• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gen 2 Graphics Compared To All Others

Do U Perfer GSC Graphics to all Overs?

• Yes

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 34 46.6%

• Total voters

Water Pokemon Trainer

Starting A New Leaf
Years
  • to put it short GSC>DPPT/RSE
    GSC were so kool i reckon they should do a remake of it but keep the sprites or maybe repose them a little

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Something about being restricted to a sixteen or so colour palette gives the games some sort of charm... especially at night (game time). I especially like how the grass is in the early games, as some kind of large mass rather than as perfectly aligned clumps.
    I think that's how Pokemon is better off — simple; gameplay-wise too, being without natures.

Exactly my thought.

Graphics does need upgrade to be like the new graphics. But it's very unlikely that after making graphics upgrades they'll be able to retain the "feel" that crystal gave me.

In fact, many sprites had poses that looked awesome, but wasn't kept later on - that's one of the "feel" I'm talking about.
    And G/S/C had actual animation of sprites rather than just stretch and skew in the games these days. G/S/C had unique and nice looking animation for every single pokemon.
    For example, I'll always prefer the pose in crystal for the sprite for Suicune and some more. And the water with 16 colours just seems to glow mysteriously in the dark.
    To me it was, and is the best.

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I adore the graphics of GSC it has a sort of '' I don't know what of special '' and of mysterious that I would hardly find in another version, also with a remake it is not the same thing.

Years
  • Yes, I completely agree, the GSC graphics are my favourite. The gameplay was better, and 16 badges, what's not to like? The graphics are fantastic!

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    i loved the old GSC graphics it brings back the good old days of pokemon the new graphics just look weird to me now

Back