• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gearhead on the premises

Years
  • Good evening! I am glad to see I am not the only twenty something pokemon nerd around. I grew up on red and blue, and I play a horribly translated green version on my cell phone still.

I am currently working on a personal hack using the fire red rom, and for the past few months I have been using this web site for scripting advice and the ins and out of all of the tools. I've done hacking before, but it was on Doom 2 using MS-DOS so the pokemon games are a whole new world to me. I know I will not have a problem with so many knowledgeable people on this website.

My other ongoing project is my car named Truut. I love taking stuff apart and figuring out how they work, digital or tangible!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • You just gave me the idea of naming my car...since you named yours. xD I do name my computers, though...since I'm a computer geek myself, so far I'm using three computers: Serena, Annie, and Kiara.

I grew up on Red & Blue as well...since they were both my first games. :D So you're currently hacking a Pokemon game? I think the Emulation section of the forums will be a huge help for you...if you ever need help on hacking, need a tutorial to read, or maybe download a few tools you're missing. You'll love our ROM hacking community. :) You'll meet a lot of experience hackers who will help you guide in completing a successful hack.

Taking stuff apart is my escape from boredom (besides being on here). I take apart computers, phones, and basically techy stuff. I do manage to put them back together though! don't ask why. lol

Well, anyways....WELCOME! I'm glad you're here, and I'm sure you'll love it here. We're nice and friendly. :D If you need any help with anything don't hesitate to send me or Hiidoran a message, we'd love to help. :D Have fun hacking, ok! :)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Good evening! I am glad to see I am not the only twenty something pokemon nerd around. I grew up on red and blue, and I play a horribly translated green version on my cell phone still.

I am currently working on a personal hack using the fire red rom, and for the past few months I have been using this web site for scripting advice and the ins and out of all of the tools. I've done hacking before, but it was on Doom 2 using MS-DOS so the pokemon games are a whole new world to me. I know I will not have a problem with so many knowledgeable people on this website.

My other ongoing project is my car named Truut. I love taking stuff apart and figuring out how they work, digital or tangible!

Welcome to the forums, Truut! Or, rather, Truuuuuuut! :P Heh... Think you'll know how to handle Pokémon ROM hacking? I think you will be at home in the ROM Hacking section!

Have fun around the forums!

Years
  • You just gave me the idea of naming my car...since you named yours. xD I do name my computers, though...since I'm a computer geek myself, so far I'm using three computers: Serena, Annie, and Kiara.

I grew up on Red & Blue as well...since they were both my first games. :D So you're currently hacking a Pokemon game? I think the Emulation section of the forums will be a huge help for you...if you ever need help on hacking, need a tutorial to read, or maybe download a few tools you're missing. You'll love our ROM hacking community. :) You'll meet a lot of experience hackers who will help you guide in completing a successful hack.

Taking stuff apart is my escape from boredom (besides being on here). I take apart computers, phones, and basically techy stuff. I do manage to put them back together though! don't ask why. lol

Well, anyways....WELCOME! I'm glad you're here, and I'm sure you'll love it here. We're nice and friendly. :D If you need any help with anything don't hesitate to send me or Hiidoran a message, we'd love to help. :D Have fun hacking, ok! :)
    Thus far the emulation form has been an asset to my sanity. It is nice to know that so much helpful information is in one place.

I have never thought to name my computers since I have had so many hand downs when I was little. I do not get as attached to them as I do my cars. Truut isnt too original sadly. It is the first five digits of the VIN number, and since I always have to use the vin to get engine parts I had to come up with an easy way to remember all of the digits.

I remember when I was little I took apart my furby when it stopped working. I still have his pelt lying around my closet. Oops haha.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Welcome to the forums, Truut! Or, rather, Truuuuuuut! :P Heh... Think you'll know how to handle Pokémon ROM hacking? I think you will be at home in the ROM Hacking section!

Have fun around the forums!

Thank you for the enthusiastic shoutout! The scripting has not been too difficult in of itself, but finding working links to several tools has been the fun part. There are a few correlations to pokemon and MS DOS so I am not completely lost in the dark. As you could tell I love learning how everything works so I know I'll be able to handle all of the bugs I'll encounter. :p

Last edited:

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • Yeah, you'll love the hacking part of PC. That's how I found PokéCommunity.

Sitting in the library looking for something to do. Hacking? Haven't done that in a while. Sounds interesting!

Anyway, WELCOME TO PC! :D

Back