• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    I downloaded, the entire sheet of Kalos Pokemon, and I noticed that some of the sprites differ between the individual downloads and the complete set. (e.g. Meowstic's backsprite.) This should probably be fixed.

What could this be? ;)
    Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

MrDS already has a Mega Ampharos front sprite... It's just that he's having some problems with its hair in the back sprite...

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I've finished it! (even though it's not really needed, I thought I'd show you guys anyways.) Here it is:

As you can see, I tried to stick to the Ken Sugimori art as closely as possible. It actually ended up being bigger than 64x64, but I suck at resizing. Could someone resize it for me, without messing with the proportions too much? Please?

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
    Hi again!
    This time I've got an actual Mega sprite instead of just an icon.

It's based off Pokemon Showdown's sprite.
    Like everything else, it's indexed.

EDIT: A Mega Mewtwo Y to go with the icon.

Sorry don't think I'll be accepting this!

Hello there!
    This project is really awesome and really cool...
    I'm just wandering if the icon sprites can be downloaded in one package if its done/finished.

Thanks and more sprites to come! :)

Yes, I will put up a zip for the sprites and icons. I haven't just yet because I'm still doing QC on the sprites and haven't finished Megas.

I have to admit, I've been stalking this thread for months now, and I am simply flabbergasted by the progress you all have made in this project. The sprites you've made and resized for this project are so well-done, matching the DS-generation games' style so very well. You capture the Pokemons' visuals in a great way. I want to thank you for the hard work you've put in, as these will come in handy for anyone to use!

I'd have to say my favorite of the bunch are the Honedge line's. Good job on the best Ghost of Gen VI!

Thanks a lot!

Most of the palette changes I made were because the original palette didn't work well with the shiny sprite. There are 3 major changes:

1. That blue outline on the shiny back-sprite's horns has been swapped out for gray.

2. The tail is no longer black, it's now much more gray. This is because the original tail color was the same color as the outline, so on the shiny sprite, the tail was black, which is incorrect.

3. The claws now point downward, as well as have shading. If you look at mega houndoom's 3d model (which is what I used for reference when editing this), you'll notice that all of it's claws curve down. The original sprite had some curving up, some curving down, and one or two were just squares. This is from being taken from the regular Houndoom sprite.
    On top of this, the claws were reduced from 3-4 gray colors in the non-mega sprite to just one red color. This is almost understandable, except for the fact that there's already a second shade of red, used in the eye of the back-sprite. I've shaded the claws similarly to the non-mega sprite, using this second shade of red.

Take another look and see if you can spot the changes I mentioned above.

That's really good actually! I kept it the way it was with the blue colours based on the DS Houndoom and was planning to fix it for the Sugimori version of it later, but what's the point in waiting! I've done the changes.

Hello! I tried to resize/re-draw Mega Diancie, Mega Banette, Mega Medicham, Mega Alakazam and Mega Mewtwo X sprites based from various sprites...

I modified some parts like the ribbon and the small gems' position for Mega Diancie... I tweaked/adjusted the ribbons to fit for Mega Medicham... I combined capylus' Mega Alakazam's body and Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex's spoons... Here are the sprites...

Mega Diancie (based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex):

Mega Banette (based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex):

Mega Medicham (based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex):

Mega Alakazam (based from capylus and Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex):

Mega Mewtwo X (based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex):

I also tried to re-draw capylus' Mega Tyranitar (the only pose I can find so far that can fit) but it looks harder so I discontinued...

EDIT: I merged my previous posts in one so that they can be easily rejected/accepted...

Sorry won't be accepting any of these, the resizing is kind of off, and I'd prefer edits of existing sprites where possible. Out of all of them Alakazam is the closest to being accepted though.

Hey all! I'm back to make another submission!
    The current Greninja sprite looks... off.......so I made a new one, which you can see here:

matdemo159.deviantart/art/Greninja-Sprite-64x64-575318580?ga_submit_new=10%253A1448859774&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

I still can't post links, so make sure to copy-paste the URL, then add the (dot)com after deviantart.

This sprite doesn't quite live up to my own quality standards due to the hands and feet, but I couldn't find a way to make it better. If any of you feel like you could do better and fix them, while still keeping them in proportion, by all means, go ahead.

It's quite nice but it's too dynamic in my opinion, so I won't be using it.

Maybe because they are just Event-exclusive Pokémons just like Spiky-ear Pichu, Pikachu-colored Pichu, Special Vivillons and Eternal Flower Floette... Even Vivillon and Furfrou forms and Inactive Xerneas are not planned to be included so I think it's just fair...

