• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Gen 3 tool recommendations?

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2018
    I recently learned that a tool I have been using, PGE, is a little risky, even its creator thinks it is the cause of issues other hackers encountered.
    When I first got start with hacking, finding tools was an issue too. Many tutorials refer to tools that are no longer available :(

Do anyone know of a list of recommended tools somewhere?
    Here is my current tool list and what I have done to my project using them. So please point out if any of them are bad, or any mod I made is risky, so that I could revert my changes accordingly.

• Advance Map
      Event Mods and Additional Map.
    • Unofficial XSE
    • pkmsvui
    • Nameless Sprite Editor
      It's the only thing I ever found that can extract FR/LG/Emerald Deoxys' sprite...
    • unZL
      Pokemon and Title Screen Sprite editing
    • G3HS
      Sometime Pokemon sprite editing.
    • PGE
      ROM expansion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    G3Hs + G3T are the most efficient an effective way to make your edits on Pokémon. G3T can also edit trainers, moves, etc.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • I recently learned that a tool I have been using, PGE, is a little risky, even its creator thinks it is the cause of issues other hackers encountered.
    When I first got start with hacking, finding tools was an issue too. Many tutorials refer to tools that are no longer available :(

Do anyone know of a list of recommended tools somewhere?
    Here is my current tool list and what I have done to my project using them. So please point out if any of them are bad, or any mod I made is risky, so that I could revert my changes accordingly.

• Advance Map
      Event Mods and Additional Map.
    • Unofficial XSE
    • pkmsvui
    • Nameless Sprite Editor
      It's the only thing I ever found that can extract FR/LG/Emerald Deoxys' sprite...
    • unZL
      Pokemon and Title Screen Sprite editing
    • G3HS
      Sometime Pokemon sprite editing.
    • PGE
      ROM expansion.

Please stop spreading misinformation.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9886777&postcount=3

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2018

I think that perhaps you are offended that I said "even its creator thinks it is the cause of issues other hackers encountered."

I got that thought when I read that mentioning PGE "triggered your alert." Not at the exact post you linked, but on another help thread. When I first read it, I understood it that you are always on alarmed that PGE might break things. Only after reading more recently did I understand that you were talking about an automated bot.

If that is actually the case, I am very sorry for misunderstanding you, and spreading the misunderstanding.

For what it's worth, I am actually very fond of PGE and has been using it as the go-to tool for anything it can do (evolution modding, toying with new items). I only started being wary after reading the false information you talked of.

From your responses in the forums, I take it PGE is generally very safe to use, and the only thing it could break is some text here and there?

Back