a garage sale before but I've been to a couple. I like looking around in Op Shops for books and other things, so I like to browse a garage sale every now and then. Garage sales can be a bit awkward though and often they expect way too much for useless stuff.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • My mom has had them before. People come and look, then they walk off like we are selling junk or something. =.= It's frustrating because the ones who come are so picky about what they are actually looking for. I've sold a few of my things before, but it wasn't a whole lot either. I guess maybe she could have had more reasonable prices... but still. People always expect things to be a buck or something too.

Anyway, it's gotten to the point where my mom has actually given up on having garage sales anymore too.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Yeah, had one once. Teamed up with my friend's family and mine and made like $50. Not a lot of people came by, but we sold a lot of my old books and my parents' old smaller furniture.

Back