• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 2 had the worst Pokemon imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben cousins

Backspacer
Years
  • The pokemon were just so uninspired i mean stanler was just a deer,remaraid was just a fish i could go on and on with dat also the pre evolutions sucked. i'm not counting gen 5 [if i did i'd say it were the worst obviously]

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    I disagree. And why arent you counting gen 5?

Demon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    im not sure what you mean by that.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    well i dont consider it part of the original series.

Why wouldn't you consider it a part of the main series? Is it because the Protagonist's are more than 10 years old or is it because the region isn't in Japan?

In my honest opinion, the Pokemon from Johto were amazing. They put alot of thought on a lot of Pokemon. For example, the starters being Mono-Typed or the Unown. Remember Kanto's Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres? They continued that legendary backstory with Lugia and (unintentionally) continued the numeral naming scheme with Entei, Raikou and Suicune (having 4, 5 and 6 edges on their crowns respectively)

In addition they completed the Gym Format by including the 7 unused Types (Flying, Bug, Normal, Ghost, Fighting (if you count the Dojo not being a Gym), Ice and Dragon) they've also introduced 2 wonderful typings that balanced the brokeness of Alakazam and Mewtwo, who basically had no weakness (it also nerfed Tauros alot, since he was the strongest Pokemon back then)

Though, I'm swaying a bit off topic here though..

ben cousins

Backspacer
    Years
  • johto had a few kickass pokemon like murkrow,tyranitar,crobat and steelix but most of the pokemon introduced in johto were pretty pointless [e.g dunsparce and shuckle],the games set in johto are great tho

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • johto had a few kickass pokemon like murkrow,tyranitar,crobat and steelix but most of the pokemon introduced in johto were pretty pointless [e.g dunsparce and shuckle],the games set in johto are great tho

Every generation needs a few dunce Pokemon, like Kanto had Magikarp, and ect.
    But its all a matter of opinion, like I like the Gen 5, Gen 3, Gen 4 Pokemon also. Every last one <3 (Well not everyone..)

Oh well, good to know!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • That's...quite silly. By all definitions a main series game is the one in the same style of gameplay as the other games considered to be main series (check), and made by the same company as well (also check). Maybe you don't like fifth gen games, and that's your opinion, but it doesn't stop Black and White being a main series game. Rumble and the typing game - not so, but BW are certainly main series.

Anyways, every generation has its fans and haters, simple as that. You may dislike 2nd gen Pokemon, and others like them more than other gen Pokemon - simply matter of opinion and one can't please everyone. However...
    The pokemon were just so uninspired i mean stanler was just a deer,remaraid was just a fish i could go on and on with dat
    Rather moot point, because this is something consistent across all generations. Rattata is just a rat, for instance. Magnemite was just a magnet (Magneton was just three magnets!). As for other gens, Seviper was just another snake for instance! Starly was just another bird! Herdier was just another dog! And so on - there are multiple instances of this for every generation. Heck - Remoraid is not the only 'just a fish' Pokemon either - you have the likes of Goldeen, Carvanha, Finneon and Basculin for instance. Hence I find that reasoning of yours to be rather flawed - again, people like/hate certain generations of Pokemon more than others, but to say it's because they're more uninspired than others without any proper backing up is somewhat silly, sorry.

Cresselia*

Ace trainer
    Years
  • Every generation has it bad Pokemon, who look too much like animals etc etc. Some people like gen I more, the others III or V, but whatever. They call that personal taste.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Every generation has it bad Pokemon, who look too much like animals etc etc. Some people like gen I more, the others III or V, but whatever. They call that personal taste.

I agree with this post 100 percent

Anyways, the only thing that I didn't like about the Generation II Pokemon was the fact that it only introduced us 100 new Pokemon, but other than that, I enjoyed the appearance of the Pokemon.

:t354:TG

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Remoraid was just a fish? What? It looks a bit more spectacular than a regular fish, and it also has a pretty cool role too (Mantine, etc). I don't think the second gen was uninspired at all, that's fifth gen imo. Herdier is just a dog and Klinklangklinkglng what is that even.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Every generation will have at least one or two Pokemon that can be classed as "bad", as a couple of previous posts have stated. I kind of liked/preferred the older generation Pokemon such as Mantine or Stantler because they came in handy at some point. like HM slavery Generation 5 Pokemon in comparison... I'm not even gonna' go there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Hey hey it's another of these threads where people pass of what they think makes a Pokémon design both facts and incredibly important opinions worth the world knowing. Can you feel the excitement in the air as people decry the New Things and show that they clearly know more what a Pokémon should be than the numerous people who oversee the designs of every single one of them? I especially like the part where nobody can agree on what exactly makes one.

For what it's worth, the existence of about 40 blanked-out Pokémon entries in the Gen I games makes it seem that at least some of Gen II's Pokémon were either wholly taken or derived from ideas and designs that were intended for the original games.

Last edited:

Demon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    You're just jealous of how badass Haxorous looks.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • Say what you want about Gen 2, at least they didn't introduce a Poke-Ice-Cream, unlike a certain generation did >.>

Generation 2 I could easily consider one of the more successful generations, due to a number of factors:
    -Tied in perfectly with a former generation
    -Was introduced while Pokemon was still "Fresh"
    -Most fans who refuse to acknowledge future generations of Pokemon and stay faithful to the original 151 will still accept Gen 2
    -Introduced the concept of minor Legendary pokemon having their own story (Beasts)
    -Kept the simple gameplay
    -Introduced 2 new types
    -Didn't go overboard with new Pokemon

Honestly, that list is probably missing a few points, I just can't figure them out.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • WRONG Gen 5 sucks balls. Mabye that's the moral of Today's story /thread p.s when i wrote that opening post i was on some ahem ''mary jane''

-_- What are you doing on a forum? Really. You're not willing to take anyone else's opinion into consideration so all you're really doing is proving you're close-minded and self-opinionated.

Also, mary-jane? Cool story bro, way to make yourself look even less intelligent.

Also, the moral of today's story: Don't post topics stating an opinion unless you're willing to at least take into account the opinion of others.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Say what you want about Gen 2, at least they didn't introduce a Poke-Ice-Cream, unlike a certain generation did >.>

The Vani family (imo) were the one of the best BW Pokemon, it's a shame they didnt get Water Absorb since the final evo has that straw and all. ;w;

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • Eh, I respect that some people might like them, but I'm just under the impression that they ran out of ideas for Ice types and someone got a brain freeze, causing one of the developers to shout "Ice cream Pokemon! Genius!" or the japanese equivilent >.>

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • but most of the pokemon introduced in johto were pretty pointless [e.g dunsparce and shuckle]

Those were/are both great Pokemon. Dunsparce was one of the first Serene Grace abusers, and have you seen a Power Trick Shuckle sweep?

Gen 2 had a lot of great Pokemon, and Gen 4 upgraded a lot of them with evolutions. Togekiss and Mamoswine are some of my favorite Pokemon. :S

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back