• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GBA emulator on PSP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    In various posts in this forum, people have posted about playing GBA ROMs/hacks on a PSP. What emulator is this, and how can I get it? Does it also work for GB/GBC ROMs?

- Pikachu -

teh best Pokemon
    Years
    Well there are two different emulators that you can use for the PSP to emulate GB, GBC and GBA games. For GB and GBC games you will need the emulator called RIN, and for the GBA games you will need another emulator called PSPGBA. Now as for how to actually get these emulators working on your PSP you will need to downgrade the firmware on your PSP... I suggest you search for a guide on how to do this (it's become a lot more easy to do now). And lastly if you need to know where to download these emulators either search for them on Google they shouldn't be too hard to find.

enjoy ;)

Years
    I know one emulator that I use for gba games and it's called mh gpspkai. You can find it by using google but I don't think I could give you a link. You'll need to downgrade your psp if unless you already did that.

Years
    The one I use is called gpsp, make sure not to confuse with gpsp kai,
    Its currently one of the best PSP-gba emulators around.

Google for the download. Sorry, cannot upload links yet :(
    Google gpsp v 0.9 qj (qj is where I download 90% of my psp stuff from.)
    Unzip it.

To use it, you must be running Custom Firmware.(In some cases, you must have the 1.50 kernel add-on, depending on what cfw you have.)

Download it, and place both the gpsp% and gpsp folders in the GAME150 folder, or if running on 1.50fw in GAME folder.

If running Sony Official Firmware, You must downgrade to 1.50fw and upgrade to cfw (uprading to cfw is optional.)

It will not work on any OFW PSPs.

If your psp firmware is higher than 3.50 ofw, then you must use pandora's battery and a magic memory stick, which is a whole other story. If you need help with pandora's battery, google or youtube a guide. If you need any further help, just ask!

~T

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    The one I use is called gpsp, make sure not to confuse with gpsp kai,
    Its currently one of the best PSP-gba emulators around.

Google for the download. Sorry, cannot upload links yet :(
    Google gpsp v 0.9 qj (qj is where I download 90% of my psp stuff from.)
    Unzip it.

To use it, you must be running Custom Firmware.(In some cases, you must have the 1.50 kernel add-on, depending on what cfw you have.)

Download it, and place both the gpsp% and gpsp folders in the GAME150 folder, or if running on 1.50fw in GAME folder.

If running Sony Official Firmware, You must downgrade to 1.50fw and upgrade to cfw (uprading to cfw is optional.)

It will not work on any OFW PSPs.

If your psp firmware is higher than 3.50 ofw, then you must use pandora's battery and a magic memory stick, which is a whole other story. If you need help with pandora's battery, google or youtube a guide. If you need any further help, just ask!

~T
    You don't nessecarily need to downgrade to 1.50 fw. Just use "desparter del cementario".

Google it, or go on youtube for installation intructions. If you're using Official firmware, than you should search "Make pandora without CFW"

Years
    than you should search "Make pandora without CFW"

Adding to that-If you have a friend with CFW, you use his psp to create the battery and mem-stick, the battery and mem stick together will work on any psp so far. It's rumored sony has built a new psp to end the Pandora.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    even if sony ends pandora, they're not perfect, they'll ave other hacks/exploits.

Charizard EX

Charizard EX
    Years
    gPSP can only run GBA games. If you want it, I'll attach it. It works perfectly fine. The clock works, Save\load system works but there's internal battery problem, If you experience this and the clock stops working. Tell me.
    If you want to run the game, first download it from www.3roms.com.
    extract the file and go to:
    15439_uo_gpsp_kai_32_test_8_7\UO_gpSP_kai_32_test_8_7\ms0\PSP\GAME

and copy the gPSP folder and put it in the: PSP\GAME\ folder in the memory stick.
    Put the rom in GBA\ROM\ folder in the gpsp folder

If you experience GBA bios problem, tell me!
    View attachment 15439_uo_gpsp_kai_32_test_8_7.zip

alho12

Heart Gold:0131-4210-8237
    Years
    a easy way of downloading gpsp is by going on youtube n search it there it will show u a easy vidio on how to download it

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    I'm wondering is there any way to make use the wireless system of Pokemon E/FR/LG with the PSP emu.

Just wondering...but it would be great if I have any answer. Sorry to bother anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back