• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Geek vs. Nerd

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Geeky. Boobies and manga (where is anime??? Dont see it) on the left.

I see exams, education, loneliness etc on the right. They are a large part of me right now but I'm not particularly fond of them.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I don't understand why Autistic is greater than Autism. I also don't understand why goths is nerdy. If anyone knows the answers to these problems of mine, please tell me.

Because the graph makes no sense. Someone pointed out the same thing with physics and #physics. Which is even worse because it's literally the same word, just one has a hash tag before it. Avoid using the graph if you want to remain clear thinking.

Also autism = nerdy/geeky? I thought it was social dysfunction? I need to stop being so damn autistic and take the joke already.

*punts*

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Well, obviously nothing's concrete or can be taken super seriously here lol. Just a rough indication to help people differentiate between the two categories and make it easier to know where they fall. :p I mean, I honestly skimmed through it and saw two words (boobies and manga) and stated my answer. The whole graph is full of stuff that doesn't make much sense anyway haha.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Ive never come across this infographic before, and i dont consider myself to be either one of those, as i dont like to think of people in "groups" in general. If i had to though, id have to place myself at around (2/4). There is some nerdy/geeky stuff above that number that i enjoy like, but its just some minor stuff and not a real tendency

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    lol I love that chart. Based off it I would say I'm def a nerd over a geek. Minus anything math, but we wont talk about that xo

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Pretty much all of the things on the geek side resonate with me and only about 7 or so on the nerd side I can relate to.

Sirfetch’d

Took me longer to understand the chart than expected, but in conclusion I am a geek! ...I think? I definitely associate more with the words on the geek scale haha. Oh well, at least there will always be a job for me at Geek Squad :D

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I don't like Apple products or Dr. Who, and that seems to put me at a disadvantage on the geek side.. But I'm too dyslexic for math and such things on the nerdy side.
    Guess I'm somewhere around Etsy for geeky and Gamer for nerdy. =p

Could someone explain to me what groceries and sneakers have to do with being geeky? Not even sneakers, just a sneaker. Am I more or less geeky for wearing two sneakers at the same time?

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
    Guys, I think I broke the graph... I played cello and I like shiny things/culture... Especially shiny cellos...

Graph.

Broke'd.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I always thought that the term "nerd" meant that you liked video games, obsessed over fandoms, etc and that the term "geek" meant that you were into science and loved doing homework. But I guess I had them backwards. xD

I'm definitely in the geek category. I obsess over fandoms, love video games and love the internet and spend most of my time on it. I've always been like this so I guess it's not going away. xD Luckily it's more accepted as normal in college rather than high school. I had a semi hard time about it in high school.

But anyways, I like being a geek. It's who I am and I enjoy it a lot more than pretending to enjoy staring at hot guys and caring what JB posted on Twitter.

I definitely am not like a nerd though. I'm not stupid but I'm not a super genius. I also hate math and science so... xD

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I would disagree with some of the plots on that graph. Being a gamer is more "geek" than "nerd." Nerds in my opinion are bookworms, jeopardy-players, the A+ student, the guys who know esoteric knowledge.

Geeks are people who go to ComicCons, Anime North, read comic books, Star Wars, gaming in general.

I am both :x I game, and I'm an A+ student. I'm a bookworm, pretty isolated from the rest of society and pretty hard about education. I enjoy my Spiderman and other superheroes, and I'm pretty tech savvy.

Yukari

Well... I'm both a geek and a nerd, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Back