• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Gary's Mod (Beta 2 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
Years
  • Mega's at the time where they did not even know gen 2 existed (in story wise) O.o
    Interesting though i wonder how that would change the PL if gary really used megas when we were playing r/b/y/fr/lg XD
    Still makes the rom all more fun
    Even with the fairy types

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • For me ir helped to save the note about team rocket for last
    Checked everything on the back and did that last
    Then oak returned

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • God i am loving this promo pichu
    Pichu iz already one of my fave's
    So an pichu with high stats thay never evolves with a movepool that includes volt tackle and iron tail (i am still training for the first gym so its only lvl 14)
    Best promo over

This has made me decide to also include promo's if i ever get my hack to work (keep running i to a game breaking issue right off the bat while all o did was add some image data for fairy and a custom type)
    Though currently i am pretty much struggeling not to use pichu, i want to make it a promo as its one of my faves but i dont want to rip yours off XD

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • Odd, seems like the game has various means to trigger the event
    First time i tried i just went left to right but no dice
    It did came with the ! When i read the rocket notoce but notjing further
    I reatarted9 the game and did the rocket notice last and it went perfectly

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • So i got to mount moon
    Great additional section btw

And at the top i got the helix fosile as it was the only one there
    Nwver found the dome fossile while that one was my preferred choice
    So now i wamt to ask, can i still get it layer or do i jave to start over and if so where do i need to go then?
    Not rhat i want to start over but i do want the dome fossil so....

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • Ah thanks

I jyst notoced something odd

My fearow was poisoned and survived it
    Right after getting that message i got the following

"Its mister fuji's diary"

Followed by something that went by so fast i had to open a menu system of my android emulator in order to read it
    "It seems someone rips out some pages"

Edit
    Text may vary a bit, took it from memory but the meaning should be the same
    I also noticed it happens each time a pokemon survived the poison status

Last edited:

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • Found an other bug
    But actually i kinda like it at this momsnt
    Using teleport
    Instead of taking me back to cerulean where i have healed a few times
    I got taken bacl to viridian city

Personaly i am thinking jeej now i dont have to wait till i can get back though diglets cave
    Though i kinda forgot what it was that i was waiting for XD
    Well i can get my omanyte and try again woth looming for a nidoran female
    Figured using the old trade route to get one but seeing how the old trades appear to be altered i figured i cant be certain so lets look for ut once more XD

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • Question
    For the heck of it i looked at some codes
    Figured walk tjough walls to get to the fossile section of the museum even though i dont have cut yet

I noticed codes that would allow me to reach navel rock and birth island
    But also a code to put an obeying mew in box 1 slot 1 with an arora tocket
    And i started to wonder
    How far are you going to implement access tp those islands and mew in this game?

Years
  • Hey TehBlazer,

amazing rom hack you created there. It's exactly what I have been looking for and even more. I really liked how you solved conflicting story problems with own story arches and the way you implemented elements from later gens like mega evolution.

I also encountered some bugs during my playthrough though:

1. Metal claw of the cubone one receives at the graveyard is bugged. When you receive it, it has 255 PP. Not too dramatic since it's fixed once you go to a Pokecenter

2. The Charmander one receives doesn't know any moves. Might be an overall Charmander problem since someone else posted a similar thing with a NPC's Charmander only knowing Struggle.

Can't wait for the next beta release. Hope you get it done soon ♥

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • Is ot normal in hacked roms or is this a bug
    I went to the notepad in the pokemarkt to fill in the mystery gift code but instead of being able to fil in the 4 words
    The question on if i want to fill it in stays in the screen and only dissapears when i leave the shop

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Finally a hack that you are able to play as Gary! Very good job!

Haha thanks, someone had to do it and I tired of waiting around.

Another small bug; a Pokemaniac (or Pokenerd, I was kind of speeding through) in Rock Tunnel had a Charmander that only used struggle. I don't know the specific trainer, I just know it was one of those two classes and he had two Pokemon. It's a small bug anyway and not a big deal, but I hope that's enough information? I should've reported it when I first saw, but I was too into the game to stop. :P

Edit: Adding on to that, I learned after receiving Charmander there's no moves for it until level 7. Not a big thing, since it's easy to train a pokemon up to that level at that point in the game, but still thought it should be pointed out.

I've fixed the Charmander move bug since somehow scratch got removed for something else, so hopefully it'll fix the trainers charmanders too haha.

cool...I been busy lately... but I will play it in the future haha

Haha I look forward to it!

You can obtain both, it's just based on luck. It took me forever to get one of each.

