• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gen 5 last gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Do you think they'll end pokemon here at a nice round number like 5? Or do you think it will keep going?

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I agree. After all, they're still making money off it, and they've still got avid fans, so why not milk it for all it's worth, yknow? ^-^

yes that is exactly why they will keep going the games are actually selling more each generation i can see them doing at least 3 more

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    There is nothing to suggest this is the last gen. The franchise will be continued until such a time when it becomes unprofitable. Or when aliens invade and conquer us, whichever comes from.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I agree. After all, they're still making money off it, and they've still got avid fans, so why not milk it for all it's worth, yknow? ^-^
    This.

Pokémon is like any other company franchise; looking to make money. As long as they keep doing so, then there will always be a new generation to look forward to - each one better than the next in its own way. I think GameFreak would be smart however in that when they do see the franchise coming to an end, they'll end it on a good note, rather than sucking the life out of it completely. From here, they'll just move onto something new.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    There is nothing to suggest this is the last gen. The franchise will be continued until such a time when it becomes unprofitable. Or when aliens invade and conquer us, whichever comes from.

yes exactly. now if i could only figure out how to close threads..

Years
    I am so sure they will continue that I am placing a bet. If they stop I am willing to swipe my ass to cactus always when I go to do my thing in the toilet, for the rest of my life.

//Jesus...if they really stop on 5th gen...//

Years
    Someone please explain this to me. What kind of warped, backwards thought process exists that causes people to believe that there is any chance; ANY CHANCE that one of the world's most profitable and popular multimedia franchises on the face of the planet will end any time soon?

Please just think about, and use your common sense. We are talking about the multimedia franchise that has the second best selling video game series of all time (Just behind the father of gaming himself.) and one of the longest running and most popular animated productions from Japan.

Who cares if 5 is a "nice number"? The year is 2010, that's a pretty nice number too. How about we end the Mario, Zelda, and Metroid series as well?

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    If they decide to stop making Pokemon games the world will come to an end. No kidding

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Do you think they'll end pokemon here at a nice round number like 5? Or do you think it will keep going?

Why would Game Freak want to stop making money?

It all depends on the success of the 5th generation. If sales are good they will keep going.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
    Everyone said this about gen 4, it depends on how sucsessfull the games will be

To tell you the truth, it was the anime that made Pokemon big, and now that the anime is getting less money every day (after watching the Hoenn and Sinnoh episodes, you can start to see why), the rest of the franchise is falling with it, so if the anime dies in 5th gen (and you know it will), this will be the last generation, this is because the company cares less about the games sales and more about the animes popularity, it only gets worse with the anime having using the same plot each episode, making it too repetitive, cause the company thinks the viewers are morons......

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years

Well, the anime is called Best Wishes. And while it does play on the first letter of Black and White, Best Wishes is usually a closing in a letter. So, Best Wishes could be suggesting the closing of the Pokemon franchise.

Who am I kidding? Pokemon is not and probably never will end. It's like Star Wars. Even when everyone currently at Game Freak is long gone from this world, there will be someone to keep it going.

In short, no, I do not think that Gen 5 will be the last.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Milk it for what it's worth? That's so creepy...

Anyways, this very well might be the end, but there have been rumor's of Satoshi Tajiri will be ending it after the 6th Generation.

I think milking it for what it's worth is a little extreme, like Pokemon won't be making 100 generations.

Not only would that be one too many, that would be require massive memory.

So to all of you and the creepy "Milking it' dude, this may go the next generation ,but it ain't lasting forever.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I will stay with ym guess. They will get to 1000 pokemon and stop.
    We will have 650 in 5th gen. At leats that is what Serebii has said.
    2 more gens can fit. 175 pokemon each.

Heck even 3 more can fit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back