• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Geek Squad

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hi again. Back with my rambling again. This time I want to talk about Geek Squad. Well they just left me a message telling me they couldn't fix my monitor. They are giving me one that was compatible. But the thing is I brought a new monitor two months ago! See if I didn't buy a new monitor and waited for the old one...I WOULD HAVE WAITED FOR TWO MONTHS! That is totally ridiculous! They finally fixed it. So I am going to see if I can pick up the one that they gave me. Man...what a mess. I pretty much forgotten about my old monitor. I knew they couldn't fix it...I just knew it. So they are giving me a new one. Boy...
    Now I am going to have two monitors! I was thinking maybe I should keep that one just incase this new one breaks down too. I have a backup one.

What do you guys think? Tell me your thoughts, if you want to.

Thanks for you time. Have a nice evening everyone! *waves*

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Yeah I hate Geek Squad and everyone I've ever spoken to always has a problem with them..
    Since I've converted to Mac, things have been awesome. They fix it right there on the spot for you otherwise they'll give you a new computer. It's wonderful. They replaced my battery for free! And I had been using it for a year <3

It is soo amazing <3

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • It took 2 1/2 weeks to fix a hard drive. 2 and a HALF weeks!
    I could have done it myself in about 6 hours. And that's going to the store, buying a hard drive, unscrewing the laptop, putting in the new hard drive and installing Vista.
    It would have cost me money, but I'd rather pay money than time.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I only ever use Geek Squad for one service. the Cleaning.
    I'll let them clean the gunk, dust buildup, spiders, etc.. from the inside of my computer, but if I ever need to upgrade anything I'll just do it myself. it's much safer and less time consuming (also turns out to be cheaper more often than not)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Two monitors, huh? If your desk is big enough you should try dual-screening. You get soooo much room and it makes multitasking absolutely glorious. XD;

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Kura said:
    Yeah I hate Geek Squad and everyone I've ever spoken to always has a problem with them..
    Since I've converted to Mac, things have been awesome. They fix it right there on the spot for you otherwise they'll give you a new computer. It's wonderful. They replaced my battery for free! And I had been using it for a year <3

It is soo amazing <3
    Wow, cool! I am glad they are willing to help you out. It seems that they will do great when there is a new computer involved. Or something, I don't know. It just that I really didn't get good customer service with them. It seems they didn't even know how to fix a monitor. I just wished they just gave me a new for the get go. Oh well. I am glad you didn't have bad customer service with them.

非常に高いレベル said:
    It took 2 1/2 weeks to fix a hard drive. 2 and a HALF weeks!
    I could have done it myself in about 6 hours. And that's going to the store, buying a hard drive, unscrewing the laptop, putting in the new hard drive and installing Vista.
    It would have cost me money, but I'd rather pay money than time.
    Dang...two and half weeks! There was no way I could waited that long. If I had the skill I would have done it myself. But since I don't...I would have done the same thing you did.

Gerri Shin said:
    I only ever use Geek Squad for one service. the Cleaning.
    I'll let them clean the gunk, dust buildup, spiders, etc.. from the inside of my computer, but if I ever need to upgrade anything I'll just do it myself. it's much safer and less time consuming (also turns out to be cheaper more often than not)
    Good for you! Maybe I should let them do only that. I don't think I am going to send my computer with them again. I didn't know that they can clean it for you...wow.

Lightning said:
    Two monitors, huh? If your desk is big enough you should try dual-screening. You get soooo much room and it makes multitasking absolutely glorious. XD;
    That would be totally awesome, but I don't have any space on my desk. I have a 20" right now and if they give me another 20"...that won't work too good. Unless I can move my printer, but I will need a desk for that one. I seen those people who have dual monitors. It does make everything seem so easy to do.

Back