• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender dysphoria

Discontent with your gender?

• Yes

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 84.8%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    As some of you may know, there are a number of PC members with gender dysphoria. I just wanted to know how many there are here who are discontent with their birth assigned gender.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2012
    I think I'm pretty happy with my gender, especially considering its the gender I'm attracted to. ^.^

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
    I am happy with my gender but i think it would be cool to be the other gender for a day, now that would be cool

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I am happy with my gender but i think it would be cool to be the other gender for a day, now that would be cool
    This pretty much sums up my feelings. It would only be for a day, or maybe a week at most, though.

Posting Binge: 17/40

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Nope, I'm pretty happy with mine.

Not that I share it on my profile, but you can guess it pretty easily.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    While I am content with being male, sometimes I wish I can be female. But I don't necessarily agree with everything that comes with being a female. I actually like to identify myself as a genderqueer. Sometimes I feel like a guy and sometimes I just feel like a girl, so moving between two genders is what I like to do.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I like my current gender, but there are some days that I wish I was the opposite gender.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I really don't understand how somebody can't be proud of who they are, gender included. We live in a society where both genders don't experience any discrimination on a wide scale here in the States in 2011.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
    I'm not discontent with my gender, I'm discontent with my sex. Thus being trans rather than cisgender (a cisgender person is someone whose gender, or gender identity, matches their physical sex.)

I don't feel this way because of social bias, I simply feel that I am not female. It's far more complex than 'Oh, [gender] has it so good. I wish I could be [gender], too.'

I'm male. It's just who I am, and the way my body does not match my mind can feel absolutely nightmarish and even cause me physical pain in some really severe bouts of dysphoria.

Again, it has absolutely nothing to do with social roles, or appearance, or whatever other superficial reason people might have for briefly thinking that it might be nice to be the opposite sex or gender.

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I quite like being a guy. I can't say I've ever been displeased with it or had any desire to be a woman, so I guess that's something.

Years
    Why you wanna out us? I'm transgendered and therefore unhappy with the gender my parents assigned to me because, for starters, they got it wrong (though I can't blame them entirely since anyone would make that mistake) and, more importantly, because it's just not who I am and it doesn't feel right.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm fine with my gender, I hate my sex. :( I like being a girl--love it even. I have excuses to wear/adore pink, I can squee over cute things without raised eyebrows, and I just generally act like a girl now. (I was a huge tomboy as a kid though.)

It's just the whole... girly parts I don't like. XD; I'd probably give them up pretty easily except then I would be gender dysphoric and that seems like a dumb idea.

Years
    Male, and will hopefully always, be male.

I did the gender thing a while back for fun, not necessarily because I wasn't sure about my gender. Never felt like the opposite gender, ever.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm gonna echo Scarf and Lightning..

Technically, I'm transgender, because I went for nearly my entire life without being content as a female. Within the last few months, somehow.. not sure what clicked, but I'm more comfortable with who I am. So I'm okay acting more girly, and if I have to dress up real girly I don't react badly to it, and what not. I'm still mostly guyish, but I walk some kind of line between both. Even though I'm okay with saying "Hey, I'ma chick!" now, I still call myself transgender, because I would still prefer to be male, it just.. won't stop me from living life, or keep me depressed or anything. xD; It used to.

If you see me in public, though, it might have to double-take to figure out what gender I am. :p

Edit: Oh, yeah, I agree with Lighting.. not too fond of my girly parts. They could poof, and be gone, and I couldn't care less. XD;

Back