• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Garbodor VS [Sawsbuck]

Sawsbuck or Garbodor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    IOdLU.png

Another Weekly Poll! :B & This time I bring to y'all, Sawsbuck VS Garbodor.

pokeball_gray.jpg
    Which one gives you the better impression & why?
    pokeball_gray.jpg
    Which Dream World art do you prefer?
    pokeball_gray.jpg
    Which Sawsbuck form do you like best?
    pokeball_gray.jpg
    Against each other, which one would win the battle?
    pokeball_gray.jpg
    Sawsbuck (any of the forms) or Garbodor?

Discuss, Discuss, Discuss!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Garbodor! I think it looks better, it has a better typing and its generally a more interesting Pokemon. :3 Plus it'd totally beat Sawsbuck in a battle. I think Garbodor would get a lot better press if they hadn't of made its mouth and face so derpy D:

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Sawsbuck because of its more promising capabilities as a fast and rather menacing physical sweeper not to mention that Garbador feels more like a Muk rehash if anything. That and I like the unique typing of Sawsbuck as well.

Garbador because I've never seen a pile of trash pose so proudly before.

The Spring Form. Simple yet elegant.

Garbador would win imo due to the type advantage and bulk which would probably end up saving it from a Jump Kick from Sawsbuck if the Jump Kick wasn't a Critical Hit first.

In the end I'm going with Sawsbuck. Deer tend to be more appealing to the eye than trash and I'm a rather harsh critic when it comes to appearances.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • I'm not sure how those two are related, but I'll answer it anyway. XD

Sawsbuck gave me a better impression, as it comes off as regal and collected, and I prefer to be with clean stuff. I like the winter form of Sawsbuck best. Even though I think Garbodor is able to defeat Sawsbuck with its poison attacks, it doesn't really matter to me, because Sawsbuck is still awesome regardless.

Sawsbuck, all the way. :P

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Which one gives you the better impression & why?
    Sawsbuck. I love the concept of it changing its form with the seasons, and unique Normal/Grass typing. Whereas, Garbodor, just another Poison-type representing another type of pollution. Meh.

Again, Sawsbuck. In Garbodor's pose, it just looks like "Rawr! I'm a pile of trash! Fear me!" Sawsbuck looks like "Meh, I'm a deer. Your argument is invalid."

Winter. The white tufts of fur look awesome, imo.

Sawsbuck used Nature Power! Nature Power turned into Earthquake! It's super-effective! The foe's Garbodor fainted!

Sawsbuck, hands down.

And I'll add this much: Sawsbuck has access to Chlorophyll. This means Sawsbuck rapes in sunshine. Again, your argument is invalid.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I like Sawsbuck a lot more in terms of design, and that includes its Dream World art. Specifically, I like its Spring form because it's so simple and there are pretty flowers. But I'd have to say Garbodor would definitely beat Sawsbuck, mainly because of its type advantage and its ability to take any hit Sawsbuck can throw at it.

Years
    Sawsbuck is definitely more visually appealing in my opinion, but from playing White I find that Garbodor is harder to beat in battle most times (thus is better to use, in battle). That and the obvious type advantage. So in terms of looks, Sawsbuck wins, but in terms of practicality, Sawsbuck wins.
    Sawsbuck.
    I think I like the Summer form the best, as I very much like all the green leaves on his antlers. Just.. 'cuz.
    Garbodor, the type advantage makes that a given.
    Errrrrrrrrr.. I guess Sawsbuck Summer form, because it looks better than Garbodor, altogether. Meaning I'd lose the battle, but whatever.

Years
  • Which one gives you the better impression & why? Sawsbuck, I like its design better and I actually use one on my main Black team.
    Which Dream World art do you prefer? I like Sawsbuck, looks natural.
    Which Sawsbuck form do you like best? Winter Form, I love the fluffy white fur.
    Against each other, which one would win the battle? Garbodor would beat Sawsbuck going by type advantages but the 'Buck does have some tricks up its sleeve, including a great STAB Return.
    Sawsbuck (any of the forms) or Garbodor? Sawsbuck. Mine can use Return and Horn Leech like a champ.