Maybe soon we can make another thread for them or post them in Quick Resource thread should someone make or recolor sprites for them...

Thanks, this is exactly the reason I don't want to do them. They don't really impact the game in any significant way in my opinion. Eternal Flower Floette I will do eventually, but since it hasn't been officially confirmed I'm going to wait.

I've finished it! (even though it's not really needed, I thought I'd show you guys anyways.) Here it is:

As you can see, I tried to stick to the Ken Sugimori art as closely as possible. It actually ended up being bigger than 64x64, but I suck at resizing. Could someone resize it for me, without messing with the proportions too much? Please?

That looks quite nice but I already have my Ampharos front sprite. There's nothing wrong with it as such but its going to have some size problems when compared to the DS Ampharos.

Even though I said I would be doing some other megas, I ended up doing Mega Banette because it proved to be far less challenging. I did make a Mega Gyarados front sprite but I think it kind of looks awful and the Shiny colours are going to be incredibly difficult to get right.

Anyway here's Mega Banette!

and of course its icon sprite!

Also here's an updated Mega Houndoom thanks to Fridave's QC

And here is an updated Mega Sableye to address the palette issues that someone reported.

Its icon also had a slight issue so feel free to replace it with this!

EDIT: I've also done Mega Abomasnow now!

and its icon!

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    Wow! Only 21 remaining... ^^

By the way, I remade the Mega Alakazam that I submitted before using fridave's recommendations (main body resized in 56x56 canvas and spoons at the back)... Still based from capylus' (the main body) and Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex's (the spoon and some of the face) sprites... I'm not really sure about the spoon so I'll submit 2 versions, here they are...

With spoons:

Without spoons:

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Sorry don't think I'll be accepting this!

Yes, I will put up a zip for the sprites and icons. I haven't just yet because I'm still doing QC on the sprites and haven't finished Megas.

Thanks a lot!

That's really good actually! I kept it the way it was with the blue colours based on the DS Houndoom and was planning to fix it for the Sugimori version of it later, but what's the point in waiting! I've done the changes.

Sorry won't be accepting any of these, the resizing is kind of off, and I'd prefer edits of existing sprites where possible. Out of all of them Alakazam is the closest to being accepted though.

It's quite nice but it's too dynamic in my opinion, so I won't be using it.

Thanks, this is exactly the reason I don't want to do them. They don't really impact the game in any significant way in my opinion. Eternal Flower Floette I will do eventually, but since it hasn't been officially confirmed I'm going to wait.

That looks quite nice but I already have my Ampharos front sprite. There's nothing wrong with it as such but its going to have some size problems when compared to the DS Ampharos.

Even though I said I would be doing some other megas, I ended up doing Mega Banette because it proved to be far less challenging. I did make a Mega Gyarados front sprite but I think it kind of looks awful and the Shiny colours are going to be incredibly difficult to get right.

Anyway here's Mega Banette!

and of course its icon sprite!

Also here's an updated Mega Houndoom thanks to Fridave's QC

And here is an updated Mega Sableye to address the palette issues that someone reported.

Its icon also had a slight issue so feel free to replace it with this!

EDIT: I've also done Mega Abomasnow now!

and its icon!

Thanks for accepting! Just 2 things to say:

I noticed you changed the tail for mega-Houndoom back to black. In the 6th gen games, shiny mega Houndoom's tail is blue, making the sprite incorrect. Is there a reason to change it back?

So when I first saw the mega Banette sprite, I thought 2 things. That it looked too big, and that the shading looked too GBA-ish. I double-checked the size, which turned out to be fine. I tried getting rid of the lightest shade of gray, and it looked much better. Which actually bring up something else I want to say:
    So you said that you want the mega sprites to be based on the regular sprites, which is fine. The only problem is that for some of them, it's painfully obvious, like with your mega Banette sprite. (which I do like, despite all my issues with it.) If you look at the Ken Sugimori art for mega Banette, for example, there's a HUGE difference in styles between the Mega and the non-mega, as the last time Ken Sugimori drew Banette, it was the official art for Ruby and Sapphire. Maybe megas shouldn't have to be base on the original sprite?

MrDollSteak

Years
    Thanks for accepting! Just 2 things to say:

I noticed you changed the tail for mega-Houndoom back to black. In the 6th gen games, shiny mega Houndoom's tail is blue, making the sprite incorrect. Is there a reason to change it back?

