• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VI-type Pokemon Trainer Entrance for battles

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I'm completely new to Pokemon Essentials - I was wondering if there were any tutorials available on how to make a Pokemon battle start like a generation 6 battle, just with the text and a large sprite, before showing the rest of the battle screen. (I can't post images yet)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    The best way to go about it is probably editing the "vs rival" scene thing in the pokemon field script. I experimented doing this about a month or so ago and got some good results. It's basically a matter of replacing all the rival face graphics with the large "sugimori" graphics, and then going through the code and repositioning/resizing stuff.

Unfortunately it's kinda pointless unless you remove all of the stuff in the battle scene pertaining to the trainer throwing out their pokemon.

Definitely not the first thing you should try and tackle with essentials though :)

Well I believe it doesn't work in the way like the VS; it happens in the beginning of the actual battle scene. Like it essentially replaces the "*insert name here* would like to battle*" with the trainer graphic appearing with the text and the "sugimori" graphic. To summarize, this appears after the VS animation.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    here is grass animation from Gen 6 :

Damn, that looks really nice. Not too sure on how to add animations and all that yet though :L

Which is why I said to delete the "so and so would like to battle" segment in battle.

Because both the vs animation that Luka SJ made and the real games's animation fade to black before the pokeballs are thrown out. Basically meaning whether it "technically" happens in battle or not will not be apparent to the viewer.

Certainly coding it into the actual battle scene is ideal, but you obviously want the easiest way and I think this would be miles easier.

AHH, I get what you mean. So like it would be a lot better for this event to happen BEFORE the actual battle scene starts. So I should make the "so and so would like to battle" segment before the battle (like where the VS. animation would appear)? And it's still possible to have the Pokeballs being thrown out without needing the enemy trainer's sprite, right?

Back