• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GB Sounds glitch!

Years
    (I published this glitch in many other forums, all of them under the name "TheOriginalOne")

Hi there, I was playing SoulSilver, and I was arguing with my sister because I wanted the GB Sounds on and she didn't. So, I discovered this glitch thanks to that.

Here's what you have to do:

-Fly to Cinnabar Island;
    -Head south and start surfing;
    -Head east to Route 20;
    -Turn on the GB Sounds;
    -Head west to Cinnabar Island;
    -Turn off the GB Sounds.

Now, there shall be no music. Frightening, isn't it?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I might test this out myself but if anyone else wants to do so first go ahead. I can't help but be a bit sceptical as it sounds a bit similar in terms of steps to the old Missingno trick in RB... unless it happens in similar locations and just glitches due to changing routes/towns confuses it.

Years
    I've got HeartGold, but I tested this out myself and it works, as long as the GB Sounds isn't one of your two key items. The game doesn't play any music (even along Route 21) until you either get into a battle or stop surfing, but the sound effects still work.

I also tried this glitch out between Routes 19 and 20, Route 21 and Cinnabar and even Route 41 and Cianwood but the background music continued playing like normal, so it must be exclusive to that area. It's strange how the music will stop here, but it won't when trying it in similar places.

Back