586-winter.gif

Yeah, I'm a Sawsbuck girl. Sorry Garbodor fans...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I don't really care about any of them but I voted Garbodor because its design makes me lol.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Garbodor is one of the few pokemon ever created that I wish wasn't. As far as Sawsbuck I like that it showcases the seasonal changes through it's form, otherwise it strikes me as a generic deer like Stantler.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Which one gives you the better impression & why?: Sawsbuck, because it can change forms with the seasons. All 4 forms have better designs than Garbodor, who doesn't look too good, IMO.

Which Dream World art do you prefer?: I like Sawsbuck's DW art.

Which Sawsbuck form do you like best?: The Spring form.

Against each other, which one would win the battle? : As much as I hate to say it, Garbodor. But then, in the appropriate environment, Sawsbuck can use Nature Power (as Earthquake) to take it out.

Sawsbuck or Garbodor?: Sawsbuck.

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years

Defenatly Sawsbuck, when I first saw this pokemon it was my fave Unova pokemon. And it's still one of my fave, it defiantly looks, and gives a better impression than ugly Garbodor.

I like the Sawsbuck one, the Garbador one was.... okay, but Sawbuck is waaaaaay better looking in all way's. And the dream world art 2.

I like the Spring form, all those cute flower's. But I like all of them as much, but yea... if I had to pick one it would be spring form.

Hate to say it but Garbodor. Poison is effective against grass so it would have the upper advantage.

SAWSBUCK!!!!!! spring form. ^^

Kae Kyo

you're like oxygen to me.
    Years
  • Sawsbuck gives off the best impression at first glance especially in it's Dream World art, however I do find Garbodor to me more intriguing than anything just because it's quite the unique one. The Winter Sawsbuck tends to be my favorite since Winter is my favorite season behind Spring. Overall, I think Garbodor will win in a showdown between the two mainly because of the type advantage, although Sawsbuck has access to Nature Power which can be quite dangerous to Gabodor. I'd say it comes down to how you decide to play each of them.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Sawsbuck got my vote 100%. It gave a much better first impression to me than Garbodor ever could. Sawsbuck looks quite good in its forms that aren't winter, whereas Garbodor looks bad, all the time. I don't like either of their Dream World art but I like Garbodor's less than Sawsbuck's. Sawsbuck's spring form is definitely the most appealing to me. The little flowers and the less leaves and fur looks good. In a battle, the only reason why Garbodor would ever win is because of a type advantage. So that is why I like Sawsbuck better, it is actually useful competitively and in-game, whereas Garbodor is useless in both.

Mr. Magius

  
    Years
  • Which Dream World art do you prefer?
    Again, Sawsbuck. In Garbodor's pose, it just looks like "Rawr! I'm a pile of trash! Fear me!" Sawsbuck looks like "Meh, I'm a deer. Your argument is invalid."
    You actually made Garbodor sound more like the victor in that one..

I'd say Garbodor. Most people prefer Sawsbuck, but I think Garbodor looks like such a tank and looks like it can take on anything. It also reminds me of Muk.

Garbodor, because it looks more menacing. Sawsbuck doesn't look like its in a natural pose.

Autumn - it looks so majestic and royal.

Garbodor, hands down, but ya never know!

I'd have to go with Garbodor. Reminds me of Muk without even sharing any resemblances, so +9001 for indirect nostalgia.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Sawsbuck. I love its design (especially the Spring form. So leafy and such.) also, Horn Leech is awesome. Plus, cool typing and such.

Garbodor... Hm... Is good, I guess.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Sawsbuck. As far as deer Pokemon go, he looks a lot more badass than Stantler. Garbordor, well, we threw something resembling Garbordor in the dumpster the other day.

Haven't seen DW art, but since I can't imagine Garbordor looking attractive in any way, Sawsbuck wins by default.

Spring. It's the flowers :) And it corresponds with my favorite IRL season.

Garbordor gets type advantage, sadly.

Sawsbuck, especially spring form.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Garbodor is a cayootie. I like Sawsbuck too, but in all its art, it looks sad/mad/snooty/stuck up etc. lol Garbodor has a cool cry and I think it looks cuddly. I hate both their typing, though. Normal/anything other than Flying always seems weird to me, and Poison is just not much better. SO. Squishy squashy smelly stinky Garby.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    As much as I don't really like either of them, I'm gonna go with Garbodor (hah Luke will be happy) because I like its typing better and its shape, face and.. attitude? Like Sydian here said Sawsbuck always looks sort of snooty (hahah I love that word it's perfect). I do like its spring form though but still going with Garbodor.

Back