Another report: All of the opponents that use Megas have that Mega glitched; it's level 0 and only gives 1 exp. I didn't know if you were already aware or not. Loving the game, though.

That's odd, another mega evolution problem. Did you use patch 2.04 when you fought them or an earlier patch? Is anyone else having this issue?

Mega's at the time where they did not even know gen 2 existed (in story wise) O.o
    Interesting though i wonder how that would change the PL if gary really used megas when we were playing r/b/y/fr/lg XD
    Still makes the rom all more fun
    Even with the fairy types

Haha I kind of took a page from the Origins mini series where they integrated mega evolution and I took it a step further with fairy type.

Really wanna play this ROM hack but no matter what I do, Oak won't return to the lab at the start of the game.

Interacted with literally everything many times. :(

I've fixed this for future patches but basically if you move after interacting with an object it'll skip over the script and leave you permanently trapped there. So for anyone reading this and is having the same issues, just wait a couple of seconds after interacting with the stuff so you don't accidentally skip it.

Small bug: The level on my eevee 5, instead of lv5

Haha thanks, it's a known tiny issue.

God i am loving this promo pichu
    Pichu iz already one of my fave's
    So an pichu with high stats thay never evolves with a movepool that includes volt tackle and iron tail (i am still training for the first gym so its only lvl 14)
    Best promo over

This has made me decide to also include promo's if i ever get my hack to work (keep running i to a game breaking issue right off the bat while all o did was add some image data for fairy and a custom type)
    Though currently i am pretty much struggeling not to use pichu, i want to make it a promo as its one of my faves but i dont want to rip yours off XD

Well I stole it from Nintendo first so you'd just be stealing from a stealer hha.

Ah thanks

I jyst notoced something odd

My fearow was poisoned and survived it
    Right after getting that message i got the following

"Its mister fuji's diary"

Followed by something that went by so fast i had to open a menu system of my android emulator in order to read it
    "It seems someone rips out some pages"

Edit
    Text may vary a bit, took it from memory but the meaning should be the same
    I also noticed it happens each time a pokemon survived the poison status

Interesting. I did implement the BW poison system so once your Pokemon hits 1 HP while poisoned it gets magically cured but I'm not sure where that text is coming from...

Found an other bug
    But actually i kinda like it at this momsnt
    Using teleport
    Instead of taking me back to cerulean where i have healed a few times
    I got taken bacl to viridian city

Personaly i am thinking jeej now i dont have to wait till i can get back though diglets cave
    Though i kinda forgot what it was that i was waiting for XD
    Well i can get my omanyte and try again woth looming for a nidoran female
    Figured using the old trade route to get one but seeing how the old trades appear to be altered i figured i cant be certain so lets look for ut once more XD

Haha well Nidoran F is in the same location as the vanilla games, I rarely touch the wild pokemon data. :P

Question
    For the heck of it i looked at some codes
    Figured walk tjough walls to get to the fossile section of the museum even though i dont have cut yet

I noticed codes that would allow me to reach navel rock and birth island
    But also a code to put an obeying mew in box 1 slot 1 with an arora tocket
    And i started to wonder
    How far are you going to implement access tp those islands and mew in this game?

I will be using the map space but not the actual maps themselves. So Navel Rock and Birth Island will be completely different areas, and the tickets will probs be repurposed as well haha.

Hey TehBlazer,

amazing rom hack you created there. It's exactly what I have been looking for and even more. I really liked how you solved conflicting story problems with own story arches and the way you implemented elements from later gens like mega evolution.

I also encountered some bugs during my playthrough though:

1. Metal claw of the cubone one receives at the graveyard is bugged. When you receive it, it has 255 PP. Not too dramatic since it's fixed once you go to a Pokecenter

2. The Charmander one receives doesn't know any moves. Might be an overall Charmander problem since someone else posted a similar thing with a NPC's Charmander only knowing Struggle.

Can't wait for the next beta release. Hope you get it done soon ♥

Haha thanks, I'm thinking that's just an issue with JPAN's custom Pokemon engine but it's good to note for future reference.

Is ot normal in hacked roms or is this a bug
    I went to the notepad in the pokemarkt to fill in the mystery gift code but instead of being able to fil in the 4 words
    The question on if i want to fill it in stays in the screen and only dissapears when i leave the shop

I haven't touched the Mystery Gift stuff just because I find it so unnecessary so I'd recommend not interacting with that. I already have Pokecenter promos, can't give you guys too much stuff now. :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary's Mod (Beta 2 Released!)

Hate going through Diglett's Cave? Him too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back