• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gender differences

Silon

Amber for Ever!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    I don't care if these have been posted yet.. >>

Dratini: Female have larger gem on forehead.
    Milotic: Males have diff. tail design
    Horsea: Fins/Wings are larger for males
    Poliwag: Tail size or detail
    Roselia: Flowers are diff. Colors (Females are Pink & Purple)
    Lapras: Males have more spikes on shell
    Ditto: Wtf? xD Males are more developped? XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    i think that they shouldnt be distictive like if u ran into a wild butterfree if its been in battle and its wing has been clipped ukno like little stuff and injured pokemon with damage to its body would br calssisfed are a rae type so u cldnt run away from it... if u get my drift

Kazyx

H(u)Gs & (ki)SSes for everyone
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2009
    The gender differences should be little, and not very drastic changes to the sprites. A few examples of this would be...

Scyther: Females have a slighty larger abdomen and are slighty smaller then the male.
    Raichu: Slighty longer tail on the male and slighty lighter cheecks on the female.
    Sandslash: Slighty lighter spines on the females back and a slighty longer tail o the males.
    Aerodactyl: Slighty darker color for the body of the male, and a slighty lighter wing color on the female.
    Charmeleon: Slighty longer head spike and darker shade of red for the male and a lighter yellow color for the female's stomach.
    Perappu: a slighty brighter color for the males and a more toned-down shade for the females.

As you could see, most of these are just simple hue changes, but it IS a small and not very noticable chnage, therefore it would probablt work.

Back