• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gary or Ash

Ash or Gary

• Ash

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • Gary

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I have to say Ash, even though they made him WAY to mature in the new series

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    stupid people -_-gary is the stupid retardet idiotic(whatever retarded means @~@) taking out the r spells gay which gary is...gay(whatever gay means@~@/XD)ash is better than gary!gary is retired as a pokemon trainer anyway

also hikarii...ash is may's

Soul-Music

Nurse in the making!
    Years
    grandadvanceshipper said:
    stupid people -_-gary is the stupid retardet idiotic(whatever retarded means @~@) taking out the r spells gay which gary is...gay(whatever gay means@~@/XD)ash is better than gary!gary is retired as a pokemon trainer anyway

also hikarii...ash is may's

Do you really have to bash any character or people before you answer a topic?

Ahem...

Ash definitely! He's cool and pretty determined. And beside I can see multiple personalities in him (personal perception), that's about it.

Years
    Ash or Gary?

I'm not voting because of two reasons.

1: Gary first makes himself out as an arrogant jerk at the start of the series and his skills as a Pokemon trainer could wipe the floor with Ash and all of his unevolved Pokemon.

2: Ash has been the show forever and is makes himself look like an idiot sometimes, which is good, but he never gets any cool Pokemon and when he does get a new one, they never evolve!!

So... I'm split on this one.

Deathspector

I'm so hardcore, I'm "X"-rated
    Years
    grandadvanceshipper said:

Listen dude, I don't know whether you're being sarcastic or not, but not knowing what retarded menas is just sad. Of course, it also means you're a retard. there's no reason to diss Gary that much. Look at everyone else. They're just poiting out their point of views without insulting the other character.

Now that that's over and doen with, I'd like to state one more thing. This isn't just a poll, but a debate thread, and I want everyone to keep on debating. Go for it!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 15, 2007
    I'd choose Gary over Ash anyday. Gary seems to be more serious, not to mention he has Umbreon, which is a pokemon I really like. As for Gary's starter pokemon, i don't have a clue and would rather not think about it seeing as I would probably hurt my head....><.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ...... o.o Some of these answers are strange.... *cough* But anyway.... as annoying as Ash can be sometimes... (I'm sorry Veronica Taylor!! I'm soooorry!!) I still like him better then Gary. Because Ash is awesome... Not that Gary isn't, I just like Ash better.

Karrit

Vulpix Master
    Years
    • Age 45
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    I prefer Ash, even though he is immature sometimes. Gary just annoyed me.

Nodroz

Gorgonzola Cheese! XD
    Years
    Wow. I'm surprised Gary has more votes than Ash. Anyway, I've gotta go with Gary. He made a great rival. He was intelligent, skillful, level headed, and had some awesome Pokemon. I also found his arrogance and the way he mocked Ash highly amusing. As for Ash, he irritates the hell out of me.

Years
    I'm not the biggest Ash fan around, but I chose Ash over Gary. I really just find Gary's attitude, more towards the first few seasons, not so much around Johto, to be rather annoying. He was concieted, in a way. I just don't tend to like people like that.

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    Ash is the most annoying main character ever, but the whole show is based on emotional cheeziness where u must be friendly with the pkmn. In this case ash will always be the better trainer as he cares more...

Mari-Ashley

http://www.ashketchum.nl
    Years
    Ash. Definitely. Although I disliked Gary in the beginning, he changed in a positive way. But then again, Ash also changes throughout the series.
    I just got a thing for Ash that won't go away. <3

Raze-finiarel

Moon Gazer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2006
    I pick Gary because...I...love Umbreon *Begins to twitch* [insert maniacal laughter here] o_0

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Ash all the way^^ he's got great pokemon which sadly eh left bhind and not to mention he has a glalie!!! he has an awesome personality and is cute^^ it's a triple threat!! ;)

blastoise>you

blahblahblah
    Years
    To me, Gary was better. He had an attitude almost like Ash didn't really matter. He had more pokemon, and he actually lets them evolve. Maybe I would choose Ash if he caught pokemon instead of trying to help them.

AAMLrox

Super Kawaii! ^_^
    Years
    Definitely Ash because i think he's just more likeable than Gary... and Gary always annoyed me -_-

Anyway, what happened to Gary?

Back