• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen V Hoenn

What would you prefer?

• Gen V Ruby/Sapphire remake!

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Gen V secondary region of main game!

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Don't care!

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Would you prefer to see; Ruby/Sapphire have it's own Gen V remake OR Hoenn be used as a secondary region in the main Gen V game. I know R/S will probably be remade but what would you prefer? And i'm not talking about a dumbed down Kanto like in G/S either. Discuss.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Would you prefer to see; Ruby/Sapphire have it's own Gen V remake OR Hoenn be used as a secondary region in the main Gen V game. I know R/S will probably be remade but what would you prefer? And i'm not talking about a dumbed down Kanto like in G/S either. Discuss.

Gamefreak wouldn't connect the new Region to the Hoenn Region.

Slateport City seems to crowded by other cities to host a boat to go into the new region.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I don't want a R/S remake, since I didn't really like R/S.

What I want is an Emerald remake, since I liked having to battle both teams, the better plot, etc etc.

Not like it's going to happen though. I would still enjoy playing a R/S remake though, since Hoenn is my favorite region.

Yeah. Hate me.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    I don't hate you Hoenn is my 2nd favorite region haha. And as for Slateport being surrounded by isles then why not make it like hgss and have emerald features? That way you would be able to travel to Hoenn from either Evergrande, Slatport, Lilycove or the battle frontier itself.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    We only just got the remake sio it is unlikey to get another remake. It will be a new region I guess.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    I'd like it as a secondary region. Which is probably going to be more likely now that we're dealing with another DS game. By the time the two have come out and then the 'extra one', it'll probably be too late for any more DS Pokemon games.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    Well, I really hope for a secoundary Edi for Hoenn since I really love Hoenn. I used to play R/S with my friends, yeah, I was a noob, but man, these were some of the best times of my life...^^ So, I'm really connecting something with Hoenn, I'd be happy to see a Ruby/Sapphire remake!^^

Ayselipera

I would rather see Hoenn have it's own game seperate from generation V. Even though I feel like it's too soon a Hoenn remake I'd rather there be one then never be one.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    RS remake would only be good with secondary storylline . Use a boat to go from from Slateport to place X , then to Y . Sapphire was my 1st game , so I'd like to see it remade

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I want it remade, with the 5th Gen region as a secondary region:P

That'd be awesome

Although if it was a secondary region, they'd HAVE to link it via ferry from Battle Frontier, it's the obvious place to do it.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
    Let's make a new game! Why do they need to show Hoenn at May's and Breandan's times? They should let us know what is happening 8 years from then. New kids have grown since then, and they need to get a Pokémon too. I want Hoenn, but I want it nowadays!

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I just want Game Freak to take their proverbial, bad egg, and turn it into something worth remembering.

Gen V Hoenn
    Gen V Hoenn

- Bertha (キクノ Kikuno)
    - Ground Master of the Sinnoh Elite 4
    - Well, would you show this old lady how much you've learned?
    - Whiscash Lv.66 Gliscor Lv.69 Golem Lv.68
    - Hippowdon Lv.68 Rhyperior Lv.71

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Curtis says ask him again when R/S are 10 years old...Really don't need R/S remakes

2012 is the Japanese 10th Anniversary of Ruby and Sapphire, so expect a remake, if there is ever one, to be out at that time.

I would rather it be a secondary region, but heck ,why not do both ideas and have a remake and as a second region? Because by that time, the GBA as a game platform would be dead making all of the Pokemon available in the D/P/Pt era via the GBA virtually impossible to get(unless you ported them to your DS games ), so a remake is more than likely to occur .

Even though Gamefreak claimed they wouldn't remake the RSE generation after HGSS, profits from the HGSS as well as keeping a continuing continuity with using characters from two generations prior as they have been doing since GSC came out dictate otherwise. They are probably making the remakes afterthe initial Generation 5 fodder just like how FRLG were based off RSE's engine.

Jubedube

Another Charizard fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2010
    I don't know why, but I abhor the idea of ANOTHER remake coming out for the DS. It's simply too distasteful to me, especially since at this pace when a new portable system (whenever that may be) does come out, the only choices for remakes left will be of Diamond and Pearl.

Unless they go as far as to remaking Yellow and Emerald Version, or god forbid another Red version remake.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Unless Gen 5 starts a whole new Pokemon canon, I don't think that R/S/E remakes are likely, because they already exist within the current canon.

Gen 1 remakes and Gen 2 remakes were fine, because R/B/Y and G/S/C were not part of the new canon. They are part of their own seperate canon.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Unless Gen 5 starts a whole new Pokemon canon, I don't think that R/S/E remakes are likely, because they already exist within the current canon.

Gen 1 remakes and Gen 2 remakes were fine, because R/B/Y and G/S/C were not part of the new canon. They are part of their own seperate canon.

The DS2 will most likely not have a GBA Slot anyways , and in the case of two generations ago ,the games of the first canon were incompatible, so a remake is most likely if not a second region

Back