• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GB Sounds: On or Off?

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I don't use GB Sounds often. I think the GB audio on HGSS is just... grating on the ears on DS hardware. I would rather take the new remixes that sound so much better in my opinion.

So, the only occasion where I use GB Sounds is when I get really bored.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    There are times when I feel like having it on. Usually i turn it on when I reach the E4. I loved it back then!

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Lol, the nostalgia in this thread.
    I don't really enjoy the 8-bit music anymore now that I've been spoiled by the much higher-quality remakes of the songs in HG/SS. It kind of gets annoying after a while too, and if I wanted to hear it, I would start up my Pokemon Crystal on my old Nintendo 64.

It's nice though, just to hear the difference between the old and the new. I like leaving the GB Sounds on for five minutes and switching back to the regular music - it makes me appreciate the newer music more. c:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I put it on randomly but I turn it off when I'm Victory Road because my favorite HG/SS song is Victory Road's music and I would usually keep my DSi open just to hear it

:t354:TG

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    I turn it on sometimes. I just dislike how if you turn off the game with it on, and turn it on again, it'll be off again.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    I go back and forth. The old music is great. I usually end up forgetting about turning it on. The new music's still pretty good, but some of it is just not even close to the original pieces.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    I usually turn it on whenever i want to go down nostalgia lane. I automatically turn it on whenever i go into goldenrod though.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    What are you talking about? I haven't gotten to that part of the game yet. ):

I switch between it though. Depending on what mood I'm in, I'll either be playing while listening to the new game music or the original gameboy tune.

Still, I need to beat my game to get it back again.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I prefer the GSC sounds because of all the memories of when I was a kid, playing gold.

Back