• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 move animation project [DISCONTINUED]

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2024
    Really great community brought together by pokemon! Now I sound like professor Oak. Anyways, I'm not the best spriter to say the least, but I can give it a shot! And I will, I've been trying to learn spriting for the past month and I'm doing so great so far! I'll try to publish an animation If I ever plan on completing a full fledged animated attack project!

Nice spirit
    Good luck pal..

Years
    • Any
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    Hi, The moves themselves aren't linking up to their animations here? I'm not sure if I followed your instructions wrong but if possible do you mind giving more detailed instructions? I'm not sure which PBS file I'm supposed to edit or if there's more to it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2023
    It's in the instructions. Make a change to your PBS files to allow the game to compile. You can open a random .txt in the PBS folder and add a number/letter to it and then remove it, and save.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello !
    So, I'm not exactly back to the move animation project, but I had a few animation fixes on the todo-list of my fangame.
    I thought I might as well solve the rest of the issues you guys mentioned.
    The plan now for me, is to go back to my fangame, and work again on the animations when I'm done (and I'm 2~3 months away from finishing, I swear).

So here's what has been fixed (the download link has been updated)

Surf needs to be fixed.
    Explosion leaves the target in black even after the animation is finished.
    Fixed.

After I use Jaw Lock move, the target's battler sprite keeps kinda weird haha
    Fixed.

Pokemon become invisible when they miss with dig (such as attacking a flying type), not sure how to fix it but it's reproducible for me. (v19.1 w/ EDBX but using this animation pack).
    I solved this issue for myself. As it was a scripting issue, I didn't mention it there.

In the script Move_Effects_Generic, find the part where it says:
    Code:
    #===============================================================================
    # Healing move.
    #===============================================================================
    Right above this code, paste this:
    Spoiler:

Shell Side Arm move has two differents animation: when it is a contact move or not. Can you guys do when it is a contact move? We have only the other one.
    Done. Thanks for noticing!

About Terrain Pulse, we need to rename them inside the Editor to:
    Move:TERRAINPULSEELECTRIC
    Move:TERRAINPULSEGRASSY
    Move:TERRAINPULSEMISTY
    Move:TERRAINPULSEPSYCHIC

Instead "Terrain Pulse Electric"; "Terrain Pulse Grassy"; "Terrain Pulse Misty" and "Terrain Pulse Psychic".
    Actually the names of the other "hits" don't matter (see those multi-hit moves). What matters is their position.

Also its script is the below (remember to change "192" for your number):
    The script for Shell Side Arm is part of Pokémon Essentials, not part of this project ^^

I checked Pyro Ball and I believe it can be polished. It seems more like a fire comet (and right now, it is just a "normal fire more that burns the target").
    Can you guys change the animation? I believe some of them can help (I just rotate a little the pyro ball pics to you guys see the idea xD).
    Cya!
    Hum, can you be more precise with what you want?
    The animation is a bit slow but it looks nice already.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Years
    • Seen today
    It bothers you but when using Dark Pulse or Hyper Voice, the sprites on both sides are lifted a bit.

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
    I checked Pyro Ball and I believe it can be polished. It seems more like a fire comet (and right now, it is just a "normal fire more that burns the target").
    Can you guys change the animation? I believe some of them can help (I just rotate a little the pyro ball pics to you guys see the idea xD).
    Cya!

Slightly sad and mildly offended [jk] but you have a point... but in my defense, it was my first time doing any sort of move animating so making custom animations from scratch isn't my cup of tea. Anyways sure, I can try reworking pyro ball (probably using the pyro ball animation sheet you gave as I really suck at making good looking fire).

Last edited:

DarrylBD99

Years
    So um... I finished the Mega Evolution Animation but... can someone double-check to see if it works?

Attachments

• MegaEvolution.zip
      63.5 KB · Views: 2

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok... I am back and here is a common animation I made for Protect using what is already in the move animation (p.s. I had to remove and do some tweaks with the old Protect Move Animation and removing "OppMove:Protect" so yeah)
    Protect Move Anim and Common Anim:
    Your animation has a problem. It is supposed to be in front of the Pokémon when the opponent is using it, and it is supposed to be behind the Pokémon when your Pokémon is using it.
    I have added the common animation but I changed the sound for the actual sound of Protect ^^

It bothers you but when using Dark Pulse or Hyper Voice, the sprites on both sides are lifted a bit.
    I tested and I didn't see any issues...
    Could you record your game by any chance so I can see what you exactly have?
    You can use OBS for that, then post the result on Youtube (don't post the video in private, but in the mode that allows people with the URL to watch it, I can't remember the name as I'm typing).

So um... I finished the Mega Evolution Animation but... can someone double-check to see if it works?
    Hum, the first Mega-Evolution animation is the original one, isn't it?
    I have included the second animation and I reworked the first animation, because it seems strange in the Editor (both Pokémons are at the same place; why?)

Slightly sad and mildly offended [jk] but you have a point... but in my defense, it was my first time doing any sort of move animating so making custom animations from scratch isn't my cup of tea. Anyways sure, I can try reworking pyro ball (probably using the pyro ball animation sheet you gave as I really suck at making good looking fire).
    Well, I still don't see the problem XD
    Can you make the animation then, as you seem to be on the same line?

DarrylBD99

Years
    Your animation has a problem. It is supposed to be in front of the Pokémon when the opponent is using it, and it is supposed to be behind the Pokémon when your Pokémon is using it.
    I have added the common animation but I changed the sound for the actual sound of Protect ^^

Yea that is the problem... I am unable to make a protect common animation that can be separated by player and opponent unless I do some scripting (which I wanna try to avoid) so you might have to deal with that ^^|||

Hum, the first Mega-Evolution animation is the original one, isn't it?
    I have included the second animation and I reworked the first animation, because it seems strange in the Editor (both Pokémons are at the same place; why?)

Actually, the first Mega-Evolution has major changes so you might wanna replace the old one with mine as well... and the "both Pokémons are at the same place" I think it might be an essentials version cross-compatibility issue...

Well, I still don't see the problem XD
    Can you make the animation then, as you seem to be on the same line?

Alright... sure thing

StCooler

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yea that is the problem... I am unable to make a protect common animation that can be separated by player and opponent unless I do some scripting (which I wanna try to avoid) so you might have to deal with that ^^|||
    The Protect move already has two different animations, one for the player and one for the opponent.
    I don't think it matters if the common animation doesn't have two versions ^^

Actually, the first Mega-Evolution has major changes so you might wanna replace the old one with mine as well... and the "both Pokémons are at the same place" I think it might be an essentials version cross-compatibility issue...
    I imported your version, but it had the same problem ^^
    And you're right, this is a compatibility issue :)

Alright... sure thing
    :)

DarrylBD99

Years

Actually speaking of that, same can be said for the shiny animation so you might have to fix that as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2021
    I imported Surging Strikes in the correct consecutive order, but when i use it in battle it just uses the first animation for all 3 hits.

Back