• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gen6 appreciating "legendaries"?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I think someone should change it to XY instead of Gen VI. While I get that one means those introduced in this generation I am quite sure that the rest of Gen VI (ORAS and 'Z') will most likely end up having a lot of legendary Pokemon from other regions flooding those games with legends.

I personally think that they should've followed the the numbers of Johto or Hoenn. Having only the mascots (not counting the events), and having only two of those available depending on one's version made it seem boring. Also one of those two (Kalos native) legends we could get was post game...so it felt like there was one legend for the majority of the time. Mewtwo and one bird of the bird trio made it less boring for me.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Yeah valid I guess, I imported a bunch of my gen 3 pokemon into gen 4 but in that case I feel like they were a waste of what potential could be there. LIke you said, it's easy with them to fill the dex but we've seen the wave of excitement already in fire red etc. Now in gen 6 it's like "Oh look Zapdos" I wish there was some added story line with these legendaries and not just roaming. That's something which could be improved in the upcoming ORAS.
    They already have the existing story, and I think they will have the post-game Rayquaza available in both versions as before. The question therefore becomes of whether Jirachi will appear in a new storyline as catchable (my guess is no, unless as an event), and Mew's appearance in Hoenn in Emerald ought to be brought in at SOME point in the remakes. Mewtwo is already covered in Kalos, the Gen. I birds can all appear in Kalos (one per playthrough) but could perhaps roam again. I don't predict the legendary dogs (i.e. Raikou) or that mascot duo (Lugia, Ho-oh) making appearances, obviously. Deoxys events are likely, unless we have a storyline with a Lv.80 specimen. I can't see Sinnoh legendaries coming to Hoenn (some are in Unova, especially the Uxie trio in B2/W2 all catchable, and Cressalia), and Unova's we just need a break from as they're too recent.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2022
    I felt like the word "legendary" was becoming less meaningful after the release of the 5th gen. As much as I liked the Forces of Nature and the Swords of Justice, I felt like they were releasing too many trios and needed to start limiting themselves. I'm hoping that gen7 will bring us a new trio, two new "cover legendaries" the 3rd "cover legendary" the single tiny legendary that usually isn't catchable, only distributed through events. I also didn't like how they added Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect after Black and White were released. But, this is of course just my opinion and want to hear what you guys think. Do they have too many legendaries, not enough, or just the right amount? Let me know :)

Personally I hate the "Forces of Nature" and Genesect (Disliked them in game (the forces of nature seriously look like the exact same pokemon...) and hate them all in competitive). I don't like how some pokemon are not "catchable" through normal game play (Shaymin, Darkrai, Victini, Manaphy, Celebi, Mew, etc.) I don't see why they make it difficult to obtain, what positive is there in doing this? I think there are too many "legendaries" the 4 I said I hated, I wish didn't exist and whatever baby Manaphy is called would keep it slightly better balanced IMO. I like and dislike how GF changed it so that legends get min 3 perfect IVs, nice that they have 3 good stats, but hate that they were smart enough to make them better but dislike how they didn't just make all 6 perfect, I mean you might as well do it right if you're going to do anything...

Back