So when I first saw the mega Banette sprite, I thought 2 things. That it looked too big, and that the shading looked too GBA-ish. I double-checked the size, which turned out to be fine. I tried getting rid of the lightest shade of gray, and it looked much better. Which actually bring up something else I want to say:
    So you said that you want the mega sprites to be based on the regular sprites, which is fine. The only problem is that for some of them, it's painfully obvious, like with your mega Banette sprite. (which I do like, despite all my issues with it.) If you look at the Ken Sugimori art for mega Banette, for example, there's a HUGE difference in styles between the Mega and the non-mega, as the last time Ken Sugimori drew Banette, it was the official art for Ruby and Sapphire. Maybe megas shouldn't have to be base on the original sprite?

I personally just wasn't a fan of the blue tail as it didn't have an outline. With the black at least it looks solid.

Banette and Mega Banette are actually supposed to look pretty similar, if you compare the dream world art you'd notice their faces are pretty much identical.

Basing them off of the original sprite for most Pokemon is the best way to go in making sure they retain roughly relative size, and making sure they have roughly the same shading. This means that when they Mega Evolve you can more easily connect the pokemon. There are obviously a few exceptions such as Abomasnow and Beedrill which change the shape of the pokemon too drastically, but with Banette for example, while it isn't necessarily obvious from the official artwork, looking at the models and the dream world art shows that its head is pretty much the same size and shape.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Wow! Only 21 remaining... ^^

By the way, I remade the Mega Alakazam that I submitted before using fridave's recommendations (main body resized in 56x56 canvas and spoons at the back)... Still based from capylus' (the main body) and Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex's (the spoon and some of the face) sprites... I'm not really sure about the spoon so I'll submit 2 versions, here they are...

With spoons:

Without spoons:
    Nice job on the resizing! It's just that the right hand... what... D:

Also, MrDollSteak, about mega Sableye. The pallet edits are almost unnoticeable. I had to look really hard to spot them. And when I did, I also noticed that the green gems on the backsprite got messed up in the process. What used to be the darkest shade of green is now this weird brown-yellow, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Please fix.

Also, before I forget, I've been meaning to point this out for a while, but mega Blastoise's big cannon-lump thing on the backsprite looks... weird. Almost 2-dimensional. Definitely something that should be fixed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Doing some experimentation with the Sableye sprite (to try to get it to work with G3HS as I could never find Advanced Series) I found that it might actually have more colours than allowed:

1 background colour
    5 shades of red for the eyes/crystal
    4 shades of purple for the body, and IIRC there are two outline colours
    2 colours for the mouth
    3 colours for the green back crystal

This might be what's causing the problem but I'm not entirely sure since I gave up with the sprite.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years

I know what you saw there... {XD} Though I believe it's not really intended that way, it just might be due to my poor resizing skills... By the way, I like the right hand pose (from capylus' sprite) because it resembles a very popular hand pose in our country...

This might not be needed but I think I need to post this for the sake of those who might be looking for an Inactive Xerneas sprite... It is based from this resource's Xerneas sprite:

Main sprites:

Icon:

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years

Also, MrDollSteak, about mega Sableye. The pallet edits are almost unnoticeable. I had to look really hard to spot them. And when I did, I also noticed that the green gems on the backsprite got messed up in the process. What used to be the darkest shade of green is now this weird brown-yellow, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Please fix.

Also, before I forget, I've been meaning to point this out for a while, but mega Blastoise's big cannon-lump thing on the backsprite looks... weird. Almost 2-dimensional. Definitely something that should be fixed.

The palette edits where done because there were too many greens on the sprite when inserted. So when inserted into a rom it would default to red.

Yeah I'm not super happy with the cannon either to be honest but it's quite a hard thing to get right based on the positioning of the backsprite generally.

Doing some experimentation with the Sableye sprite (to try to get it to work with G3HS as I could never find Advanced Series) I found that it might actually have more colours than allowed:

1 background colour
    5 shades of red for the eyes/crystal
    4 shades of purple for the body, and IIRC there are two outline colours
    2 colours for the mouth
    3 colours for the green back crystal

This might be what's causing the problem but I'm not entirely sure since I gave up with the sprite.

There's only 2 colours for the Green Back Crystal now redownload the sprite.

