• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gear Station and The Battle Subway

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • Old thread died so I'm making a new one.

Unova introduced us to the Battle Subway at Gear Station Located in Nimbasa City. What do you think about this Battle establishment more or less the equivalent to the Battle Tower of previous games? Do you like that it's the Battle Tower set in a Subway? Do you think it's too gimmicky? And finally, don't you just hate the hax of the Battle Lines? xD

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    OH GOSH THE FRIKKIN' HAX!
    I almost lost to a Maractus once with my Dragonite in that stupid subway. It's nice to still have the Tower-esque feature, but I want a frontier, I couldn't stay away from the Arcade in Platinum/HG.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A lot of hax happens in the Subway. Like Scolipede's Megahorn missing against the same Kangaskhan during separate battles 3 times in a row.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

So many darn HAXS!!!! I think i rather a tower cause there always cool and tall and i think there better lookin. Still i dont mind to much.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't use it, cause I'm too lazy to. :( I love the design of it though and as I mentioned, it reminds me a lot of the train station in Digimon Frontier.

I'd use it if I had an actual in-game team I use all the time, though. All this variation in my team is terrible. Idk I like consistency when doing things like that.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't have a team prepared to go through the subway, and even if I did, all the hax that goes on in there would probably be enough to scare me away...

And I wanted a choice of in-game partners for tag battles, not just having to be stuck with the other starting character. Maybe team up with that cute Lady or Nurse you met along your journey...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's fun, and all (although I've only done 6 battles in total). I just worry about compatability issues with the (hoped-for) kick-ass Battle Frontier in the (hoped-for) RS (or desperately hoped for E) remakes, possibly even leading to no Battle Frontier, which would be tragic.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    The concept and design is cool, but the HAX is out of this world. I managed to get 15 wins on the single train and 9 on the double train. The only one I managed to complete was the multi line, and even then Hilda's Archeops did most of the work. Also, why does only the brown line actually lead somewhere? What's the point in having a subway map if you can't even get off at the end of the line?

Back