This might not be needed but I think I need to post this for the sake of those who might be looking for an Inactive Xerneas sprite... It is based from this resource's Xerneas sprite:

Main sprites:

Icon:

You've messed up the colours quite a bit, on the back sprites in particular. Make sure you've only changed the rigiht colours.
    Also I personally think having inactive Xerneas is incredibly pointless because its a purely cosmetic thing for when it is outside of battle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I think I've found a new problem with mega Sableye. I've found 3 extra colors, all nearly identical to the ones used in the pallet. 2 reds, one the in the back-sprite, one in the front sprite, as well as 1 purple, used in both. If you do what I do you'll find them.
    First take colors from the sprite to make the pallet, then recolor the sprite (make sure you only select colors in the pallet for recoloring) to one solid color that's not in the pallet, (I used neon blue) and anything that doesn't get recolored is a color that you don't intend/don't want.

That aside, it still leaves us with exactly 15 colors, one too many if we want to add that extra green shade back in.

Years
    • Seen today
    I think I've found a new problem with mega Sableye. I've found 3 extra colors, all nearly identical to the ones used in the pallet. 2 reds, one the in the back-sprite, one in the front sprite, as well as 1 purple, used in both. If you do what I do you'll find them.
    First take colors from the sprite to make the pallet, then recolor the sprite (make sure you only select colors in the pallet for recoloring) to one solid color that's not in the pallet, (I used neon blue) and anything that doesn't get recolored is a color that you don't intend/don't want.

That aside, it still leaves us with exactly 15 colors, one too many if we want to add that extra green shade back in.

I discovered that too actually, when tinkering with the sprite.

I don't think there would be a way to reintroduce the green colour because none of the other colours look like they could be removed.

I think that's why the third green colour was swapped...

MrDollSteak

Years

Edgezard is right, there is no feasible way to add that third green colour back without ruining the shading elsewhere. Also those 3 extra colors are so similar to the other colours that A-series doesnt treat them as different, which is the main thing. I suggest you use A-series.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Another edit for the Inactive Xerneas:

Not trying to be mean or anything, but have you actually seen inactive Xerneas? I can only assume that you based it on this sprite: https://aurumdeluxe.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-XY-Xerneas-Inactive-Normal-Form-Sprite-443587409
    without actually looking at an official source. On another note, I agree with MrDollSteak that having an Inactive Xerneas sprite is pointless, as there's no practical way in insert it into a ROM hack.

That aside, I took a shot at making the sprite, based on the active Xerneas sprite we already have, although my attempt isn't very good. Figuring out what's what in that mess of horns is impossible. Check it out:

I didn't make a back sprite, cause I'm lazy. Hopefully someone will use my front sprite as an example and make a back sprite. Feel free to edit it however you want.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    Not trying to be mean or anything, but have you actually seen inactive Xerneas? I can only assume that you based it on this sprite: https://aurumdeluxe.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-XY-Xerneas-Inactive-Normal-Form-Sprite-443587409
    without actually looking at an official source. On another note, I agree with MrDollSteak that having an Inactive Xerneas sprite is pointless, as there's no practical way in insert it into a ROM hack.

That aside, I took a shot at making the sprite, based on the active Xerneas sprite we already have, although my attempt isn't very good. Figuring out what's what in that mess of horns is impossible. Check it out:

I didn't make a back sprite, cause I'm lazy. Hopefully someone will use my front sprite as an example and make a back sprite. Feel free to edit it however you want.

LOL, of course I already saw one... {XD} It's just that I'm using existing palettes where possible because I'm not good in making palettes... The palettes are based from that sprite though and about the horns, I replaced the rainbow colors with the still light blue colors... Nice recolor by the way! Thanks! :)

EDIT: I adjusted the spikes of the Mega Garchomp (based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex) that I submitted before, not really sure if it looked better though:

EDIT 2: Volcanion is now officially revealed with an (I believe) official artwork:

Spoiler:

Will the sprite posted here be replaced or only the colors?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    LOL, of course I already saw one... {XD} It's just that I'm using existing palettes where possible because I'm not good in making palettes... The palettes are based from that sprite though and about the horns, I replaced the rainbow colors with the still light blue colors... Nice recolor by the way! Thanks! :)

EDIT: I adjusted the spikes of the Mega Garchomp (based from Pokémon Showdown! Pokédex) that I submitted before, not really sure if it looked better though:

EDIT 2: Volcanion is now officially revealed with an (I believe) official artwork:

Spoiler:

Will the sprite posted here be replaced or only the colors?
    I don't see any reason to replace the current sprite, as it's already of very high quality. Maybe a pallet update, but nothing more.

Back